It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If anyone is wondering the source of the claims i made a couple of posts back here it is. It's in there some where, a very helpful site.

www.ozatwar.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Brisbane Line

"The concept of the Brisbane Line were reportedly devised by Lieutenant General Sir Iven Giffard Mackay, General Officer Commanding in Charge, Home Forces of Australia from 1941 to 1942. In a letter to the Leader of the Opposition, Mr Fadden in May 1943, Prime Minister John Curtin advised that after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Lieutenant General Iven Mackay, who had been appointed by the Menzies government, submitted a defence plan to the present Minister for the Army, Mr Forde, which related to the defence of Australia. This plan concentrated on the defence of the vital parts of Australia, involving holding what is known as the "Brisbane Line". The Government rejected the submission and took steps to defend the whole of Australia. Included in these steps were the recall of Sir Thomas Blamey from overseas to take the post of Commander-in-Chief in Australia and the recall of A.I.F. Divisions abroad, the appointment of General Douglas MacArthur as Commander-in-Chief of the Southwest Pacific Area and representations for the despatch of naval, land, and air forces to the SWPA, together with aircraft and other supplies for the equipment and expansions of the Australian forces"

www.ozatwar.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
I saw our Defence Minister Stephen Smith's press conference on Sky News today. It seemed to be about nothing. He was talking about a review of our Military's ability to "meet emerging strategic challenges". Seems they are getting the taxpayer ready to increase our military budget.

I think this has alot to do with the fact that Obama was here recently telling us how lucky we are that he will be sending US marines to our soil in record numbers and we are strengthening our military ties. So we are obviously defending against the threat of China.

China is the reason we got through the 'global financial crisis' unscathed. China is the reason for our resources boom. China is Australia's future. Why should we risk our prosperity and the lives of our people for a bankrupt and desperate failure of a nation like the United States?

We are only a target because of America. We should be strengthening our military ties with China. It makes sense. We are the two powers in this region. Australia, China beats South Korea and Japan every time. Asia/Austalasia would be sewn up in the event of world war. Australia tips the scale bigtime. So why are we going to waste a massive amount of taxpayer dollars helping the bankrupt United States?? Its insane.

Instead of Marines we should offer China some land in Darwin for a military base and make sure they know that we are their friend and neighbour.Chinese immigrants are a large part of our population,the Chinese use our universities, they support our tourism industry,they invest here, thet create jobs here through mining, drilling, tourism,,,,, What the heck does the United States do for us? They make us a target. Not much else. We have no problem with them but they should keep their marines.

edit on 30-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

No. They're stealing our Resoucres from us and taking them back to their Country. They're stealing Jobs from Australians. They can get a job at their own Country.

I'd rather defend Americans that try to kill everyone rather than defend the chinese.
( It's the way I'm brought up sorry, no offence or disrespect is meant )
edit on 30-1-2012 by Indenu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is just food for thought here. . . . .

But since China already owns the US, isn't it already like China being there anyway?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The Brisbane Line

"The concept of the Brisbane Line were reportedly devised by Lieutenant General Sir Iven Giffard Mackay, General Officer Commanding in Charge, Home Forces of Australia from 1941 to 1942. In a letter to the Leader of the Opposition, Mr Fadden in May 1943, Prime Minister John Curtin advised that after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Lieutenant General Iven Mackay, who had been appointed by the Menzies government, submitted a defence plan to the present Minister for the Army, Mr Forde, which related to the defence of Australia. This plan concentrated on the defence of the vital parts of Australia, involving holding what is known as the "Brisbane Line". The Government rejected the submission and took steps to defend the whole of Australia. Included in these steps were the recall of Sir Thomas Blamey from overseas to take the post of Commander-in-Chief in Australia and the recall of A.I.F. Divisions abroad, the appointment of General Douglas MacArthur as Commander-in-Chief of the Southwest Pacific Area and representations for the despatch of naval, land, and air forces to the SWPA, together with aircraft and other supplies for the equipment and expansions of the Australian forces"

www.ozatwar.com...

We have such a massive area to defend. Its impossible to defend the whole continent really. I see no real sense in over extending ourselves. I would say let them come. Use the top half of the continent as a battle ground. Chose our battle field. Id like to see China try to invade us. They could blow the crap out us but no Australian sit back and allow an invasion. We would be tougher than Afghanistan to occupy. Tougher than Korea. Tougher than Vietnam. I think there is sense in a Brisbane line.We are already concentrated..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

But since China already owns the US, isn't it already like China being there anyway?

Well...........

Lets put it into perspective.

What is Australia worried about?

The June media release by the Defence Minister avoids naming China as a threat, as well. Instead, it uses neutral language to discuss the issues covered by the review. Those issues include:

the rise of the Asia-Pacific as a region of global strategic significance the rise of the Indian Ocean rim as a region of global strategic significance the growth of military power projection capabilities of countries in the Asia-Pacific the growing need for the provision of humanitarian assistance and disaster relief following extreme events in the Asia-Pacific region energy security and security issues associated with expanding offshore resource exploitation in our North West and Northern approaches.

Is China on the Prowl for Australia’s Natural Resources?

I think China is already there.............

