It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a certain distance from Earth in space no living being can not survive ,even in a spaceship.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

Well, P.D. Ouspensky, the consummate Russian mathematician, thought that smaller things evolved into greater things, that asteroids evolved into moons and moons evolved into planets and planets ultimately evolved into stars.

Which may sound quite idiotic at first

And remains idiotic upon further reflection. Incidentally, what were that consummate mathematician's contributions to mathematics? (Might as well keep straying of topic... there's no "there" there to begin with.
)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
What does any of your rant have to do with the actual topic of this thread? Human beings act upon the best of their knowledge. When they started stringing wires, they didn't fully understand the Sun's electromagnetic activity. So what? What does that have to do with going to the Moon?

Ah, I discern that I'm talking to a teenager — or at least a teenage mind — who has no grasp of the loftier concepts, and not much of an attention span.

See, it's exactly that sort of short-sightedness that is the hallmark of Science. Because if they ever thought through their clever inventions and dynamics and measurements and theories, they would consider the IMPACT of their "gifts" upon the world and, possibly, they would not have pursued certain realms of research.

Such as nuclear weaponry.

Such as bio-weaponry.

Such as FAST FOOD, ffs.

The topic of this thread is looking before you LEAP into Space, my child, because Space will KILL you. It's about forethought.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

And remains idiotic upon further reflection. Incidentally, what were that consummate mathematician's contributions to mathematics? (Might as well keep straying of topic... there's no "there" there to begin with.

Look it up. Educate yourself.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

Look it up. Educate yourself.

I assume that your previous outburst of self righteous condescension is because you couldn't find any mathematical papers by Ouspensky either. (I wouldn't have asked if I hadn't already looked.) Moving along, you just launched a tirade about people developing things before they fully thought things through. When asked what you would have done if transported back to the 1890's, you said that you would encourage Tesla's broadcast power scheme. Now, here's my question to you: did you really think that through as thoroughly as you demand of others? Tesla's power transmission generates X-rays. I'll assume you already knew that. Do you really think flooding the country from coast to coast with X-rays is a good idea?

Getting back on topic, SPACE WILL not KILL YOU. Every environment contains hazards. Water can kill you. Carbon dioxide can kill you. Falling rubble can kill you... yet we survive. Why do you suppose that is?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan

Originally posted by SolidGoal
He obviously would have done things differently, if you go to Zesko's blog you can clearly see that guy is a "clairvoyant".

And your point is?

You seem to be a self-proclaimed clairvoyant, no ? Can't you see it ?
Joking aside, I don't want to fall into a useless diatribe here.
But the tone of your replies sounds pedantic towards other users who just want to bring some critical thinking and reasoning to this thread.
That is just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

What does any of your rant have to do with the actual topic of this thread? Human beings act upon the best of their knowledge. When they started stringing wires, they didn't fully understand the Sun's electromagnetic activity. So what? What does that have to do with going to the Moon?

Ah, I discern that I'm talking to a teenager — or at least a teenage mind — who has no grasp of the loftier concepts, and not much of an attention span.

See, it's exactly that sort of short-sightedness that is the hallmark of Science. Because if they ever thought through their clever inventions and dynamics and measurements and theories, they would consider the IMPACT of their "gifts" upon the world and, possibly, they would not have pursued certain realms of research.

Such as nuclear weaponry.

Such as bio-weaponry.

Such as FAST FOOD, ffs.

The topic of this thread is looking before you LEAP into Space, my child, because Space will KILL you. It's about forethought.

His "teenage mind" as you put it is using logic. Which is sure sign of intelligence.
Now lets see here... nuclear weaponry and bio-weaponry. No one on the planet thinks that they're gifts not even it's creators. However from these inventions we've learnt many great things.
Nuclear power for all of its draw-backs is quite possibly powering your computer right now. This discovery has lead to further research like fusion energy which will probably power the whole planet one day.

Fast food was hardly a scientific invention was it? Some guy took some minced beef and made a burger out of it. What a crazy scientist, never thought of the ultimate conclusion did he? For shame Ronald McDonald... for shame.

Louis Pasteur thought... "you know heating up this milk I have here and then cooling it rapidly will reduce the amount of dangerous pathogens and will save millions of lives". Damn him and his short-sighted scientific discoveries that have saved more lives on this planet than probably any other discovery. < shakes fist >

Yes science can be dangerous at times but if we sat back and never tried anything we'd still be in the stone ages frowning at that chap from the cave across the swamp that just made a wheel.
edit on 1-2-2012 by cainey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
So in other words we in some sort of jail.... Don't particularly think that would be a bad thing for the rest of the universe

What would happen if we put some earth in the space ship?

i thought that is what they did
ill check into that after my tea

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The problem I have with the "Earth is a prison from God" theories is simply this: God gave us free will. By putting us in a prison, we no longer have free will, as our choices are forced. As such, I refuse to accept this conclusion because that is not the God I believe in.

Now, approaching this from a scientific viewpoint. Why isn't the government funding all this stuff? Quite simple. Look around. People are loosing their homes, unemployment at all time high, government bailouts, etc. It was taken off the table because there are significantly more important things going on right now.

Of interesting note, they are building a spaceport in Colorado. The shift has been from government to private sector for this type of work. The X-Project proved NASA wasted billions. Just give it about one, maybe two, more decade and I think you will be surprised with what we will be accomplishing.

www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by notonsamepage

During the height of the cold war?

