It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worst Thing Ive Ever Seen...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So, Im watching a rerun of futurama, on comedy central, and I see a commercial that starts off with some sappy stuff about 9/11. A few seconds into the commercial I start to say to myself (and the wife), "this better not be some new coin scam that preys on people's emotions from 9/11". Up to this point, it really hadnt become a major issue (they've pulled this crap before).....a few seconds later, the commercial goes into the seal team 6 assassination of bin laden and now I'm thinking, "this had damn well better not be some coin scam using ST6....".

Well, guess what? For $19.99, you get a nifty little gold coin with the towers on one side (with a bush quote) and seal team 6 on the other (with an Obama quote)...they even throw in a silver version with some maps and info about the bin laden raid.....its a deal worth $200!!1!!!11!

Meanwhile, most of those seal team 6 members, who were making all of 2k/month for their service, have died in other raids and neither they, nor their families, will see a damn dime from this crap.

This is the reason why capitalism sucks....unless these idiots donate most, if not all, of their profit (on a coin scam no less...its not like this is a movie/book that provides something of worth and promotes the military), they need to be stoned to death by Arab terrorists.

Here is the website if you are so inclined: www.justicecoin.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I saw that. The worst part is not that they're capitalizing on this, it's that people will actually buy them. Maybe some think it's got historical value, but these "mints" that make these types of items are not really mints at all and the products have no real value in the sense that you can't just go spend them. I remember when one of these types of places came out with Obama coins--LOL they were painted-over 50-cent pieces, so this doesn't surprise me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There is also a movie coming out called Incredibly fast and extremely Loud i think...it has Tom Hanks and although it doesn't center around 9/11, they do use the event in the movie and reinstate that false official story.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i wouldn't say its the worst thing i've ever seen but it sure is bad, we get this crap in england all the time ads selling us commemorative coins on princess diana or the falklands war, it's just propaganda aimed at reinforcing the lies they have told us. i still find it hard to believe how so many people blindly believe the official story, and it is all because they are too ignorant to even begin looking into it, which is a sad thing because as soon as you start looking into 9/11 it becomes apparant pretty quickly that the official story and its "facts" are bolony, after seeing the architects and engineers for 9/11 truth: blueprint for truth movie it is kinda hard to argue for the official story.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The worst thing about this is it is legal, and coins that are actually useful are illegal like the Liberty Dollar

Ron Paul dollar issued by Liberty: Image
edit on 30-1-2012 by emaildogs because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by emaildogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If that's the worst thing you've ever seen, you should definitely get out more.......

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Meanwhile, most of those seal team 6 members, who were making all of 2k/month for their service, have died in other raids and neither they, nor their families, will see a damn dime from this crap.

Presuming the member took it, each person in the military has up to a $400,000 life insurance policy (Service Group Life Insurance: SGLI). Not including any privately purchased life insurance policies. There are also other benefits awarded to the families (to include SSI supplemental).

That doesn't even factor in how tightly woven the Special Forces communities are and the different relief programs out there. These families will never have a financial problem in the future so long as they go about things in a smart manner.

So... I'm not really certain why you're raising the issue of whether or not the families will receive money from this particular venture.

I can also tell you that those special forces guys make far more than $2K per month. They are a very active community, these days. While deployed, they get all kinds of additional supplemental pay, and their travel (which they do a #-ton of) is also supplemented. The swelling of the reserve and special forces communities has caused the DoD to completely overhaul travel-claim procedures before they even touched the process of generating, tracking, and endorsing orders (which would have been a far easier task).

Also, figure that the $2K/month is almost completely discretionary income. Housing is supplemented (BAH: Basic Allowance for Housing), food is supplemented (BAS: Basic Allowance for Sustenance), and there are dependency offsets, as well (more kids/dependents); certain areas also receive a Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) - which is common in the coastal regions the Special Forces often live, train, and deploy from.

A smart young man/woman in the military is in a very cushy job and can come out of the military at 38-48 with damn near a million in savings, ready to work a civilian job through to retirement (often a contractor position or other higher-order job that pays six figures or more).

There are people in the military who deserve that kind of pay.... and there are people who don't (but it's difficult to 'fire' them). But I think you need to be a little more aware of just what kind of money people make in the military. There's a reason the stereotype has us at bars all the time - housing and food are taken care of... what else is there to spend our base pay on?

This is the reason why capitalism sucks....unless these idiots donate most, if not all, of their profit (on a coin scam no less...its not like this is a movie/book that provides something of worth and promotes the military), they need to be stoned to death by Arab terrorists.

And, yet - there are people who will want such a thing to commemorate the event. They don't find it to be in bad taste.

This isn't why capitalism sucks. This is why capitalism is a good thing. These people saw a good they could produce and offered it up on the market.

I find Apple to be in horribly bad taste, as well as Sony. I will do everything I can to avoid anything/everything made by those companies.

This is no different. If it's not something I want, then I don't have to buy. It's not my responsibility to look out for how other people spend their money. I don't have to give them any if I don't partake of their good/service.

