It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know your enemy ... the Daily Mail & Viscount Rothermere

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Also.... you want an excellent satire of the Daily Fail? (That's actually pretty accurate)

uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Truly hilarious.

Also... Daily Mail random story generator.

charlieharvey.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
That's precisely why I read it, to know the enemy.
As most people in this thread know, not only are the reports right wing crap, the comments are on the whole downright disgusting.
Sort of puts things in a weird perspective to think - while walking down the street - any one of those so called mild mannered people you pass might be the scum who wishes anyone with a household income lower than £50000 a year be forcibly steralised.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
mein kampf is the highest form of racism, because everything is based on adolfs troubles and points the finger at not just jews but non germans, this is why arryan brotherhood is stupid hitler believed the germans were arrayn no other white race, so he wasnt looking for white power but german only.

the daily mail, is a news outlet like every single other form, which is sustainable and objectionale, but only if you look and dont absorb it all, i mean, come on unless your watching, the childrens news, every news format is corrupted, as is every form of business, or politician or sportsman, its human nature that majority becomes corrupted, with power money and influence.

to this as similiar, to the nazi regimes, own paper which was published and controlled by the regime, is beyond the thought process of a 32 year old male.

i dont read into any news, to much because fact is they all sensationalize things so we buy them end of. and you expect it to be perfect is ridiculuos.

i have yet to read an argument, saying that african americans, jews, hispanics, mexicans, columbians, chinese, thai and all races bar white british should be put to the rifle or deported or made slaves.

till i do it remains right wing sensationilst bolox,funded by the rich to be read and taken for truth by idiots.

and with all due respect i am not racist but im sick of everybody walking round claiming racism like its in #ing fashion, i mean seriously at the end of the day every race comits crimes,

were all tossers can we just stfu and get on with it if this paper annoys you so much dont buy it and buy the daily star or sun, or maybe gaurdian have fun with them

good day to you sir

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

As I thought, no answer to my post.

I guess it must be annoying when you're shown to have no clue what you're talking about huh?

Run along now.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
tell me what paper, you like ill find fails, and mock that this can be done about anything

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

No...

You said me calling the Daily Mail the "Nazi Mail" was stupid and I didn't know what racism was and that the paper was maybe just a little racist and not all that bad.

I have shown you that back in the day, they supported the Nazis and Hitler.

If you try and call someone out and attack them, please make sure you have a clue first... otherwise it's you who ends up looking stupid.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I quote a lot of Daily Maul articles on ATS. Sorry for that.

I know nothing of politics.

I just hate the DM for the way it treats people and keeps us all under control (or else we'll get the same). Keeping us in control and policing each other.
They say what's allowed and what's not allowed in society.

Recently (this'll bore the tits off you) we have been taught that a 26 year old woman can't date a 17 year old boy. A 53yr old woman can't ever have fun and flash her boobs or ever get in a jaccuzzi with younger men. If you have wrinkles on your hands you should hang your head in shame, unless you're Helen Mirren. Katie Price should hide in a hole and never show her face in public again. They make you hate foreigners but you can't say a word against them or you're a racist and that's worse.
The price of your house defines everything about you. If you're on the dole you're scum, even though they tell you that foreigners are taking all the jobs. If you're on the dole and have a baby on the way, you should be shot. They don't really say that but they do bay for blood. Sorry that should read THEY GET THE PUBLIC BAYING FOR BLOOD. That's why I hate them.

They might tell you so-and-so is ill from depression but then they invite comments from hundreds of the nastier sort of public to write the most spiteful, hurtful things that just 1 single comment would send most of us off the edge. Who'd be a celebrity?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is THEY GET THE PUBLIC BAYING FOR BLOOD. They steer opinion and twist it back again till we're all unsure about everything. Icke was right.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

You forgot how they were inviting everyone to laugh at Christina Agularia or however the hell you spell it, either weeing down her legs or coming on her period in front of everyone at Etta James Memorial. Now that's what I'd call literally baying for blood.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

But then everyone seems to have been at it.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by wigit

You forgot how they were inviting everyone to laugh at Christina Agularia or however the hell you spell it, either weeing down her legs or coming on her period in front of everyone at Etta James Memorial. Now that's what I'd call literally baying for blood.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

But then everyone seems to have been at it.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Ye, I forgot that one.