Methinks not!

methinks its just the perfect "cover" ..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You have no evidence to support this theory. What is against you is that unmanned probes from mankind has already traveled to just about every one of the most important planets in our solar system and to the edge of our solar system. Believe me the upper edges of America's secret government knows what is out there and chances are secret missions are already going on that the public is unaware of.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by notonsamepage

If you knew what was at stake during the cold war, you wouldn't be saying that.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
That's what I believe.That is the reason we have never been on the Moon.

At a certain distance from Earth no living being cannot survive.It is something,a bond that keep us alive as long as we are around the Earth and on Earth.

That is why all the manned space mission took place at a limit of space, outside Earth's atmosphere.
After that limit is exceeded every living being will die because all biological and energy ties are broken.

But no one can explain this.There is no proof otherwise.They say that a manned mission to Mars will take place at a moment in time,but all that time delay,though the technology exist for years.

It's something that they cannot explain,why we can not travel in space only up to a certain distance.

I think it's a well kept secret.

Space is hard on the human body. That's why there isn't huge space exploration and going to lots of planets. The effects of space (gravity/radiation) are still being explored and ways to counter those problems so that we can have more space exploration & in the future living in space.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by bluedrake

So in other words we in some sort of jail
Yes like a jail,a jail that we don't appreciate.

I'm sooo myterious...so mystic...so much more advanced than you are....oooohhh aaaahh

shut-up!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

The effects of space (gravity/radiation) are still being explored and ways to counter those problems so that we can have more space exploration & in the future living in space.
Then how is possible to land on the moon so many years ago as they are still exploring the effect of radiation on human body.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

At a certain distance from Earth no living being cannot survive

thats a double negative, what you essentially just said was that 'At a certain distance from Earth living beings can survive'

just me being pedantic i suppose, and as for us not going to the moon, ive argued that in soooo many threads that im not even gunna go there.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by knoledgeispower

The effects of space (gravity/radiation) are still being explored and ways to counter those problems so that we can have more space exploration & in the future living in space.
Then how is possible to land on the moon so many years ago as they are still exploring the effect of radiation on human body.

Because they were gone for a few days and the effects were not as severe as spending several months in space. The longer you stay in a dangerous environment the more you'll be affected.
Go to North Pole for an hour in appropriate clothing and you'll be fine. Stay there for a week or more and you'll probably start to suffer from effects of freezing temperatures.
I'm sure the scientific community are working towards protecting astronauts more effectively.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by maceov

Sorry, perhaps I did get a tad carried away. You're right of course.

I'll do better in future!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Nada. Nothing. A big goose egg. Null set. Zero.

Ok that about covers what he has proven so far.

Um, pardon, but the OP's point about Human life withering and dying when taken away from the Earth HAS BEEN PROVEN, it's a major obstacle to manned Space travel.

Hate to bust your cherries, but you're not gonna be flying around the solar system in little x-wing fighters or space pods or whatever... The further away from the Earth you travel, the faster you die.

I would love to know why you have concluded that travel "farther away from the the Earth the faster you die" On what do you base that comment? Away from the Earths magnetic field you have to be concerned with cosmic rays and the occasional large solar flare. But we are looking at ways to deal with this, both with material-shielding, even water which is quite effective and could be used to power (as propellent) a nuclear thermal engine (like NERVA). There is also a lot of research being done on cold&hot plasma shields. This makes the most sense since until we have regular access to space to build craft, etc any mass taken from Earth is going to be expensive.

Another thing to consider with cosmic ray exposure is to limit the time it takes to get to Mar's for example. We have developed what is called a VASIMER engine. This is a combination of magnetic acceleration of a conductive plasma, and supplementary ion drive. A VASIMER engine could get us to Mar's in 39 days, not 6 months. This is also MUCH faster then nuclear thermal power. And the weight of getting a conventional thermal reactor to space is problematic. I have heard we have by the way for orbital radar-sats. But can't confirm that.

Nuclear power using radio-isotopes is much simpler/lighter and has powered the Voyager probes plus our probes to Titan, etc. But you don't get very much power in raw KW with this, so its fine for just powering on board electrical systems for unmanned probes since they use gravity assist to get probes to the outer planets, or even Mar's. But you won't get enough to (likely) power a larger VASIMER or magneto-hydrodynamic propulsion system. There may be ways around this, and you also have the potential for radio-isotopic generators charging a bank of cascade capacitors and various methods of solar power.

And you will need artificial gravity to maintain health for unlimited time in zero G. Hence getting to Mar's in 39 days negates that need, and simplifies space craft design. You would want artificial G for a space station if you are considering long term habitation.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not so very long ago I had the same little theory. I theorized that we and all other organisms on Earth have a magnetic-field and bio-frequency that is very connected and in "tune" with the Earths m-field and frequency. If we loose that "connection" our hearts will fail and body energy can not be re-charged.

But that is all a weird and tin-foil-hat crazy theory....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Then how do you explain the alien visitors to Earth that our government is trying so hard to hide?

I don't believe the statement at all. Humans will eventually build technology that can protect us from deep space. Yes there are deadly radiations and high energy particles that will destroy DNA, but all those things can be shielded against with technology. We are only trapped here by our evil governments who don't want us to know that we can leave our planet and solar system.

The only thing stopping humanity from going into space is financial gain. There is plenty of proof that man has been to the Moon.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join