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I keep waiting for them to cut there loses and foreclose. I think China will mess up too,their economy I mean and they will need the money. That would be bad.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

We have such a massive area to defend. Its impossible to defend the whole continent really. I see no real sense in over extending ourselves. I would say let them come. Use the top half of the continent as a battle ground. Chose our battle field. Id like to see China try to invade us. They could blow the crap out us but no Australian sit back and allow an invasion. We would be tougher than Afghanistan to occupy. Tougher than Korea. Tougher than Vietnam. I think there is sense in a Brisbane line.We are already concentrated..

I agree somewhat, it would be our advantage, as it is our homeland and our soldiers were mostly trained in our theatre, whereas the rest of Asia is nothing like Australia, the Japanese would have had some trouble, The only downside i could see in the Brisbane line tactic was that it would allow the Japanese to get a foothold and establish bases in Australia. Most definitely, China does have the forces to take Australia, but as you stated no Australia would sit back and let it happen, not at all. We would fight to the end.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

, but as you stated no Australia would sit back and let it happen, not at all. We would fight to the end.

LoL .. what the heck are people going to do mate , throw rocks ?

No weapons , No training , 90% of the population would either run or surrender .Any one who did stand and fight would be over run.

Too funny .

edit on 30-1-2012 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

Well, hey, i would fight, regardless of training. Anything is better than nothing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

, but as you stated no Australia would sit back and let it happen, not at all. We would fight to the end.

LoL .. what the heck are people going to do mate , throw rocks ?

No weapons , No training , 90% of the population would either run or surrender .Any one who did stand and fight would be over run.

Too funny .

edit on 30-1-2012 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

I live in central western NSW. Kids know how to shoot guns out here. I would like to see the current Australian Military to try to Occupy here. There would be malitia everywhere. You are a defeatist. And are you Australian? You would just bow down to the Chinese? You insult Australians by suggesting we would just submit. No little Chinese bastards are gonna Occupy Australia.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I live in central western NSW. Kids know how to shoot guns out here. I would like to see the current Australian Military to try to Occupy here. There would be malitia everywhere. You are a defeatist. And are you Australian? You would just bow down to the Chinese? You insult Australians by suggesting we would just submit. No little Chinese bastards are gonna Occupy Australia.

. Kids with what weapons ? what ammo supply ? what communications ? what support ?

Militia ? what a #### joke . Do you really expect me to believe that you'll last more 2 seconds against an armed , trained and supported Professional Soldier ? If you saw 20 of these guys comming down the road you'd #.

Might be better if ya dropped the keyboard warrior talk mate , I keep spilling beer and dropping popcorn.

Sweet dreams kid.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well, hey, i would fight, regardless of training. Anything is better than nothing.

Fired an Austeyr before ? know how to reload both rifle and mags ? got any weapon of your own at all ? ( guess not , because the government took most of those ) Martial Arts training ? Have you done any shooting at all ?

Anything mate , please give me something .

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Fired an Austeyr before ? know how to reload both rifle and mags ? got any weapon of your own at all ? ( guess not , because the government took most of those ) Martial Arts training ? Have you done any shooting at all ?

Anything mate , please give me something .

Haha, no mate, havn't fired an Austeyr. I guess i can use any makeshift item. I do have martial arts training. A couple of years in Muay Thai. Like i said anything is better than nothing. I know that if worse came to worse i would most likely die, but i don't care, it;s better than living as a prisoner to the Chinese i would presume

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

. Kids with what weapons ? what ammo supply ? what communications ? what support ?

Militia ? what a #### joke . Do you really expect me to believe that you'll last more 2 seconds against an armed , trained and supported Professional Soldier ? If you saw 20 of these guys comming down the road you'd #.

Might be better if ya dropped the keyboard warrior talk mate , I keep spilling beer and dropping popcorn.

Sweet dreams kid.

Does sweet dreams mean you are done or are you patronising me like how you call me a kid? Like Im asleep or something?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Sweet dreams kid.

I guess some would submit but if I only had a rock I would throw it. I would think you would not need conscription if an enemy invaded. We would be utilized by the military. Every able body.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yep it is. But dont let the Americans know that the chinese owns them , as they wont believe you.

And since were talking about food,,,,,,,I would rather eat chinese food then eat that American crap like Mcdonalds, Kfc, hungry jacks, ect, ect.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Haha, no mate, havn't fired an Austeyr. I guess i can use any makeshift item. I do have martial arts training. A couple of years in Muay Thai. Like i said anything is better than nothing. I know that if worse came to worse i would most likely die, but i don't care, it;s better than living as a prisoner to the Chinese i would presume

Ya get a star for honesty.

Bvegas based , so if ya close and TSHTF , we'll die together . It won't come to that though unless some letters guys (CIAASIO) get us into trouble. China would rather buy than fight . Americans won't be in any position to help us out .

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
China will always need to be kept at arms length in any deal due to the fact they are notorious thieves and liars, plus they are communist. They can never be trusted, but if Australia wants to be absorbed by the chinese, i suppose that will work great for them, because they forgot their heritage so easily and the old ways befits them

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Ya get a star for honesty.

Bvegas based , so if ya close and TSHTF , we'll die together . It won't come to that though unless some letters guys (CIAASIO) get us into trouble. China would rather buy than fight . Americans won't be in any position to help us out .

Yeah mate SE QLD based too. Yeah, China is pretty smart when it comes to these types of situations. I agree that America would be in no shape to help, they'll be dealing with their own #.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join