It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

TextRemember that Bomb in Bali? How many Aussies died? That wasn't aimed at Americans..

That was because of our military support we gave you when you invaded the Middle East.

Kinda the point of the thread. We need to distance ourselves from you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Why not allow Australia to build some Aircraft Carriers? That would balance the power in the Pacific considering Australia is one of the major players (with China).

I don't know my friend, why don't you ask your beloved leaders over there why you don't build any Aircraft carriers?

Answer = Why build them when you know we will spend money and spill our own blood in order to defend you?

So there yuh have it.

You arrogance is enough to see that an invasion is possible.

What?

~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Yes, the japanese had plans to invade Australia, but were only going to do so if New Guinea was a pushover. Due to the Japanese being beaaten in New Guinea by Australian forces (not American) Japan had a rethink.

That was far from the full fire power of The Japanese Empire. Meanwhile, America was defeating their strongest forces, and we eventually defeated them at Midway with less Aircraft carriers and part of our fleet destroyed. What did you guys do, hold a tiny little Island? LOL!!! I can't help but laugh. Do you know how many Islands we took from Japan with our blood? Get over yourself. A simple thank you is all we ask for saving you from Invasion and being conquered. Course, you're too stubburn for that.

Just so you know, I respect you Aussies though. You guys are strong willed, and a very determined people. It would be no walk in the park had the Japanese attempted to Conquer you. It would have taken many years because of the vastness of your Continent, And the survival skills, will and courage of your fighters. So don't misunderstand me here.

Also, Just so you know, My Grandfather fought in the Pacific. So I get a little touchy when credit is not given where credit is due. ~SheopleNation

Most of the fleet was actually that of Australia's and New Zealand's, that we lent to the US during WW2. Don't get me wrong, America played a huge part in the Pacific, but i also think credit is due to the Australians, as general douglas macarthur was notorious for marginalising, and at times completely silencing the Australian Forces and their involvement in the Pacific. Australia has given the US more than a mere thankyou, we have been your greatest ally for 70 years. You should get over yourself mate.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Why not allow Australia to build some Aircraft Carriers? That would balance the power in the Pacific considering Australia is one of the major players (with China).

I don't know my friend, why don't you ask your beloved leaders over there why you don't build any Aircraft carriers?

Answer = Why build them when you know we will spend money and spill our own blood in order to defend you?

So there yuh have it.

You arrogance is enough to see that an invasion is possible.

What?

~SheopleNation

That's the thing, Australia has been restricted from doing our own things because of the USA and Britain.

Most, if not all Americans share a sense of arrogance and pride in the "invincibility" of their forces. Eventually, that will lead to under-estimating the Chinese forces, which is what ever American has done on this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Most of the fleet was actually that of Australia's and New Zealand's, that we lent to the US during WW2. Don't get me wrong, America played a huge part in the Pacific

Oh, well my dead Grandfather thanks you so much for that credit. Are you drunk? If not for our Aircraft Carriers and troops, Japan would have Conquered you and everyone else in the Pacific. Have you completely lost your mind? Did you bump your head getting out of bed today?

Australia has given the US more than a mere thankyou, we have been your greatest ally for 70 years. You should get over yourself mate.

You just don't get it do yuh misled Lad? Listen to me, and listen to me good. Our greatest Ally has been Britain, and that's a fact jack. You see, you got it all backwards. We (The USA) have been YOUR greatest ally for the last 70 years, and actually alot longer than that if you study the history. Keep swimming if you like, but you're at a loss my friend, and I am here to make you reconsider your position.
~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

As I have said...I have been to Australia and see Ausies very much the same way I view Americans. Australia has mineral wealth and plenty of food sourse from the sea as well as Animal stock...as long as the current population stays the same.

