It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Wow you used Canadians in the same sentence as best trained, sorry nucks I frankly don't see it. And what you are thinking about "training" wise is a troop exchange program. Your folks come here buddy. I'm not here to use a measuring stick, or in essence a pissing contest. What is even more interesting I never received instruction on how the "Aussies" do it. Further more I don't see where you guy's ever train us?? Maybe the proper way to file a report, or be a better supply clerk, toss a boomerang (looks cool though.) Australia does not train the American war fighter. I think you need to learn what CONUS means, because that's where we train.

29INFDIV

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Perhaps Australia should train your troops and they may stop pissing on corpses and sexually torturing prisoners.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Perhaps Australia should train your troops and they may stop pissing on corpses and sexually torturing prisoners.

Burn!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

To set the record straight, I would piss on the corpse of someone shooting at me. Sure it is ok for those same people to cut off people's heads because they are American, plant IED's and kill even their own people. They do not even register an ounce of respect for the Geneva Conventions from me, or from soldiers under me. You reap what you sow. No respect for us, no respect from us.

29INFDIV

Now pick that apart.

Going to Fort Meade (NSA) tomorrow to demand my boomerang training.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

If you behave as those pigs behave does that not make you one of them?

edit on 1-2-2012 by Garfee because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

To say that I would, and doing so is two different things. Since that happened, it has gone around to different commands, and orders are orders. Don't do it. I took an oath to obey the orders. It is a lawful order, so there is no way around it. Is it still going on, quite possibly. It is different to fight a standing army, as you excise a great amount of respect for your adversary. To be a cold as the jihadist, that's just sometimes the way it's gotta be. At times you have to let something slip to fuel your enemy, not saying there is a conspiracy. Just sometimes there are ways to fuel the fire, draw the one's that are hiding; out in the open. I chose not to be crass and sarcastic as I felt, a more serious note was appropriate. Given the opportunity with out violating orders, I would do it. We are also bound to report atrocities, I do not believe this applies. As they said it "Rest In Pee."

29INFDIV

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Don't mistake my point of view, it's not as though I disagree with you. Members of the armed forces are human beings and therefore as vulnerable to their weaknesses as anyone else so can't really be held to a higher standard.

I ought not to have deviated from the topic, apologies!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

F-22 Raptor didn't pop into your mind before the mig? Interesting, yet telling all at once.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KillShotMi

Not mentioned because I'm not suffering from hypoxia.

Australia has F35s on order but given the set backs in the programme we may not see them for some time .. Read Here .. A better choice would have been a Mikoyan or Sukhoi air frame and imho better suited to Australian needs.

Would like to see the Sukhoi T-50 (if successful) and Yakovlev 130s in OZ skies in the future.

edit on 1-2-2012 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV
reply to post by petrus4

Why don't we just close the door on Australia. You can't come here, we can't go there. You can't have our goods, we can't have yours (Not that we get much at all from you.) For god's sake close up every Outback Steakhouse.

I understand that this is intended as a sarcastic rhetorical statement, but given the direction that America as a country is currently going in, a lot of us genuinely wouldn't mind that.

In fact, that was essentially this thread's entire point. If America as a country wants to become the Third World, fascist outpost of the infernal regions (complete with FEMA camps straight from Auschwitz, etc) that you are headed towards becoming, then by all means, knock yourselves out.

Just don't take Australia down with you. You are one sinking ship that some of us want to get off.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I do believe we need to sever economic and military ties with the US, asap. Australia is part of Australasia, we need ties with our neighbors, we can form ties with China which will benefit all involved, even the US eventually. It can bring China to the table in trade talks, forcing (if you will) certain improvements within China's human rights regarding workers and the like. Australia is already trading with China (ie: Gas deal). I can see industry here kicking up a huge stink over potential loss of business overseas (Especially given Holden's position at this time), however it is the smartest move. Our dollar goes further overseas and nothing will change that fact.
Ties with China = better position to trade with Russia as well. Maybe then our jets will be equal to or better than Indonesia's.. *shudder*

America will not like it, however I do not like the fact they are using and abusing Australia for our resources and "eyes" in the southern hemisphere. Do you remember when the US gov attempted to force Australia to dismantle its OTH radar? (We can track a belt buckle in the Sumatran jungle, it is accurate and can see US stealth bombers, they do not like it.) They do not need to bully us to get us to co-operate, have they ever just asked?

America, stop being the bully in the playground. We have had enough of you and your demands. Get the hell out of Australia and take your bases with you! Either treat us like EQUALS or shove it.
Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Also I would like all the military hardware back not to mention reimbursement for that fine training we gave you.

Um, did i just hear what i thought you said? Training
You do know right that Australian troops are among the best trained in the world, right next to the Canadians. In fact, your country sends thousands of troops down here each year for training from teh Australian Defence Force.

So in effect we train you. Our Defence Force teaches your military effective techniques that they are too stupid to think up themselves.

