It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best UFO photo...ever? Pilot David Hastings UFO.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by woodwytch

And whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion there is no need to be so rude ... where I come from it's a sure sign of the small minded who can't come up with an intelligent argument or debate ... remember 'debate' does not mean 'insult'

Why not try explaining how you came to your 'opinion' and why you feel the photograph the OP posted is cr@p ... follow-up your statement with a valid / logical reason it makes for a much more interesting discussion and nobody needs to get high-rate ... upset ... angry etc.

Opinions work both ways sweetie take a little while to find your way around the forums before you start being so critical it may come back to bite you on the bum ... you haven't been here long enough to have earned your 'ATS mouthpiece' yet

Woody

I totally agree.

Some people feel they can be as nasty as they want when they are behind their computer screens, much like people are behind the steering wheel of their cars. Would you really speak exactly the same way to him in person? Why be such a jerk about it?

Having said that, my opinion is that it is not the best UFO pic that I have seen, but the pilot's story does intrigue me. I gave the OP a star and flag for that.

Very good reply mate and thanks for anyone who took the time to view the interview. Insulting without a debate is stupid and definitely the sign of a meathead

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Been here a long while dude....ive seen many members like you come and go....this is nothing new to me

Trolololol away

edit on 30-1-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: sorted the spelling!! lol

You ain't seen nothing yet

edit on 30-1-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
sorry double post

edit on 30-1-2012 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

And whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion there is no need to be so rude ... where I come from it's a sure sign of the small minded who can't come up with an intelligent argument or debate ... remember 'debate' does not mean 'insult'

Why not try explaining how you came to your 'opinion' and why you feel the photograph the OP posted is cr@p ... follow-up your statement with a valid / logical reason it makes for a much more interesting discussion and nobody needs to get high-rate ... upset ... angry etc.

Opinions work both ways sweetie take a little while to find your way around the forums before you start being so critical it may come back to bite you on the bum ... you haven't been here long enough to have earned your 'ATS mouthpiece' yet

Woody

I totally agree.

Some people feel they can be as nasty as they want when they are behind their computer screens, much like people are behind the steering wheel of their cars. Would you really speak exactly the same way to him in person? Why be such a jerk about it?

Having said that, my opinion is that it is not the best UFO pic that I have seen, but the pilot's story does intrigue me. I gave the OP a star and flag for that.

I don't feel I've insulted anyone and yes, face to face, comp to comp is all the same, I guess I must remember that some people have thin skins
Thank you for taking the time to view the story behind the picture.

The insult comment wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at 'wozameated' in your defence

Woody

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ditto although I would like to know if the photograph was ever analysed properly at the time and what the expert opinion was back in the 80's ... just out of curiosity.

Woody

I would love to find more info on this photo however, as I said there is very little online about it. If only I knew this thread was gonna ruffle the scepticals feathers, I'd have pushed it more

Woody

I totally agree.

I don't feel I've insulted anyone and yes, face to face, comp to comp is all the same, I guess I must remember that some people have thin skins
Thank you for taking the time to view the story behind the picture.

The insult comment wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at 'wozameated' in your defence

Woody

And yes, I realised, caught in the heat of the debate

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
You titled your thread "The best UFO photo...ever"... and post a photo which shows some undefined, contour-less "smear" resembling some fly poop. Sorry, weak.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Ditto although I would like to know if the photograph was ever analysed properly at the time and what the expert opinion was back in the 80's ... just out of curiosity.

Woody

I would love to find more info on this photo however, as I said there is very little online about it. If only I knew this thread was gonna ruffle the scepticals feathers, I'd have pushed it more

Yeah it get's you that way sometimes but that's the underbelly ... sometimes if you tickle it it goes back to sleep

Who'd have thought one little pic ...

Woody

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Woody

Yeah it get's you that way sometimes but that's the underbelly ... sometimes if you tickle it it goes back to sleep

Who'd have thought one little pic ...

Woody

Yeah, one little simple photo, sticker on the cockpit window indeed, I'm gonna laugh for weeks on that one

link   

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this doesnt ruffle us "skeptics" feathers at all

We often come up against brick walls when trying to discuss photos/videos. You had already decided before posting, that this was 100% legit, and could be nothing other than an alien spacecraft.

