It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
Why should we risk our prosperity and the lives of our people for a bankrupt and desperate failure of a nation like the United States?

edit on 30-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

Oh dear, you are projecting your insecurities a little bit I think. This is fairly common for some Canadians, British, and Australians to do. Their countries are getting fatter because of the U.S. they get drawn into conflicts because of the U.S., their country's economy is in trouble because of the United States..

This is ridiculous and childish. Grow up accept the facts.. you do not have any more control over your politicians than we do. If you want to do something about it demand new leadership of your country.. otherwise get your own crippling insecurities in check so you can discuss things with emotional maturity.

Kettle meet pot.
edit on 1/30/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Please explain these benefits. How is it our little countries - as you call them - are growing fat off the USA?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Drezden

Please explain these benefits. How is it our little countries - as you call them - are growing fat off the USA?

I never called them little countries for one.. and secondly I didn't say they were growing fat OFF the USA.. I said they blame the U.S. for their rising obesity rates.. our imported fast food..etc.. etc..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Yes, you did and you edited your post.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by theubermensch

America didn't go bankrupt! They are still one of the richest Countries in the World.

Have you seen their national debt? Are you crazy?

I looked for some information to post here but I could not find it on google. Google is excluding information that they previously listed. When I find the global analysis, I will post it up. You may find the included link interesting.

The US Dept of Commerce BEA

U.S. Economy at a Glance: Perspective from the BEA Accounts
BEA produces some of the most closely watched economic statistics that influence decisions of government officials, business people, and individuals. These statistics provide a comprehensive, up-to-date picture of the U.S. economy. The data on this page are drawn from featured BEA economic accounts.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Drezden

Yes, you did and you edited your post.

I edited my post to change "countries" to "country's" and added a "some" before Canadians, British, Australians so that I wouldn't be generalizing millions of people. You misread my post, I assure you I never described those countries as "little".. Canada is bigger than the U.S. and Australia is huge.

Regardless this is a large and unnecessary detour from the point. I'm tried of some* Canadians, British, and Australians bashing the U.S. as the cause of all their problems. We are all in this together. Americans are fond of those countries but some* of your people feel quite the opposite.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

If you were sttempting a list of countries the USA has and is trying to wreck, you missed quite a few.

Basically, it's time in the sun is waning. I actually quite like the USA in that it's very beautiful and has some lovely people. But what these people have to realise is that it has absolutely no business behaving as it does. Not to mention dragging other countries into it's nasty little illegitimate sojourns.

The USA needs to learn humility.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Sorry to burst your bubble my friend, but Australia's leadership is ruled by the same international banksters as our Politicians here in the U.S are. That's what you guys just don't get. If we are ever gone, The Chinese will swallow up your Continent like a bowl of rice in order to rape your natural resources. You may not like that fact, but it doesn't change it. Luckily wiser minds prevail over there. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

if australia got invaded you better belive your government and the USA would be dumping firearms into your country faster then anything we like you australians(you keep the kiwis from taking over the world) and have pretty simaler cultures so if you guys go to war with china you wont be doing it alone and you wont be unarmed for long

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I find it amusing that you assume I live in some uneducated bubble.

I am well aware that this is a sick game that is played behind closed doors but that does not change the battle on the ground. People still have control if they wish to and all they have to do is actually stand up as one and declare that what they are seeing is not good enough.

I am in no way defending Australia in such a case - very recently our evil bitch of a Prime Minister passed the carbon tax legislation and so far not one of us has had the guts to shoot her for it.

In your case you all have to hold your politians accountable for being more interested in what corporations want rather than the people.

On the topic of this thread, everyone needs a bit of protection. Even the mighty USA may do should there ever be an attempt at war and/or invasion on it's own soil.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

America didn't go bankrupt! They are still one of the richest Countries in the World.

Have you seen their national debt? Are you crazy?

I looked for some information to post here but I could not find it on google. Google is excluding information that they previously listed. When I find the global analysis, I will post it up. You may find the included link interesting.

The US Dept of Commerce BEA

U.S. Economy at a Glance: Perspective from the BEA Accounts
BEA produces some of the most closely watched economic statistics that influence decisions of government officials, business people, and individuals. These statistics provide a comprehensive, up-to-date picture of the U.S. economy. The data on this page are drawn from featured BEA economic accounts.