In my opinion she's wearing leg make-up and someone spilled a drink on her. But the Maul wants us to think the very worst while pretending not to. It's disgusting that it was probably women who wrote the article too. BITCHES!

"Christina Agularia" < lol at that spelling. It's summit like that tho.

edit on 1-2-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hang on a second, don't apologise for referencing the DM.

The DM is subject to exactly the same restraints and obligations as all other forms of printed and online press. They may produce articles that are spun to within an inch of breaking point ( I have no doubt that this is often the case) but thats not a fair criticism from individuals who use a forum that promotes sensationalist information, stories and theories.

I don't like the DM that much at all but it is no more biased about some things than Russia Today is about others.

Events happen, but news is CHOSEN - wherever you get it from.
edit on 10-2-2012 by ComeFindMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just thought I'd re-visit this thread and throw in my tuppence worth about the Daily Mail & it's latest shenanigans.

For those not following the UK news, the British Labor leader Ed Miliband (he whose parliamentary tactics ended British participation in what was to be the western intervention in Syria) is having to endure the sight of the Daily Mail crucifying the reputation of his late Father, Ralph.

Ralph Miliband, a Jew, was born in Belgium & he fled to England in 1940 to avoid Nazi persecution. He served in the British Royal Navy during the war years. After the war he gained British citizenship & became a prominent Marxist theorist. In a distinguished academic career, Ralph Miliband taught at the London School of Economics, Roosevelt University in Chicago, New York City University, York University & Brandeis University. He seems to have been well respected by his students, his contemporaries and politicians right across the political spectrum who recognized his many qualities of decency, probity, fairness.

Yet aged 16, in his own personal diary and as a boy who had just arrived in England as a Jewish refugee, this confused and totally mixed up kid wrote the following about his new hosts and their country ...

When you hear the English talk of this war you sometimes almost want them to lose it to show them how things are ... To lose their empire would be the worst possible humiliation.

And it is for those comments which the Daily Mail this week branded that boy a traitor and as someone who hated Britain. Not content with that, they've sent reporters into a private memorial service for Ed Miliband's uncle this week, asking those attending what they thought of the Labor leaders Father & legacy.

What this newspaper has done is disgusting. The Labor leader's father died 20 years ago and his reputation is being impugned simply to noise his son up.

I can't believe that this dreadful newspaper & it's online content drives so much of what passes for political discourse in the United Kingdom. It & other sites such as Drudge all seem to thrive & live off each other's content, sometimes not even bothering to amend the articles at all. These sites have become one big mid-Atlantic maelstrom of the purest, undiluted vitriol.

Everyone they hate they define as anti-British or anti-American, be it single parents, gays, left wingers/democrats or a million others. Seems they think only the Mail & Drudge are the decent ones, the real patriots. But as the British Deputy PM Clegg succinctly stated today, ""When I heard the Daily Mail accusing someone of saying that they didn't like Britain... I'm not a regular reader of this newspaper but every time I do open it, it just seems to be overflowing with bile about modern Britain," he said. They [Daily Mail] don't like working mothers, they don't like the BBC, they don't like members of the royal family, they don't like teachers, they don't like the English football team - the list goes on. Talk about kettles and pots."

I know it isn't popular with some here. But I still maintain we need to think twice before using that godawful newspaper as a reliable source. Impartial it assuredly is not.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Last time we spoke it wasn't on the best of terms, but i really...Really Agree with you on this thread...Gutter press at it's finest..
toys.usvsth3m.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

I occasionally read The Daily Mail and attempt to do so with an open mind - that doesn't last long as it rarely fails to either anger or disgust me with it's blatantly agenda driven articles and it shows very little attempt at unbiased reporting.

It's a truly horrible publication.

Years ago I started reading The Guardian - that's a pile of crap too, full of pseudo-intellectual claptrap.

My limited reading of newspapers these days tends towards the local publication The Northern Echo.

Forgive me for I am a sinner - I also sometimes look at The Sun, (emphasis on look), as I like Page 3, Striker and it's horse racing tips - I'm a simple man and I despise myself for being so weak.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have written to the Mail before, complaining about an opinon piece riddled with lies and errors being presented as a news story. Not surprisingly, had no response.

What I will say though is that the Mail's website is a good source of pictures whenever there is a natural disaster, especially weather related. Whether that justifies their existance is another matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join