It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sypher209

I just got sick of all the name calling. I dont have a dog in this fight. I don't care about Australia, any more than you care about us.... Oh wait, you do care, enough to set us "arrogant" "fat" moch$%^&chino drinking fools straight.

All of you sitting there with such national pride, stating the US really didn't help out much... I wonder if your soldiers that were fighting at the time agree with that account. \

I see one guy hell bent on the fact that Aussies aren't given enough credit. Another hell bent on convincing everyone that the US is doomed. Everyone has an opinion.. based on personal feelings..

Doesn't history have a say in the outcome here? Doesn't hard work and determination? NOPE, just some Aussie keyboard gangster, that has the world all figured out, thanks to the "internet" ... Brilliant!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

It won't break my heart if you cut ties with us. I won't be crying for you when youre gone, it's not like you people contribute to keeping the peace anyway. In fact if we ever vote to cut ties with you, i'll be voting yes.

Who cares?

What peace is Australia supposed to be promoting while we are an ally of the most war mongering, bastardized western country on the planet?

We want peace and then get roped in by your crazy, bible thumping lot to the stupidest pseudo-wars simply because of the fear that if we are invaded we wouldn't have a chance without your help.

Frankly, we have a better chance without it anyway because we are only pissinng everyone else in our own region off.

The USA is not the disney-esque superhappyfuntime that it thinks it is.

If anyone knows America's flaws, it is US the American people. Most of us don't deny some of the same points the world makes but that doesn't mean that America as a whole, agrees with everything our government does. Look at the OWS. While many may disagree with some of the ways they choose to make their voices heard, that alone should tell you that many are speaking out. We have to start somewhere and we won't get to where we are going overnight, but we try. There is a lot of painting with broad brushes going on in this post.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm no keyboard gangster mate, if anything you have proven to be the biggest one on this thread! i'm just simply stating an opinion because I have experience upon which I can call upon and relate to, especially when this topic comes into play.

So I used the internet to gain my experience is what your saying, did you not read my posts? your just digging the hole deeper mate, yeah sure everyone has an opinion, but when someone starts making # up and putting down my nation, especially a lippy yank, im up for it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem

It won't break my heart if you cut ties with us. I won't be crying for you when youre gone, it's not like you people contribute to keeping the peace anyway. In fact if we ever vote to cut ties with you, i'll be voting yes.

Who cares?

What peace is Australia supposed to be promoting while we are an ally of the most war mongering, bastardized western country on the planet?

We want peace and then get roped in by your crazy, bible thumping lot to the stupidest pseudo-wars simply because of the fear that if we are invaded we wouldn't have a chance without your help.

Frankly, we have a better chance without it anyway because we are only pissinng everyone else in our own region off.

If anyone knows America's flaws, it is US the American people. Most of us don't deny some of the same points the world makes but that doesn't mean that America as a whole, agrees with everything our government does. Look at the OWS. While many may disagree with some of the ways they choose to make their voices heard, that alone should tell you that many are speaking out. We have to start somewhere and we won't get to where we are going overnight, but we try. There is a lot of painting with broad brushes going on in this post.

Quoted for truth, perfect example of an intelligent and resourceful post, I agree with you, I don't hate America, but will defend my own national pride, I have even as stated, worked with many great Americans during service. I just hate your Government.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

Your 100% right. We all know there needs to be change.. and NOW.. Just like all of you have pointed out.. We have zero control over our Govt. at this point.

You act like you have some control of your Govt....

Our population is too diverse now. You have people that came from places with much less freedom. Our Govt. could continue stripping away freedoms for the next 20 years before 25% would even take up arms.

Again, I see this as a rolling car, that is unable to be stopped, until it crashes.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I pray Ron Paul becomes Potus...

OP, then your wish would come true, It really would.

No military trips overseas, only business people in business suits, no more Battle Dress Uniforms...

I hate to say this too, but if something happens (some type of military aggression against a country outside of the USA), I pray we (USA) doesn't intervene... It's your country, your policy all we should do is trade, no more no less.

OP, don't misconstrued your views on US foreign policy with the mindset of "most" American's.

All countries have some type of knucklehead(s) in their government office/cabinet/parliament…

Ron Paul 2012, the cure for the knucklehead politician syndrome…

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

The problem with Ron Paul is..... His only acceptable or palatable stance, is his foreign policy. Most Americans ARE NOT going for his stance on most issues.

I agree with his removal of the FED and going afte the IMF... But 80% of Americans think the white house prints our money.

Ron Paul is a pipe dream. Unfortunately, allot of Americans do not think there is a problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sypher209

You came in, in the 11th hour "mate" ... I was reacting to pages of assaults on Americans.. Not Our Govt, but Americans. So, instead of instantly going after me for my reaction, familiarize yourself with the cause to the reaction. If you are a rational person, you'll see the hate and negativity coming from the Australians on this thread.

A few pages back a Aussie decided to say he liked the relationship with the US and gave his personal thank you, for our assistance in ww2... Check out the blazing he got just for saying something good about the US.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Not ALL americans believe that. IMHO, the Chinese are waiting with Zen-like patience, when the world least expects it (I mean their own general is "telling" us how far behind they are) the dragon will awaken. But until then I feel the need to defend my country (again), NOT OUR GOVERNMENT OR POLICIES OF COURSE (lol those suck) but the everyday american that just wants to protect and support their families during this tough economic times. Hell, we know we're in the weeds moneywise and many have wondered why we are even discussing a war when we have bigger issues. Please do not take the comments of a few to speak for the masses.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx2112
I pray Ron Paul becomes Potus...