I have been to Australia multiple times and you are right that Aussie Troops are well trained. So are Canadians but when you say Canadians you are really refering to North Americans as Canada and the U.S. are ONE MILITARY UNIT...they are NOT SEPERATE!

When Russia puts out their Military threat assesment...it does not list the U.S. and Canada SEPERATE but rather it lists it as NORTH AMERICAN OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT.

The whole concept or idea that Australia would be STUPID enough to break off military ties with the United States is laughable! I am quite sure if you took a vote....Australians would OVERWEALMINGLY vote to keep the alliance. I have friends in Australia and one of the toughest people on the planet...threw me out of their bar. Now it takes ALOT for me to get drunk as i work out and muscle absorbs and burn alchohol at a rate alost 10 times that of a person with alot of fat. These really nice guys wanted to see if they could out drink the AMERICAN BLOKE and we were drinking heavy....I WON!....but I pissed of this one person who despite my much larger size....KICKED MY BUT....and threw me in the street. Then SHE SAID....NEVER DISRESPECT MY RUGBY TEAM! I must have been mouthing off about the difference between Rugby and American Football. So I said...."If your going to kick my ASS....can you wear BLACK LEATHER NEXT TIME? And maybe we could have dinner first?"

She started laughing...helped me up...and we are STILL friends! She is SWEET!.....but TOUGH! Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The cooperation with our 51st state has been just stellar dating back to en.wikipedia.org...

Not sure what happen here though en.wikipedia.org...

Regarding Australia www.ft.com...
Edit addition: There is an error message with the link I posted so you can either type in "US and Australia tighten military ties" in the search engine (it's a ft.com :Asia-Pacific publication) or you can cut and past this together if you like. h t t p : // www . ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/11a19e2a-dee6-11e0-9130-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1lIPyp9Ii

There were issues that needed to be solved www.defenseindustrydaily.com... Things just are more streamlined now. I really don't think there is any weird conspiracies happening here.

edit on 3-2-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: of a bad link

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

The cooperation with our 51st state has been just stellar dating back to en.wikipedia.org...

Edit addition: There is an error message with the link I posted so you can either type in "US and Australia tighten military ties" in the search engine (it's a ft.com :Asia-Pacific publication) or you can cut and past this together if you like. h t t p : // www . ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/11a19e2a-dee6-11e0-9130-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1lIPyp9Ii

There were issues that needed to be solved www.defenseindustrydaily.com... Things just are more streamlined now. I really don't think there is any weird conspiracies happening here.

LI'L DUDE! Do you know why the U.S. is currently courting the Ausssies so heavy right now? I will give you a hint....the U.S. has a land based version of this particular weapon in both Alaska and Canada....one in Australia would be a very good place to put one! Can you tell me what I am talking about? Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillShotMi
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

F-22 Raptor didn't pop into your mind before the mig? Interesting, yet telling all at once.

Congress has forbidden any and all sales of the F-22...but we will sell alot of F-35's Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I agree with the OP 100%. I don't know if this generation thinks America is cool but when I was young the whole world though of the US as a joke. We just didn't say it to their face. China will be the world super power very soon we are in close range to each other, China boosted our economy massively and sadly China has more human rights than the US except the US use a lot more propaganda. US citizens can be assassinated without due process, abducted and locked away for 20 yrs without charge if the military think its in the best interest of the US. The won't ad hear to Genevieve convention, practice torture kill innocent civilians demand American corporations access to other countries or threaten sanctions. Look at Cuba vs. China hmm.. Look at how protests are being shut down regardless off validity. They have a 10 trillion dollar a year black budget that is mostly supplied with money from illegal operations (eg drugs). You can not film in public if the police are around as they will shut you down and arrest you. You phone (all smartphone's) can have ALL the data dumped in 2 min onto a portable device without any pass code needed thanks to the police's new tech and they do this without your permission or knowledge.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

As international anger grows over reports of mass carnage at the hands of the Syrian regime, a U.N. Security Council draft resolution condemning Syria failed to be adopted Saturday after veto-wielding members Russia and China voted against it.

hey, how is the alliance going ? are you excited yet ?
edit on 4-2-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

history lesson time ?

you really wanna go there ?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

LI'L DUDE! Do you know why the U.S. is currently courting the Ausssies so heavy right now? I will give you a hint....the U.S. has a land based version of this particular weapon in both Alaska and Canada....one in Australia would be a very good place to put one! Can you tell me what I am talking about? Split Infinity

Land based nukes? This being a counter to the China threat you have been posting back and forth about with another poster on the last page.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Australia isn't the only country that relies on China. The United States obviously is extremely dependent on them too for economic and industrial means. China basically owns the US because of how much debt we owe to them. Things seem to be taking a turn for the worst though with the pressure being built up on Iran, and now how Russia and China almost seem to be working together in the Syrian crisis by vetoing any diplomatic resolution being put on the table in the U.N. security council. In the meantime though I don't see the US launching any kind of attack on China, there is no reason for anyone in Australia to feel threatened by a military presence in their country.

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join