It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a certain distance from Earth in space no living being can not survive ,even in a spaceship.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

tin can with a string attached
Oh my God,how did you knew that!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

So travelling at the speed of light would not take 120,000 years.
I am not saying we can travel at the speed of light only if we did.

I was talking about how long it would take using the fastest we have now.

Surely you read that.

Now can we return to topic?
edit on 1/30/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Lapislazuli

I stated that above,but more then that many proofs are that a mission to the Moon never took place,first I think they should send a dog,to see the effects for a long journey to the moon,and after that a manned spaceship.

Good God, people still believe this crap. As I stated before and will do so one more time The Russians monitored EVERYTHING we did in our space program, the civilian component NASA was available for all to observe. (The military space program, the NRO is a military space entity and is mostly completely black) Though I'm sure things have been watched by Russia over the years when they could regarding that. And all the astronauts are in on this big bad conspiracy to, no doubt. I guess the first qualification is they be pathological liars. Please educate yourself for if no one else your own sake? Being so uninformed makes you easily manipulated by all sorts of people and agenda's. When I see stuff like this total bizarre delusion, I can't believe such non-sense. I'm getting a headache, good-bye.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by artistpoet

So travelling at the speed of light would not take 120,000 years.
I am not saying we can travel at the speed of light only if we did.

I was talking about how long it would take using the fastest we have now.

Surely you read that.

Yes I did - I got carried away - Yes using conventional space craft I don't doubt your figure of 140,000 years.
I think this is one of the Big questions NASA have considered. As I remember one solution would be to have children aboard and then for them to bear more children etc - But that would mean err ummm cant be bothered to do the maths on how many generations needed.
edit on 30-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Getting back to the topic - Yes Humans can live in space in a capsule but how long before really detremental affects would cause harm I don't know.
Intersteller space travel could mean encountering yet unknown hazards.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers
*sigh* This conversation is like masturbating with a cheese grator, mostly painful but somewhat amusing......
speculative conspiracy theory discussions of all topics

It may not do me any good anyway because if space is a vacuum, shouldn't all astronauts be women
Really?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

*sigh* This conversation is like masturbating with a cheese grator, mostly painful but somewhat amusing......

It may not do me any good anyway because if space is a vacuum, shouldn't all astronauts be women
Really?

If you can't even recognize obvious jokes, why should one accept your preposterous theory as the truth you claim it is?
edit on 1/30/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Ok, granted conspiracy and such, I'll give ya that. But in the exploration of your theory your not willing to bend to other possibilities to include the well known. You have to meet us half way here even if to concede the "what if" we did go to the moon. Perhaps your theory still holds water if your willing to humor us as we are you.

To flat out deny till your blue in the face neither helps your case, nor disproves ours. I don't think that highly of NASA either, still does not erode the 50 years of information gathered by them, nor the contribution they made to physics in general over the years.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

We have the means to get there, but not the tech to sustain life (namely ours). And correct for our bodies to function properly we need some sort of gravity....this has not been replicated effectively yet...again tech wise it makes no sense to try unless we can come up with the tech needed to sustain life in space.

Then there's money.....and if your not up to current events......we apparently don't have any to spend on it as space is again apparently not a priority. Also just to comment, it would be ridiculous to speculate we never went to the moon, when we sent people up for high orbits anyway. Why go through all the trouble if the goal wasn't for something greater? I dunno...like the moon?

I'm sure we've solved some of these tech issues we had back in the day, just not enough to be able to carry forth with the plan of actually doing it. That and there is quite a bit in testing right now through private labs and NASA funded projects via universities.

It's like hanging out at the top of a erupting volcano....sure you can hang for a few minutes, but staying up there for any prolonged amount of time while its going off is not going to be very healthy. And until we figure out a way around the cosmic radiation issue, gravity, propulsion, navigation, etc etc.....its not worth trying to go back to the moon or anywhere else for info we can get from probes and such where man missions is involved.

Does that help? BTW that lil cell phone you carry around is tech the military had 10 years ago thanks to DARPA. Just imagine what they can do now that we have no idea about......it boggles the mind.......

With out gravity our muscles will over time atrophy and our bones loose calcium. But this has zero to do with the fact WE can and have gone as far as the moon, and the Russians have well over a year in the MIR Station, if not more. Of course when they got back to Earth they had to be carried from the capsule to the waiting ambulance. Totally different issue and disconnected assumptions not based on facts. But you are right about one thing, what DARPA the NRO and other groups have would blow your, and most peoples mind from a technological point of view.

And thats just the US. But generating gravity will be required for long duration flights and can be done with centrifugal force. You do have to make the arc of rotation large enough (not to difficult) or the circular inhabited torus big enough (more material so it would likely cost more). The reason is called the coriollas force so as not to cause an off center movement of fluid in the inner ear, that can produce what is akin to sea sickness. Be nice if we had Star Trek graviton generators, inertial damping fields, and gravity plating but as far I know we don't. Yet.)
edit on 30/1/12 by arbiture because: spelling barf...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

This forum is not a joke,is a serious matter!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by KaiserSoze

Sorry I don't understand,is this discrimination?

Yes, it is discrimination against the tragically humor impaired.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Diamond- Just some questions. Is it possible that there is life in another galaxy?
Do you believe in aliens/UFO's? If you do believe, then how are they able to survive in space?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Good point........if there are other life forms barreling through the galaxy....how do they wing it? Or are you going to say they are not space travelers but interdimensional beings that live on earth...just not in this reality...somewhere close though...like utah?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

still does not erode the 50 years of information gathered by them, nor the contribution they made to physics in general over the years.
That is true,but in the same time there is no justification plausible of not" going back to the Moon".

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why do people bother posting on a thread like this? The OP is knuckle-draggingly oblivious to science, rationale, history, physics etc. Why become embroiled in another 'duh, they never went to moon, duh' argument? Folks there's plenty more intelligent debates going on on ATS, leave these youtube 'researchers' to do their thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Do you believe in aliens/UFO's? If you do believe, then how are they able to survive in space?
Yes I do, as stated here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Think of it like vacationing in New Jersey......you go there once, and never return...you go to say you've been there done that.....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Now now, sour grapes......OP's right about one thing.....this is a conspiracy site.....Im just hanging to see if there is any other info OP could offer to make me think twice about my assertions. (hint hint)

So far we have at least one contradiction.......

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

At a certain distance from Earth no living being cannot survive.It is something,a bond that keep us alive as long as we are around the Earth and on Earth.

This is like saying that at a certain distance from one's Mother, one dies. If a human Mother can extend her "maternal love field" across continents and oceans, why can't Mother Earth extend her "biological life field" as far as necessary to protect her children? By exploring space, humanity is expanding the biological life field, don't you think?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join