Hey thanks. Its not like I want you guys to collapse. Your bonds are still seen as safe. The US still has alot of natural resources that could create jobs. I dont think its all doom and gloom. Im just saying its gloomier than it has been for the US.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

funny as an american i can rember us saying the same thing about the vietnamese and the afganis but still they fight on as at the very least a nusance level of damamge to us and causing great loss in life let alone what the vietnamese did to us dont sell milita short they have stoped the russians the chinese and the americans many man times to underestimate your enemy how ever weak is foolish

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
so you want to ally with china ?

good luck with that

lol

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so you want to ally with china ?

good luck with that

lol

I just dont see why we have to choose. I hope we all stay friends. Maybe I have too much faith in the Chinese government but I dont think the Chinese population would sit back and allow them to attack us. I like the Chinese. Alot live hear.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Drezden

If you were sttempting a list of countries the USA has and is trying to wreck, you missed quite a few.

Basically, it's time in the sun is waning. I actually quite like the USA in that it's very beautiful and has some lovely people. But what these people have to realise is that it has absolutely no business behaving as it does. Not to mention dragging other countries into it's nasty little illegitimate sojourns.

The USA needs to learn humility.

Your assumptions are wild. If you ever encountered my posts before you would know that I am no Fox news republican. The U.S. government is rotten to the core. If you think the U.S. citizens vote on, or even know how many troops the U.S. has in Australia or even which countries the U.S. has military bases in, then you are giving too much credit to people who have been manipulated into ignorance.

I'm opposed to people in other country's putting the blame solely on the U.S. the UK sent troops to Iraq and Afghanistan.. ... so let's blame the U.S. as long as people blame the U.S. for everything they will never fix their own countries.. projecting insecurities maintains the status quo.

Supposedly the French and the British pushed everyone into Libya.. I'm not going to sit here and blame that on the UK government, I know better.. none of us have control over our government's actions, just the illusion.. and if we are going to bicker in a petty way with malicious petty insults and blame each other and talk trash that just distracts from standing up to the corrupt politicians in our own countries.
edit on 1/30/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Text(you keep the kiwis from taking over the world)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I agree with you. But while my thoughts are my own, they are not assumptions and certainly are not 'wild' or hastily made.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I realize that aligning yourself with any nation may have consequences, but considering that the U.S. has fought more wars to actually FREE people from oppression, rather than conquer, including a country (which is now a strong ally of the U.S. for GOOD reason) that would have inevitably invaded Australia, namely Japan, I find your post odd. I assume you would rather be under the yoke of a Communist state, such as the Eastern European nations were, very reluctantly I might add, rather than free? Has the U.S. ever interfered with your freedoms? Does China allow its own citizens free access to media, world-wide communication, travel and voting for their political leaders? Wow. I have to wonder if you are Chinese and trying to convince Australians of your Wise Course of Action recommendation. The U.S. might have suffered economic problems as of late, and there may be an ego problem here at times, but if you prefer aligning with China because you are worried about being bombed rather than enslaved or coerced, be my guest. Only let my cousins down there escape before the fences go up! They are the offspring of my uncle, who fought in WW 2 and loved Australia enough to move there and have a great new life adventure rather than go back to New York. He fought to help keep Australia free and raise a family there. I wonder how they would fare under Chinese... Influence?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I love the posts of cowards. We need change and jumping sides doesn't fix anything. Weak minds like the OP destroy this world.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
China is also the country with the most spys here according to a report from ASIO. I definitely agree on some terms, Australia is playing a dangerous game, selling uranium to India, while ignoring Pakistan's request for uranium. Conducting live fire drills with China and the USA. I don't fancy the USA having bases on Australian soil, but it's not as easy as saying get #ed mate, they have been our ally for close to 70 years. However, Australia as a nation should definitely be pursuing closer ties with China.

I wish it was that easy. I think alliances are something that should become a thing of the past but I know what you mean. America is our friend. I just think they are like the friend that used to be cool but they got all fat and lame and boring.Then they became alcholics and drug addicts and started gambling and became criminals..Then they went broke then bankrupt and now they are just needy and annoying. We should have an intervention or something

I'm an American and I find your description of America hilarious.

So you want to get in bed with the Chinese. lol Be careful what you wish for.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join