You have discounted everyone who tries to bring logic and sense to the thread.

link   

Nobody in this thread has said there are no such things as ufos.

What get under the skin of people is saying it's "The best UFO photo...ever" then seeing that it is far from it.

Then once expressing the opinion it's not close to the "best ever" people are told not to reply if they disagree.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Nobody in this thread has said there are no such things as ufos.

What get under the skin of people is saying it's "The best UFO photo...ever" then seeing that it is far from it.

Then once expressing the opinion it's not close to the "best ever" people are told not to reply if they disagree.

I said, don't reply if you haven't watched the video mate, it's like turning on the cooker with no power.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!

The topic of this thread is The best UFO photo...ever NOT other members. Not skeptics or believers or anything else other than The best UFO photo...ever

STOP posting about other members, or skeptis or debunkers or insults or anything that has nothing to do with the TOPIC!

Keep it up, you may be posted banned.

Thank you.

Carry on.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
*** DISCUSS THE PICTURE PLEASE ***
edit on 30-1-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If anyone with good sources can provide more information behind this picture, the pilot or the story then please let me know.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I watched your video as requested, up until they were comparing this UFO to one in Brazil. Just saying,it's not the best UFO photo I've ever seen , but still it's interesting as was the interview of the pilot. I put the video on full screen , froze it and looked at it with a magnifying glass...looked very irregular and organic, not metallic at all. For some reason it made me think about what was the craft's mode of propulsion...something to do with anti-gravity or electro-magnetic ? Maybe the picture isn't blurry...maybe the craft itself is? The reason the OP got himself into such a critical area is because of the title of the thread....I say give him a little slack, it's still an interesting thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
I watched your video as requested, up until they were comparing this UFO to one in Brazil. Just saying,it's not the best UFO photo I've ever seen , but still it's interesting as was the interview of the pilot. I put the video on full screen , froze it and looked at it with a magnifying glass...looked very irregular and organic, not metallic at all. For some reason it made me think about what was the craft's mode of propulsion...something to do with anti-gravity or electro-magnetic ? Maybe the picture isn't blurry...maybe the craft itself is? The reason the OP got himself into such a critical area is because of the title of the thread....I say give him a little slack, it's still an interesting thread.

Well I appreciate that mate, thanks. As per the interview the pilot said the object was travelling at a fair rate of speed hence the blurring.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Thats not motion blur you can see thats....out of focus

Had it been motion blur....the image would look different. The object, would be a solid long object, not split as it appears in the image presented.

Notice the wing isnt blurred....had the guy pulled out the camera at speed and snapped the photo...the wing would also be blurred....motion blur.

He says it was above him, then they were aware of it moving at high speed to the side of them. This means the object couldnt have been going fast...otherwise the image would be blank. It would have passed before he had the chance to snap the photo.

Im not buying it

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Thats not motion blur you can see thats....out of focus

Had it been motion blur....the image would look different. The object, would be a solid long object, not split as it appears in the image presented.

Notice the wing isnt blurred....had the guy pulled out the camera at speed and snapped the photo...the wing would also be blurred....motion blur.

He says it was above him, then they were aware of it moving at high speed to the side of them. This means the object couldnt have been going fast...otherwise the image would be blank. It would have passed before he had the chance to snap the photo.

Im not buying it

Fair enough mate, the reason the object is split is the design of the UFO, compared to the South American UFO, you can see what I mean. I don't buy your theory, you've tried debunking it from the get-go, that's fine

Additionally the pilot said the object flew over them, before appearing to the side of them, at speed.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Fair enough mate, the reason the object is split is the design of the UFO, compared to the South American UFO, you can see what I mean. I don't buy your theory, you've tried debunking it from the get-go, that's fine Additionally the pilot said the object flew over them, before appearing to the side of them, at speed.

Can you show me a picture of the design? And then explain how this made the image appear as it does

Ive never heard of motion blur causing parts of the image to separate....care to explain?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join