It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You cut out a large part of my post which basically says, We don't need America as they only create enemies for us and look how good we've had it while they left.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

In November 2000 Saddam Hussein demanded Euros for his oil. His arrogance was a threat to the dollar; his lack of any military might was never a threat. At the first cabinet meeting with the new administration in 2001, as reported by Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, the major topic was how we would get rid of Saddam Hussein — though there was no evidence whatsoever he posed a threat to us. This deep concern for Saddam Hussein surprised and shocked O'Neill.--Ron Paul

www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

You cut out a large part of my post which basically says, We don't need America as they only create enemies for us and look how good we've had it while they left.

It's trimming quotes.....and it's common. Anyone can and will look back to the origin post, if they're curious.

How we have mutual enemies doesn't much matter at this point, the fact is...Australian military forces are as deeply intertwined in Western alliances and...in fact..IS one of the major leading Western nations in the world...that divorcing the nation from those obligations as well as those who would make Australia pay dearly for decades of what they'd call wrongs is just baffling to suggest.

Oh well... everyone sees things differently though. That is what makes a free nation after all, right? Oh.. err.. but as a subordinate to China, well... You'll see. It'll be an interesting time, I'm sure. They have a few funny ideas when it comes to that freedom concept.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I agree that some of the Invasion issues had to to with Saddam trying to sell oil in currency other than petrodollars.

I was not in favor of going into Iraq at all, it was never going to be worth it for America.

Since 1972 the American dollar has been devalued so many times by our government, for a multitude of reasons, I do not know how it continues as the reserve currency. Keeping the American Dollar as the reserve currency is not worth any American military lives or the lives of our Allies military either.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

No you cut out my quote entirely which if you had read properly there would have been no need for a reply, as your previous reply contradicts my post.

And as for your second paragraph, you do realise that even if Australia ended an alliance with America we still have powerful friends. The commonwealth is probably the most obvious.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hope our American friends don't think that this thread typifies the feeling of most Australians. I can assure you it doesn't. Most Australians that I know are very untrusting of the Chinese rise to power to date and question their motives especially in regards to what they are buying up here in Oz. And what the Agenda is.
So the Alliance with America will be appreciated and in place for a long time to come.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Firstly, I for one welcome China. China has never attacked Australia and from what most Australians believe, China is Australias future, they are our biggest trading partner, we have good relations with them, they support our economy via tourists and business ventures, while our government offers the Chinese people humanitarian aid. In fact Australia and China were even allies during WW2.

Secondly, both nations appreciate the alliance? Really? Because from what I know most Americans wouldn't even know what an "Australia" is, so how could they possibly appreciate us despite fighting in all their wars.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wow, i have never seen Americans freak out as much as they are in this thread. To all the Americans who feel offended, and whose feelings we hurt, we never suggested to abandon ties with you completely, only that Australia should have relationships with China and other Asian countries. Sounds to me that the Americans don't want Australia to propser.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Firstly, Bangladesh has a much larger population than Australia and is less attractive to invade. Which is the reason our government sucks up to America.

My bringing up Bangladesh was only to draw an analogy to the 'sucking up to' part, not anything else. Bangladesh is probably one of the least interesting countries for anyone wanting to invade for resources. Yes, Australia has huge resources and very small population. But wouldn't that be the very reason why no one should even want to invade it for resources, as long as they don't show any hostility to those coveting those resources and are willing to supply them as asked for? After all, what is the point in invading and occupying a country whose domestic consumption will probably be less than the resources needed to invade and occupy?

Basically it means America now needs to ensure it appreciates Australia as an ally AKA suck up to Australia for once.

Got it!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

No you cut out my quote entirely which if you had read properly there would have been no need for a reply, as your previous reply contradicts my post.

And as for your second paragraph, you do realise that even if Australia ended an alliance with America we still have powerful friends. The commonwealth is probably the most obvious.

Okay, I'm headed to bed..but I wanted to get this clarified first. It's kind of a thing about seeing it suggested that I might deliberately distort facts or lie. Integrity isn't a buzz word to me and character is all any of us have in the end.

You make it sound as though Australia will collapse and be invaded without America as an ally.

Well let me give you an example, during the years Americas national interest was in Asia, it saw some of the greatest conflicts of the 20th century occur. What happened after the Americans largely left in 1975? The Asian region became largely peaceful with much economic prosperity, good diplomatic ties and so on.

Americas recent announcent that it is returning to this region CANNOT be good news, it should stay away.

The center section is what you are talking about, and I trimmed it for space. I've found it's not just appreciate, it's expected, when a specific part of a post is being replied to and not the whole thing. Having loaded this site a few times on a slow cell connection, I can understand why it's expected. How did the area I trimmed change the context or meaning though? You're outright saying that everything got BETTER and more peaceful when America "largely left". If anything, what I trimmed makes the contrast to what my reply said greater, not less.

I'd also point something else out.... This was your text to another post on the previous page and just prior to one of mine in this line.

With comments like those no wonder most people do not like Americans.

You have invaded country after country and killed millions and yet you have the tenacity to say "Americans are suffering hell?" While you ignore the fact that Australia has its own military and has more than enough to defend itself. So those Australians that have died fighting in your wars are nothing to you? Do you appreciate their sacrifice or even know they fought?

An invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq, yeah I think everyone can agree that wasn't protecting us, in fact I think its done the opposite, we've just created more enemies.

