It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

There is a very common expression here that if it wasn't for America (in WW2), we (Australia) would all be speaking Japanese. Most Australians know this is true.
Our diggers fought a good fight but if America hadn't have come in when they did, we'd all be sushi. So like I said, the comments in this thread aren't the feelings of the majority.

Our diggers were'nt alone though , they also had help from others , and not just America. The Nepalese did great service in WW2 standing beside Australians in Asia.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by theubermensch

Ha! The Aboriginals are still here. And that was the Red Coats not Australia. Like 200 plus years ago.

A little touchy, aren't we?

I said Australia (the landmass) is not new to such activities.

But thats real nice saying we would make bad dog food

I think anyone of the home sapiens species make bad dog food, not just the residents of Australia. I am guessing of course, since I don't know that dogs would normally eat human flesh. Do dogs eat human flesh?

I think so

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

They went to Iraq because Saddam was going to sell his oil in the Euro. It was about the threat to the Reserve Currency status that you wrongfully still have. The oil needs to be bought in US dollars for you to have the right to continue printing the worthless paper you call US dollars.

Iraq had converted to conducting its trade in Euros by 2002. The very first decision of the occupational government in 2003 was to convert the Iraqi trade back to US$.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

The USD isn't used anywhere but the USA now is it? It's worth about as much as the paper it's printed on and no one wants it.

That's the case with most currencies but now people are waking up and realising that the supreme overlord of money, power and peace is actually a broken, whimpering little cat that doesn't know how sick it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I agree.

I don't think the Bali bombings would have ever happened if you didn't join the war on terror. On behalf of America, I apologize for making you guys more vulnerable!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

China the great beacon of hope and the future of Australia.
I had always assumed the people down under were the rugged individualist type.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Pervius

Who'd like to see Australia under Chinese rule for a few years? They'd kill you all and export you to the world as dog food.

That's horrible! Not that Australia is new to outsiders coming and finishing off those that are already there, but exporting them as dog food is horrible and very inconsiderate to the dogs

Are you a retard? Mate, the Native American Indians had it far worse than what the Australian Aborigines had it. Check your history before making accusations.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

China the great beacon of hope and the future of Australia.
I had always assumed the people down under were the rugged individualist type.

We are. Most of us look like Hugh Jackman or Sam Worthington. And we all wrestle crocodiles and ride kangaroos to work.

I just mean as a trading partner. Not our Imperial overlords. China is just doing its best. I know they arent perfect.
Neither are we.

edit on 31-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
reply to post by daaskapital

I was just surprised that folks would want to toss out the military alliance is all, and surprised also that some thought the Americans did not contribute against the Japanese in WW II. Please remember Hollywood movies are entertainment mainly and not history.

Nobody ever said that America did not contribute to defeating Japan. But for America to say that they saved Australia is not only offensive to the tens of thousands of Australians who died in the defense of this nation but also historically wrong.
If hollywood movies were entertainment than they would correctly present the bigger picture, "The Pacific" series is an absolute joke.
Any American or Australian who bought that propaganda crap is an idiot. The only mention of Australians in that series was,"There all off fighting in Africa".
Most Aussies like me would find that quote complete bull# and offensive.
Its just like if France started making movies about the American Revolution and not mentioning the Americans at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Yes it is a numbers game, I'm not going to get into the whole natives scene here, but seriously ONLY 20,000 Aborigines were killed in 150 years.
Also remember that 2,500 Europeans were killed too.
Today, they aren't repressed. They get free education, pay no tax, free uni, free healthcare, don't have to work, native titles, etc.
So effectively you can't use that card anymore.
EVERYWHERE on Earth once belonged to an older civilization. For example, white people once largely populated North Africa thousands of years ago but today have been taken over by Arabs and Africans. Do you see white people now asking for their lands back there?
So I don't see how Australia is any different to how your country was created.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Are you a retard?

Do you expect anyone to answer 'yes' to that question?

Mate, the Native American Indians had it far worse than what the Australian Aborigines had it. Check your history before making accusations.

Of course, I know my history and I was hardly making any accusations. Of course, Americans are the biggest genocidal maniacs by a wide margin and if someone threatened Americans with a possibility of another genocide and getting turned into dog food, I would react the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Yes it is a numbers game, I'm not going to get into the whole natives scene here, but seriously ONLY 20,000 Aborigines were killed in 150 years.

Interesting. So you actually think there was no genocide of the Australian Aboriginals and the Europeans had some right to that piece of land.

Today, they aren't repressed. They get free education, pay no tax, free uni, free healthcare, don't have to work, native titles, etc.

Is that supposed to somehow make right what was done to those who didn't survive?

I am not using any "card".

By your reckoning if the Chinese came in, wiped out 95% of those existing (tens of millions would be very small numbers for Chinese just as tens of thousands are for you), gave the rest free education, allowed them to keep their income without taxes, free healthcare, don't have to work, imperial tittles etc., that would be alright?

