It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best UFO photo...ever? Pilot David Hastings UFO.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This might seem like a random question, but: To the OP... do you take a medication called Paxil?

I understand the wish to share something that is thought to be very interesting information. I used to do that a lot - I am more of a multimedia information networker and was often more prone to torrenting. But when you come to a forum the idea is to write out the information - it takes time and focus and you have to expect different opinions. For example, you could take the time to transcribe the portion of the pilot's interview instead of just telling everyone to watch the video. The world is awash in information, so summaries are the best way to get your point across. Getting mad and telling people to watch a video can be considered laziness.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

It's ironic, insults of "being born yesterday" coming from someone who thinks Tim Tebow is the anti-Christ.
So is it a burn, a staple, a reflection, a sticker? It can't possibly be all of those?

Like someone else stated earlier this is either real or a blatant hoax, which is interesting either way.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Intriguing story, I have to admit. Thanks OP for posting this. But I have lot of doubts about the pic....it could be a kind of glory, something like this:

From WIKI:

A glory is an optical phenomenon that resembles an iconic saint's halo about the shadow of the observer's head. The effect is believed to happen due to classical wave tunneling, when light nearby the droplet tunnels through air inside the droplet and, in the case of Glory, is emitted backwards due to resonance effects.[1] The angular size is much smaller than a rainbow, about 5° to 20°, depending on the size of the droplets. The glory can only be seen when the observer is directly between the sun and cloud of refracting water droplets. Hence, it is commonly observed while airborne, with the glory surrounding the airplane's shadow on clouds (this is often called The Glory of the Pilot).

Peace and no hate,

Hundroid

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Was my staff alert ignored? I think so. This is your final warning. From here on out, any off topic posts, insults or other T&C violations will probably get you a posting ban! Stick to the TOPIC! Debate and discuss the TOPIC only!

ATTENTION!!

The topic of this thread is The best UFO photo...ever NOT other members. Not skeptics or believers or anything else other than The best UFO photo...ever

STOP posting about other members, or skeptis or debunkers or insults or anything that has nothing to do with the TOPIC!

Keep it up, you may be posted banned.

Thank you.

Carry on.

edit on January 30th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

First off, this isn't the most compelling UFO photo I've ever seen; offhand, I can't name and cite a better one, but I've definitely seen better.

Second, this one reminds me of another case in which some passengers on a British airliner took a picture of a "UFO". A BBC (I believe) photographer then took the same flight and was able to replicate the "UFO" image, which was determined to be an optical illusion due to refraction in the plane window of the plane engine or some other part of the aircraft. Again, sorry, I can't cite the particular case, but it is fairly commonly known of.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It looks like a smudge on the window or something. Really, this is what you consider the "best UFO photo ever"? Come on, I was expecting crystal clear detail!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

You get a star and a flag from me - it's an interesting image and the story can only be interpreted as a hoax or genuine.

The encounter was witnessed by his co-pilot David Paterson as the pair flew along in their Cessana C-337 Sky Master over the Mojavi Desert. David described how a mystery black shape came at them head-on, then flashed overhead. Seconds later they became aware of a object moving a high speed at their side. He said 'There's no doubt in my mind that we had an encounter with a UFO - and I've got the picture to prove it.'

The alleged pilot, David Hastings, went on to be a councillor of his local parish.

The image caught my attention towards the middle of last year and prompted me to contact him for further thoughts. I hoped he would add more information, for example he might have explained it as a private joke or a hoax on someone. He also could have stood by the claim that he photographed a genuine object. I guess he could have denied all knowledge too...

I couldn't find a private e-mail and didn't want to be a random weirdo phoning his place of work. Instead I wrote a letter to the district offices at Thorpe St. Andrew.

No reply, no returned post.

Thank you for that
, interesting to know. Please do post back here if you get a return letter.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

WELL OP, i like the picture, i think the documented UFO reports by pilots and those in the military are the best evidence we have. The Book UFO'S by Leslie Kane has so many great accounts of incidents like this, reported by credible witnesses. (it's a fun read, i keep it on my bedside table and will read a chapter if i'm having trouble sleeping. All the cases have written chapters by the pilots and military men and women that had the experience)

I think this is a great photo. I'll go back and watch the interview a little later.

Thanks OP!

S+F

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Come on, don't be so hard on the OP.

You really expect him to transcribe the interview? And then you ask if he's on meds that keep him/her from focusing? I would find that insulting.

The OP provided the photo, some information, and a video with an interview. I think that he did his part...now our part (if interested) would be to look at the photo, watch the video.

Lets talk about the issue here.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Thanks for mentioning the Urzi case. I've always enjoyed reading and reviewing UFO cases and never heard of this particular case. The videos were quite interesting.

I agree with you on the OP's claim that this is certainly not the best UFO photo. I usually don't give much credence to lights in the sky, or blurry photos and videos of UFO's.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Nope, sorry cutey pie. We aren't allowed to. No more off-topic posts. We are sticking to the subject from now on. I used to take Paxil and I would post videos here and get super pissed off at people. So I was actually speaking from experience - because 70% of the OP's posts on here are blocked for manners and decorum. Hence the comment. I was just giving advice - the very same advice people gave me on my posts. Including my recent Philip Corso's Son post. I was told to offer bullet points on the key issues raised in the video. I think, on a forum, that is a good idea. I did not mean to sound super harsh - but I did write that comment early in the morning after rolling my eyes at the fall-out on this thread.

And I was not being sarcastic about you being a cute-pie. You are very handsome.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

aww! haha well i wasn't being harsh either.

Just wanted the OP to not feel bad ..silly i guess!

But thanks! and thanks for the reply.