In this case - you don't like what these people are doing. Then don't buy it.

If you want to have the power/authority to tell this company to not exist... then why could someone else not come along and tell your garage business to not exist (perhaps you weld, create furniture, or whatever)?

It's the free market. People are free to create and offer as they choose.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You are very lucky man if this is the worst thing you've ever seen. World is hell and you are complaining about some coins.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

A smart young man/woman in the military is in a very cushy job and can come out of the military at 38-48 with damn near a million in savings, ready to work a civilian job through to retirement (often a contractor position or other higher-order job that pays six figures or more).

I don't think this is correct. For one, I was in the military, and I'm sorry, but noone in the military gets paid very well. If someone saves $30,000 a year for 30 years they aren't saving near a million dollars and very few if any could save that kind of money. And as for civilian jobs after the military,......good luck. From the people I know, military experience helps very little in finding a job in the "civilian world".
edit on 30-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yeah it's pretty disgusting.

Like you said though, you knew it was coming.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by Aim64C

I don't think this is correct. For one, I was in the military, and I'm sorry, but noone in the military gets paid very well. If someone saves $30,000 a year for 30 years they aren't saving near a million dollars and very few if any could save that kind of money. And as for civilian jobs after the military,......good luck. From the people I know, military experience helps very little in finding a job in the "civilian world".
edit on 30-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

I agree. I just got out of the military so I know a few things about pay and benefits. I can tell you this, they don't pay enough to put up with the crap that they have to deal with. Besides unlike civilian jobs, the military is on duty 24/7. At ANY time they can be called up and sent out on a whim.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

I just saw this ad and was shocked at how blatant the propaganda has become. Now you can own the replica maps and strategy guilds used for the actual operation. gag
you have to be kidding me right? is all I thought. Yeah making a coin to sell to people is much better then then showing us proof he is dead and how isn't this angering the enemy like they said showing the picture would. No no no the enemy will not mind us making money off his death by selling replica maps and strategy guides used in the "actual" lol operation and selling coins to honor his killers but they would lose their minds if they showed us the pictures. Why doesn't the US government tell Disneyland to make a ride called seal team 6 with flaming towers in the background because we would love to pay money to see an animatronic seal team 6 blast a hole in Osama bin laden's head as he protects himself using a woman as a shield.

On a side note i might actually pay to see that for a laugh knowing its a made up story.
edit on 17-2-2012 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I don't think this is correct. For one, I was in the military, and I'm sorry, but noone in the military gets paid very well.

This is subjective. However, I can assure you that, were I active duty, I would be getting better pay as an E-5 than my father made after 30 years of industry experience and managing a factory responsible for well over a few hundred million dollars of manufactured parts each year.

Depending upon where you're at - E-5 translates to "experienced grunt."

If someone saves $30,000 a year for 30 years they aren't saving near a million dollars and very few if any could save that kind of money.

I said smart. You're not putting it in a coffee can in your back yard. You're putting it into an array of investments.

And as for civilian jobs after the military,......good luck. From the people I know, military experience helps very little in finding a job in the "civilian world".

I've always been in the technical and specialized communities. They tend to find their way back into the military by way of contractors or go on to work in their respective fields.

I suppose if you're infantry; military experience might not translate into trade experience quite as directly.

reply to post by DivineFem

I agree. I just got out of the military so I know a few things about pay and benefits.

You left the military when civilian unemployment is above 8%?

I can tell you this, they don't pay enough to put up with the crap that they have to deal with.

Never worked manufacturing, I see.

They pay plenty. A year long deployment to a few of the sand-boxes can net over $100K. All for an experience that's like a more intense version of my years in the boy scouts.

You can't put a dollar value on human life and the risk to it - or the chances you'll see people close to you in a very disturbing state of ... well being. Attempting to determine whether or not you're "paid enough" for that is impossible. Further - the risk applies to any life at all times. Driving down the highway can yield some similarly grotesque scenes and lost loved ones.

The rape is even more prominent if I get to deploy to a squadron. I get to supervise a workshop in the air conditioning and wonder why, in a building full of a dozen E-3s, two dozen E-4s, three dozen E-5s, and several E-6s... contractors are brought in to cut the grass while our shop is being encouraged to practically over-report our man-hours to prevent the shop from being stripped of personnel because of proficient, effective, and timely work.

Besides unlike civilian jobs, the military is on duty 24/7. At ANY time they can be called up and sent out on a whim.

You and I both know the military is "hurry up and wait." I get more work done on my fan-fiction 'novel' while waiting for my response to some dire, end-of-the-world crisis to receive a response than I do at my computer desk.

I've also caught many a pokemon or memorized the aircraft systems publications ("training" to avoid being called away to do something more productive but decidedly less convenient), or the 3M manual for the armory's arsenal... the motivational posters on the wall...

Sure - you may have times where you are balls-to-the-wall working overtime... but the vast majority of times... you're sitting around, twiddling your thumbs. I know how it works.

top topics

join