Since I don't know that Chinese wouldn't treat Australians surviving the genocide better than today's Australians treat the survivors of the last genocide, not sure I would be worried about it. But yeah, if they don't, I will remind them that they are worse than the previous colonisers. But they may come out with a different set factors by which they think the remaining are better off under Chinese rule. Can't say.

EVERYWHERE on Earth once belonged to an older civilization. For example, white people once largely populated North Africa thousands of years ago but today have been taken over by Arabs and Africans. Do you see white people now asking for their lands back there?
So I don't see how Australia is any different to how your country was created.

No issues. I don't see a problem with the current brand of Australians being replaced by another in exactly the same fashion either. If the Chinese can do the same what Europeans did, let them have it is all I am saying, only make sure not to give dogs food they can't use. But now that I know dogs can comfortably digest human flesh even that worry is gone.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

By your reckoning if the Chinese came in, wiped out 95% of those existing

But 95% of Australian Aborigines were not wiped out.

Look, The ordinary US citizen descends from the English as do us Australians. We come from the same motherland, who had a tendency to kill inhabitants of land.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This thread is great.
I cant believe the amount of Yanks that are saying that Australia cant do without them.
Well guess what America,,,,,, we can do without you . YES WE CAN.
We dont need you to survive, We dont need you for anything.
We dont need to buy any thing from you as we produce it all ourselves, we dont need any of your crap military goods, ie Collins class submarines.
We dont need you.
Other than producing crap TV shows what the hell have you actually done for us.
Answer is nothing.
So no matter what you all think, Austraila DOESN'T need you.
So get off ya high horse and stop thinking you are the greatest things to ever walk the planet.
America you are nothing

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Jace26

Interesting. So you actually think there was no genocide of the Australian Aboriginals and the Europeans had some right to that piece of land.

Is that supposed to somehow make right what was done to those who didn't survive?

20,000 killed over 150 years is hardly a genocide.
Compared to 13 million russians wiped out in less than 6 years.
Or the 30 million+ native americans wiped out in 100 years.

Well seeming as the Aborigines weren't improving (they had 40,000 years and couldn't invent a wheel!!), and we Europeans are technically the first civilization of Australia. We aren't the natives but we definitely have the English to thank for bringing so many positive aspects.

You need to realise Australia was just waiting to be settled, imagine if the Spainish got here first, or the Chinese etc. Then there would be no Aborigines left.

Who didn't survive? LOL
There are more Aborigines today than in all history so they can't complain, we have actually bolstered their population if anything.
Get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

I couldn't agree more, so many Americans I have met seem to think we owe them something for "saving" us!?!
Don't make me vomit.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by WozaMeathed

I couldn't agree more, so many Americans I have met seem to think we owe them something for "saving" us!?!
Don't make me vomit.

We owe them NOTHING mate.
If anything they owe us.
We have sent our children to fight in their false wars that were built on lies and propaganda.
We have lost a lot for the USA, but enough is enough, its time we told the USA to F*** off and fight there own battles.
We dont need them.

edit on 31-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: I cant spell

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

But 95% of Australian Aborigines were not wiped out.

Now we are quibbling over percentages? I don't know what percentage were wiped out, but what exactly would be an "acceptable" percentage?

Look, The ordinary US citizen descends from the English as do us Australians. We come from the same motherland, who had a tendency to kill inhabitants of land.

I think the Americans have more diverse ancestry, as far as nationalities go, than Australians, but other than that I agree. And I am not an American.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

20,000 killed over 150 years is hardly a genocide.
Compared to 13 million russians wiped out in less than 6 years.
Or the 30 million+ native americans wiped out in 100 years.

Well seeming as the Aborigines weren't improving (they had 40,000 years and couldn't invent a wheel!!), and we Europeans are technically the first civilization of Australia. We aren't the natives but we definitely have the English to thank for bringing so many positive aspects.

You need to realise Australia was just waiting to be settled, imagine if the Spainish got here first, or the Chinese etc. Then there would be no Aborigines left.

Who didn't survive? LOL
There are more Aborigines today than in all history so they can't complain, we have actually bolstered their population if anything.
Get over yourself.

So you are telling me

1. There was no genocide of the natives in Australia.
2. The natives failed to "improve" and the English colonisers are the first "civilisation" of Australia and they have the English to thank for the many positive aspects.
3. The natives probably have to thank that it was the English and not the Spanish or the Chinese who got there first who would have wiped the natives out if they did. (By the way, I am extremely curious as to Chinese wiping native populations out. Do you have some references for it?)
4. There are more natives today, in numbers, in Australia than there ever were, so they have no reason to complain.

and finally, I need to "get over it".

OK. I got over "it"

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Mate we all know America dropping the bomb is what made the Japs surrender.
You may call it sucking up, but I call it gratitude and giving credit where credit is due.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join