Grain and Fruit and Vegetable growth is dependent on Drought however. Plus without U.S. Military protection...Aussies could very well find themselves being a Chinese province. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
national debts happens when u look past the solutions-_- and say idk why wre in debt even though we have wars going on and our world wide. but idk why where in debt -_- idiots

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Most of the fleet was actually that of Australia's and New Zealand's, that we lent to the US during WW2. Don't get me wrong, America played a huge part in the Pacific

Oh, well my dead Grandfather thanks you so much for that credit. Are you drunk? If not for our Aircraft Carriers and troops, Japan would have Conquered you and everyone else in the Pacific. Have you completely lost your mind? Did you bump your head getting out of bed today?

Australia has given the US more than a mere thankyou, we have been your greatest ally for 70 years. You should get over yourself mate.

You just don't get it do yuh misled Lad? Listen to me, and listen to me good. Our greatest Ally has been Britain, and that's a fact jack. You see, you got it all backwards. We (The USA) have been YOUR greatest ally for the last 70 years, and actually alot longer than that if you study the history. Keep swimming if you like, but you're at a loss my friend, and I am here to make you reconsider your position.
~SheopleNation

You stated yourself that you defeated the Japanese (particularly at Midway) without the overall help from the Aircraft Carriers:

"Meanwhile, America was defeating their strongest forces, and we eventually defeated them at Midway with less Aircraft carriers and part of our fleet destroyed."

So, what took the place of the Aircraft Carriers? That's right, Australian and New Zealand ships mate.

Where was Britain for your country in Vietnam huh, tell me that. The fact is, Australia is, and will remain one of the most important allies for your country.

ETA: It is also fact that Japan decided not to invade Australia due to the defeat on New Guinea, if you bother researching other hisory other than your own. The fact is, they thought New Guinea was going to be easy to take, they were defeated by Aussie forces, then they reconsidered their tactics and decided that Australia was not going to be easy to invade.
edit on 30-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

TextPlus without U.S. Military protection...Aussies could very well find themselves being a Chinese province.

Its possible.But China has never threatened us. And I think the Japanese could have defeated or tiny Navy but I dont think they could have beat us and taken the country in WW2 even without your help.

I think Australia can and should stand alone.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You stated yourself that you defeated the Japanese (particularly at Midway) without the overall help from the Aircraft Carriers:

Wrong. I said that we defeated the Japanese with LESS Aircraft carriers. That means that we defeated the Japanese with fewer Aircraft carriers than the Japanese had. Look it up, it's all there buddy.

"Meanwhile, America was defeating their strongest forces, and we eventually defeated them at Midway with less Aircraft carriers and part of our fleet destroyed."

So, what took the place of the Aircraft Carriers? That's right, Australian and New Zealand ships mate.

LMAO!!!!

Listen Mate, I love yuh, but please can we stick to reality here?

Where was Britain for your country in Vietnam huh, tell me that. The fact is, Australia is, and will remain one of the most important allies for your country.

We were cleaning up the mess that France started. There was no need to ask the British to travel so far for a war that was unjust to begin with. But yes, Austrailia is, and will remain one of the most important allies of America. Atleast we agree on that mate.

ETA: It is also fact that Japan decided not to invade Australia due to the defeat on New Guinea,

Wrong brother! The Japanese Navy's defeat at Midway is the only thing that prevented an attempted future invasion of your Continent. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh look another America hate thread...but anyways. Stop overestimating China. Its not the powerhouse everyone expects it to be. It relies on its exports to the USA, as much as we rely on it. The only reason its even in its economic shape today is because it has such a huge population, and pays its workers like 20 cents an hour. A minimum wage job in America pays 35 times more. Our military is light years ahead also. Their army only has defensive capabilities, with 200 million soldiers. How are you gonna transport that many soldiers? Their tech isnt even comparable to ours as well. And just to state this, Australia is not our biggest, or most important, ally. Id say Britain is, but in the Pacific area, definitely Taiwan or Japan.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

I don't blame you for feeling that way, and I respect you for feeling that way. However back then, You guys would have eventually been conquered by The Japanese Empire. Would have taken years, but their military machine would have dominated you. To think anything different is foolish and historically untrue.