OP, then your wish would come true, It really would.

No military trips overseas, only business people in business suits, no more Battle Dress Uniforms...

I hate to say this too, but if something happens (some type of military aggression against a country outside of the USA), I pray we (USA) doesn't intervene... It's your country, your policy all we should do is trade, no more no less.

OP, don't misconstrued your views on US foreign policy with the mindset of "most" American's.

All countries have some type of knucklehead(s) in their government office/cabinet/parliament…

Ron Paul 2012, the cure for the knucklehead politician syndrome…

I agree. Ron Paul is the best hope for America and the world.

I personally dont like everything about him. I think he will certainly sell off public assets that remain. I feel that a country should own its utilities and infrastructure. I also think the public sector is important.

But he is good in so many other ways like on the IMF mafia. On American Imperialism. On the Federal Reserve. One adressing the National Debt. On moving to a currency that is backed by gold.

Its in all of our best interest for America to be strong. I think Ron Paul is the best shot even though I disagree strongly on some things.

edit on 31-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

If they're hungry they will. And I disagree, I would make delicious dog food, nice and spicy

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sypher209

Originally posted by DivineFem

Who cares?

Quoted for truth, perfect example of an intelligent and resourceful post, I agree with you, I don't hate America, but will defend my own national pride, I have even as stated, worked with many great Americans during service. I just hate your Government.

So do I, they suck big bollucks (sp?), they're just jerks

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This thread would be far more productive if both citizens of the USA and Australia can honestly look in the mirror and recognize that the citizens are in little to no control of the policies being enacted by our governments throughout the world.

I see no valuable debate between an Ozzy (who has little to no control over Australia's foriegn policy) and a Yank (who has little to no control over America's foriegn policy) arguing over why the other country's foriegn policy is wrong.

The citizens of both countries are given a choice every few years between candidate A or B, but have little to no control over who candidate A or B is. Candidate A or B are two sides of the same coin.

At the end of the day the average US citizen and Australian citizen desire similar things:
* freedom (Conservitism)
* equality (Liberalism)
* justice (Goodness leads to blessings, Evil leads to punishment)

We are the same peoples genetically and decend from a common ancestor. We are brothers, both in blood (wars) and in heiredity (Brittish).

Whether you agree or disagree with the foriegn policy your governments have decided to take, one thing is certain... the posters on this forum ARE NOT THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE FROM!

We are people, we desire the same things in life, we are brothers, so stop fighting about things beyond your control and understand that the US and Australia will always be together, as we should.

The 2 nations are as culturally similar as any two nations on Earth save other nearer nations within the commonwealth (i.e. Canada and the USA; Australia and NZ). Yes, SOME American's are arogant due to a lifetime of being told the freedoms the world enjoys are due to our sacrifice. Yes, SOME Australians are knee jerk reacting to the increase in threat due to US international relations being at an all time low, and the proximity of their nation to the US in regards to internation understanding.

Honestly neither view in this thread is representative of the majority in either countries citizens. In general the peoples of these 2 countries love each other very much and hate their governments choices regarding foriegn policy. We are together on those points as a whole.

God Bess,

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
[
edit on 31-1-2012 by boiledeggs because: oop's posted the wrong thing there.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It seems to me the Australians are just wannabe Yanks these days anyway. Everything from the way they've built their city's to the cars they drive to the look of their police. If I happen upon a TV program - a cop one say- I have to wait until someone speaks before I know which country it is. Truly the 51st state, Bruce!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boiledeggs

Um....the way they're built their cities?

Do please explain.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
As things are today America is damned no matter what we do, intervene and we are invading and being Nazi like, do nothing and we are not being responsible.

The people who complain about the American government not intervening should be ignored. "Isolationism," is a term invented by bankers and psychopathic warmongers, as a perjorative description of those who understandably do not want to get themselves or their loved ones killed, fighting other people's wars.

Playing Superman is a role that Americans never should have taken up at all, internationally speaking. You are not responsible for the rest of the planet, and people should not try to claim that you are. Americans get offended by people who are ungrateful for their intervention, when what they aren't aware of is that generally speaking, said intervention was not wanted in the first place.

It is a lie, invented by hawks and warmongers; and is in many ways a continuation of Manifest Destiny. Americans are not meant to necessarily be the saviours of the rest of the planet, and generally speaking they only harm themselves by trying to be.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
I agree. Ron Paul is the best hope for America and the world.

I am going to ask you the question that I ask everyone who expresses support for Ron Paul.

How many times are you going to need to be betrayed by a Presidential candidate, before you will accept the fact that your political system has been overrun by psychopaths and is no longer legitimately functioning?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

One sad thing that I've noticed though, is that there seems to be a growing epidemic of people who really just don't care what's going on. It's not that they're ignorant (although most are), or that they're unintelligent (although, again, most are), it's become an issue where they see the flames licking at their feet, yet they just do not give a damn. I guess the old saying still rings true. Some people just wanna watch the world burn.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Yeah, I can't say that I disagree with you. I pretty much believe that 75% of people are just that, Stupid. At the same time alot of people are wrapped up in there daily life paying their mortgages or just trying to survive. They either don't pay attention, or just don't care about anything but themselves. Those are the sheople that are kept easily blind and herded. Like I said before, The problem is much bigger than America. Australia and The USA are both much better off as allies. ~SheopleNation

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join