I actually agree with what you're saying.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

heres "The best UFO photo....EVER" lol

EDIT: I think after looking again its a sticker on the inside of the window....out of focus.
Notice how the light falls to the left and right of it. (this is what made me think reflection to begin with)

edit on 30-1-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

how would a sticker (not very thick) make the light appear to diverge?

i would think it would need some depth to produce an effect like that?

and wouldnt the light on the sticker make the edges of the sticker less distinct?
like looking at something on top of a wall into the sun?

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Thats not motion blur you can see thats....out of focus

Had it been motion blur....the image would look different. The object, would be a solid long object, not split as it appears in the image presented.

Notice the wing isnt blurred....had the guy pulled out the camera at speed and snapped the photo...the wing would also be blurred....motion blur.

He says it was above him, then they were aware of it moving at high speed to the side of them. This means the object couldnt have been going fast...otherwise the image would be blank. It would have passed before he had the chance to snap the photo.

Im not buying it

Why would the wing be blurred , the camera is travelling at the same speed as the plane its in...?

edit on 30-1-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I really did get excited when i saw the title best UFO pic ever. Too bad in my opinion in just looks like an optical illusion..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Looking into the small little mirror on the wing, you can tell by the shadow cast on the fuselage body that the sun appears to be directly over the aircraft. Isn't this fact consistent with the downward glare from both sides of the object and inconsistent with sticker glare on window theory?

Back to the pilots statement, the 'thing' was moving too fast for the human eye to lock on to it. He made it sound like he wasn't sure something was actually out there or not and was surreal to him. This proported ufo behavior sure would lend to the reason why we don't have more detailed UFO pics out there. Face it, the level of detailed photos of legitimate Ufo's are indeed hard to come by, even with today's technology of high-def & high resolution cameras. We just don't see them, but they are sensed at best. Really hard to photograph something sensed, let alone identify a UFO anomaly as such.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
For those who wants to try to work on the photo, here's the non-cropped version from "topfoto":

With the description below:

Preview of 0160564.jpg

Special Instructions:
©2001 Topham/ PressNet Credit Topham/ PressNet For use in uk apply PressNet tel 020 76843003 email [email protected]

Filename 0160564.jpg
File Size 577.54 Kb
Last Modified 21/09/2005
Colour space RGB

Uncompressed size 5227 Kb
Dimensions (pixels) 1080 x 1652
Dimensions 38.10 x 58.28 cm / 15.00 x 22.94 inch
Resolution 28.35 ppc / 72.00 ppi

Description Pilot David Hastings from Salhouse near Norwich,Norfolk has revealed how he had a close encounter with a UFO when flying in the USA in 1987. The encounter was witnessed by his co-pilot David Paterson as the pair flew along in their Cessana C-337 Sky Master over the Mojavi Desert. David described how a mystery black shape came at them head-on, then flashed overhead. Seconds later they became aware of a object moving a high speed at their side. He said 'There's no doubt in my mind that we had an encounter with a UFO - and I've got the picture to prove it.' When David who has been flying for 40 years, later showed the snaps to US Navy officers they refused to comment. Picture By Jerry Daws

Information
Crédit : Credit: TopFoto.co.uk
TopFoto.co.uk
Photographer:

Description locale Picture downloaded from www.pressnet.co.uk. 4/5 Academy Buildings, Fanshaw Street, London N1 6LQ. Street London EC2A 4LD. No archive rights, no resale or third party distribution

On the same website, there's also the cropped version (450x309), the original photo size is of 1080x1652.
Here you can find a bigger version of the cropped photo (652x447).

I wasn't able to find a better resolution anywhere. I registered at topfoto.co.uk anyway to see if there's a possibility to buy the original photo to work on.
edit on 31-1-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
For those who wants to try to work on the photo, here's the non-cropped version from "topfoto":

With the description below:

Preview of 0160564.jpg

Special Instructions:
©2001 Topham/ PressNet Credit Topham/ PressNet For use in uk apply PressNet tel 020 76843003 email [email protected]

Filename 0160564.jpg
File Size 577.54 Kb
Last Modified 21/09/2005
Colour space RGB

Uncompressed size 5227 Kb
Dimensions (pixels) 1080 x 1652
Dimensions 38.10 x 58.28 cm / 15.00 x 22.94 inch
Resolution 28.35 ppc / 72.00 ppi

Description Pilot David Hastings from Salhouse near Norwich,Norfolk has revealed how he had a close encounter with a UFO when flying in the USA in 1987. The encounter was witnessed by his co-pilot David Paterson as the pair flew along in their Cessana C-337 Sky Master over the Mojavi Desert. David described how a mystery black shape came at them head-on, then flashed overhead. Seconds later they became aware of a object moving a high speed at their side. He said 'There's no doubt in my mind that we had an encounter with a UFO - and I've got the picture to prove it.' When David who has been flying for 40 years, later showed the snaps to US Navy officers they refused to comment. Picture By Jerry Daws

Information
Crédit : Credit: TopFoto.co.uk
TopFoto.co.uk
Photographer:

Description locale Picture downloaded from www.pressnet.co.uk. 4/5 Academy Buildings, Fanshaw Street, London N1 6LQ. Street London EC2A 4LD. No archive rights, no resale or third party distribution

On the same website, there's also the cropped version (450x309), the original photo size is of 1080x1652.
Here you can find a bigger version of the cropped photo (652x447).

I wasn't able to find a better resolution anywhere. I registered at topfoto.co.uk anyway to see if there's a possibility to buy the original photo to work on.
edit on 31-1-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

Seeing that picture, which is as close to the original as possible, has made me even more impressed with the photo, thanks

Additionally, it's interesting to note that of all the folks who have slated this haven't actually mentioned a better UFO pic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join