Today however, Australia is a much more powerful Nation than it was back then. I am glad to have the Aussies as our allies. Even if they trust sneaky red china, no worries because we will still support you after you wake up from your misled assumptions. Know why? Because that's what we do. We forgive, and we forget. Wake yourself up and realize that you will never, NEVER get such kindness from Red China.
~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

TextThe rapid Allied defeat in the Pacific caused many Australians to fear that the Japanese would invade the Australian mainland. While elements of the Imperial Japanese Navy proposed this in early 1942, it was judged to be impossible by the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters, which instead adopted a strategy of isolating Australia from the United States by capturing New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Fiji, Samoa, and New Caledonia

The operative word there is "impossible".

The Japanese knew they could not invade and defeat Australia.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I don't blame you for feeling that way, and I respect you for feeling that way. However back then, You guys would have eventually been conquered by The Japanese Empire. Would have taken years, but their military machine would have dominated you. To think anything different is foolish and historically untrue.

Today however, Australia is a much more powerful Nation than it was back then. I am glad to have the Aussies as our allies. Even if they trust sneaky red china, no worries because we will still support you after you wake up from your misled assumptions. Know why? Because that's what we do. We forgive, and we forget. Wake yourself up and realize that you will never, NEVER get such kindness from Red China.
~SheopleNation

Like the Japanese Imperial Headquaters said - "impossible"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Like the Japanese Imperial Headquaters said - "impossible"
en.wikipedia.org...

That's a large page.

How about you quote whatever your point is, then I can follow the link and we can then discuss exactly what your point was?

I Gotta warn you though, I was waiting for this. There were plans for a Japanese invasion of Australia, Plain and simple. When and if you make your point, I will retort with a historical accurate response.
SheopleNation
edit on 30-1-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The onliy way this will be an Asian century is if we ALLOW it to be an Asian century.... That being said people like Obama are doing everything they can to make sure the power of the US does sunset and that it will be an Asian century.

It is not force of arms or economy that makes a nation great but it's people and the works they do. Something Obama and the like will never understand.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I tell you what. When Aussies are in trouble, I'll sit back from my Aircraft Carrier and drink the last few Foster's there are and watch the smoke rise. That a good plan for you? Or just maybe we won't share intelligence that your government has been infiltrated, after all historically Australia was a penal colony. I am sure more Aussies don't feel the way you do.

29INFDIV

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You Aussies are free to choose who you think your friends are, it's your right. However, know this, America would aid you whenever and with whatever should you ever need it. It's not even because it would be in our best self interest, it's that we would do what's right. We actually like you. We share common traits with each other that we are like cousins. If you think the Chinese feel the same way about you, then have at it and good luck. I don't think the Chinese see you as equals, we pretty much do. There are few places around the globe where Americans would rather be than in America, I think Australia and New Zealand are two of those places.

But hey, none of that matters much now......does it?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
Oh look another America hate thread...but anyways. Stop overestimating China. Its not the powerhouse everyone expects it to be. It relies on its exports to the USA, as much as we rely on it. The only reason its even in its economic shape today is because it has such a huge population, and pays its workers like 20 cents an hour. A minimum wage job in America pays 35 times more. Our military is light years ahead also. Their army only has defensive capabilities, with 200 million soldiers. How are you gonna transport that many soldiers? Their tech isnt even comparable to ours as well. And just to state this, Australia is not our biggest, or most important, ally. Id say Britain is, but in the Pacific area, definitely Taiwan or Japan.

You are the Lakers and China is the Spurs 03. Im not overestimating China. I think you underestimate China. And you underestimate China's bench.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Also did no one else find it strange that Obama visits Australia and just a week or two later Gillard comes out saying we will now start selling uranium to India.
As we all know, USA and India have close ties. So this is just another example of our gutless politicians worshipping the Americans.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join