It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong earthquake strikes central Peru, injuring more than 70

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Strong earthquake strikes central Peru, injuring more than 70

upfrontnewswire.com

ICA, PERU (BNO NEWS) — A strong earthquake struck near the Peruvian city of Ica on early Monday morning, causing damage and injuring more than 70 people, officials said. Thousands of people were forced to spend the night on the street.

The 6.2-magnitude earthquake at 12:11 a.m. local time (0511 GMT) was centered about 47 kilometers (29 miles) southwest of Ica, the capital of the region which carries the same name. It struck about 48 kilometers (29.8 miles) deep, making it a shallow earthquake, according to the Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wonder if this is just a precusor to a monster quake, comparable to what happened in japan.
With all of the earth changes that is going on, massive flooding, earthquakes, volcanoes erupting etc. It is evident that the earth is going through some massive and violent changes. I believe there is much more to come in the near future

upfrontnewswire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I reckon you could be right, i think a big quake is gonna happen for sure
in the near future although i reckon Chile might be the prime location for this.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Actually with all the quakes in central Mexico and Peru lately has me a little spooked about the U.S. West coast. Been a little too quiet. I would think reguar moderate quakes would relieve some pressure build up.

But not much going on for quite a while... too quiet if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

join