You'll be happy to note I trimmed not a thing from the quote this time.
I'll admit, having seen such outright Anti-American statements prior to my own reply was a factor to my thinking...and it absolutely removes all question as to the context of what I replied to, and you suggest somehow changed dramatically by what I trimmed...in the interests of space.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Ha! The Aboriginals are still here. And that was the Red Coats not Australia. Like 200 plus years ago.

A little touchy, aren't we?

I said Australia (the landmass) is not new to such activities.

But thats real nice saying we would make bad dog food

I think anyone of the home sapiens species make bad dog food, not just the residents of Australia. I am guessing of course, since I don't know that dogs would normally eat human flesh. Do dogs eat human flesh?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I would never say that Australia should not have relations ships with the other countries, just bit taken aback that so many Australians have some of the opinions that were expressed in this thread. Of course Australia should trade and have relations with China, heck America has trade and relations with them.

I was just surprised that folks would want to toss out the military alliance is all, and surprised also that some thought the Americans did not contribute against the Japanese in WW II. Please remember Hollywood movies are entertainment mainly and not history.

China is Australia's biggest trading partner of course you need good relations with them. China is also Americas 3rd largest trading partner, Canada and Mexico being 1 and 2. So America will be looking to have good relations with them also.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

20,000 Australian Indigenous killed in a period of 150 years

13 million Russians killed in 6 years.

Oh yeah we really "finished" them off didn't we?

What, is this a numbers game? Russia is still populated largely and controlled by Russian natives and Australia is not populated largely and not controlled by the natives. The transition in Australia didn't happen peacefully either.

So another violent transition in which a different enthnicity populates and controls the landmass and its resources isn't going to be much of tragedy is my point, even though I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.

And I was responding in a lighthearted manner to someone who was fear-mongering.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
LOL I litterally LOL'ed

I am sorry are you suggesting Australia cut it's ties with West???

Do you know what your gas prices would look like for you guys?

Unfathomable. It would ruin Australia for decades...

Uh Uh. No Australian would want that.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by Jace26

20,000 Australian Indigenous killed in a period of 150 years

13 million Russians killed in 6 years.

Oh yeah we really "finished" them off didn't we?

What, is this a numbers game? Russia is still populated largely and controlled by Russian natives and Australia is not populated largely and not controlled by the natives. The transition in Australia didn't happen peacefully either.

So another violent transition in which a different enthnicity populates and controls the landmass and its resources isn't going to be much of tragedy is my point, even though I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.

And I was responding in a lighthearted manner to someone who was fear-mongering.

Youd do know that when the English came to Australia, there was barely any fighting, in fact both the Aborigines and the Poms kept to themselves. Sure there was the odd battles between the two, but mainly they tried to communicate with each other. In fact, the head bloke who were here in Aus gave the orders not to fire. The battles only started because an Aborignal man attacked countless troops, if it wasn't for him, Australia would have had a peacuful history. One Aboriginal man (along with others), attacked and fought the british, who seen it as a nuisance, much as like they thought the American revolution was just a blip on the radar. Then the British finally responded once things got too bad, with loss of British life.

edit on 31-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
LOL I litterally LOL'ed

Are you #ing retarded?
Australia has the biggest mineral deposits on Earth, and with trade could accquire Oil and other neccessities with ease.No one suggested to cut ties completely, only to pursue relations with China.
edit on 31-1-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

There is a very common expression here that if it wasn't for America (in WW2), we (Australia) would all be speaking Japanese. Most Australians know this is true.
Our diggers fought a good fight but if America hadn't have come in when they did, we'd all be sushi. So like I said, the comments in this thread aren't the feelings of the majority.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

There is a very common expression here that if it wasn't for America (in WW2), we (Australia) would all be speaking Japanese. Most Australians know this is true.
Our diggers fought a good fight but if America hadn't have come in when they did, we'd all be sushi. So like I said, the comments in this thread aren't the feelings of the majority.
Stop sucking up mate, you're just feeding them their arrogance. I have quoted a source numerous times, that the Americans don't want to believe and that is, that Japan originally had invasion tactics for Australia. They were going to invade from 3 points, near Darwin, in between Brisbane and Townsville, and just south of Sydney. This way, if successful they could split apart the 3 maijor cities. Also in the source, Japan did not invade Australia because they were expecting New Guinea to be a pushover of a country, which was not, as Australia successfuly defended it (with the minimal help of America).

ETA: Alternitavely, Australia also had plans, however for a last resort, which was to let the northern parts of Queensland fall to the Japanes and hold them at Brisbane (The Brisbane Line). Luckily though, The Prime Minister at the time decided defending the whole of Australia was the way to go, and brought troops home to defend, and appointed someone else in place of the guy who came up with the idea.
edit on 31-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

LOL I litterally LOL'ed

Are you #ing retarded?
Australia has the biggest mineral deposits on Earth, and with trade could accquire Oil and other neccessities with ease.No one suggested to cut ties completely, only to pursue relations with China.

Let me fix that for you

Australia has some of the biggest mineral deposits on Earth

Bauxite

en.wikipedia.org...

Iron
www.mapsofworld.com...

Take a look at the known reserves above and get back to us .

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

Originally posted by daaskapital

LOL I litterally LOL'ed

Are you #ing retarded?

Let me fix that for you

Australia has some of the biggest mineral deposits on Earth

Bauxite

en.wikipedia.org...

Iron
www.mapsofworld.com...

Take a look at the known reserves above and get back to us .

Ah, thanks for the reply mate. We also hae a huge deposit of Uranium

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join