It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists able to talk to and teach dolphins sentences - Dolphins share a universal language.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
never mind

edit on 8-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by Spiratio because: removed - not sure of the appropriateness of the context

edit on 8-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiratio
reply to post by TWILITE22

Can you rephrase your question? I don think I understand what your asking...

just to clarify the joke implies that dolphins are smarter cos their intelligence doesn't damage the world, your question ends with a similar statement. Am I missing something?
No your not missing anything,(lol) was replying to the statement that dolphins were second in intelligence.I asked who was first,because the definition of "intelligence" could be defined in different ways.

Dolphins and other animals could be defined as more intelligent by the fact that they are much more efficient than humans.They live life as efficiently as possible,and don't have the issues and problems that people create for themselves.

So let me get this straight... do you agree?
edit on 9-2-2012 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by Spiratio
reply to post by TWILITE22

Can you rephrase your question? I don think I understand what your asking...

just to clarify the joke implies that dolphins are smarter cos their intelligence doesn't damage the world, your question ends with a similar statement. Am I missing something?
No your not missing anything,(lol) was replying to the statement that dolphins were second in intelligence.I asked who was first,because the definition of "intelligence" could be defined in different ways.

Dolphins and other animals could be defined as more intelligent by the fact that they are much more efficient than humans.They live life as efficiently as possible,and don't have the issues and problems that people create for themselves.

So let me get this straight... do you agree?

It all depends on whether you take the white mice part seriously cos thats what the punchline states (they are the smartest and dolphins are the second) so that answers the first question for you.

I think humans will be the most intelligent once they have learnt not to create mass extinction events for themselves i.e humanity has the highest potential. At this point dolphins are the most efficient and therefore intelligent. I don't think brain matter (capacity) is what determines intelligence... intelligence is how much information/inspiration one can extract from the Akashic Records/Aether. I suppose dolphins have larger brains because they decipher/produce acoustic-images.
edit on 9-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join