It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Involuntary Remote Viewing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I searched for what i could find under the search string "Involuntary Remote Viewing" but did,nt notice anything similar to this-my apologies if there is aready such a thread somewhere..All my life,every single time i try to fall asleep,i get this: People and locations just suddenly gets shoved in front of my face..normal people doing normal everyday things,even just a dog playing on a lawn,that type of thing..just for a few seconds..This happens so abruptly that i get a jolt,and actualy lift my upper body off the bed,tho i should have been used to it,been getting it since earliest memory,after all.Still,its the suddenness of it,that surprises me still,each time..This normaly happens 3-6 times in arow,till i eventualy manage to fall asleep.What i see,is for instance,a guy practising his basketball shots,a woman in her kitchen,bending to put something in the oven,even just animals sometimes,never anything out of the ordinary..With the exception of one time,i saw a lovely young woman in a park,it was a sunny day,and she was smiling at me,like she could see me(or maybe she was smiling at some one else and i was just the "fly on the wall").Then an awful thought came into my mind- "How terrible,that such warmth and beauty must be brought to ruin and destruction" Thats the one single event that stands out,and ive never forgotten that specific instance of "Viewing" as a feeling of great sadness accompanied it,and it kept me awake for hours..In general these instances seem to last for only seconds at a time,and so far,ive not seen,that i can recall,any markers to indicate where in the world im seeing.Although it mostly(but not exclusively)seem to be locations/people in the West(as opposed to Asian/Oriental areas of the world)..And as far as i can recall,always i see the people/places as in daytime,at the latest early evening,but still light outside(for them) tho usualy its then nighttime where i am.Anyone else get this?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Dear Raxoxane,

Without outside verification, you must question whether or not what you are seeing is an accurate depiction of real people, not saying it is and I am not saying it is not. Whether or not it is accurate, your experience and how it made you feel is real so I would like to discuss that. You saw a beautiful woman and thought that it was sad that she would have to die. Everything and everybody dies to this earth, we know that. If you are an evolutionist then you see it as the "cycle of life" therefore it is not pointless. If you are a believer then you see it as just another phase of existence and therefore life is not pointless.

We all matter whether we are beautiful to others or disgusting, we still matter because we have feelings and emotions and pain is pain. I cannot wish pain on a self aware being; but, we cannot grow without it therefore I accept it for me and others, I just never want it to be more than a person can handle, I don't want it to overwhelm their decision making process. Just some thoughts, peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Next time it happens,
try and focus where YOU want to go or see who you want to see...
See if you can get me the next winning lotto or mega numbers

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Not much to add here. You pretty much covered it. You are not alone on this one. I sometimes get the same thing where somebody actually notices me. Maybe one of these times you will actually create a dialogue with the person, or being. The interactions that I have had, could never in a million years be made up. I have to write them down to remember them in detail, but if I don't write it down, I can pick up right we left off. I have found that normal laws of physics and time do not exist in these experiences, which can open a lot of doors. People will tell you to be careful, or things to make you scared, but only you know where to draw limits. I know people in real life that I have actually set a place and time with, then met this way. We wrote the experience down right after and met physically without reading what we wrote. We both forgot the interaction, but our journals matched perfectly. If you wanna get rid of this, just make a big deal about it. lol. Works for me anyway. Just writing this probably set me back a while. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Try this if you see a guy and he has long hair a mustache and small beard typing on ats or just reading it you can pm me and confirm the details of the surroundings. Then I will tell you what your seeing. Maybe we can confirm your actually remote viewing. And from what you have said so far It is possible That you just might see this guy.
eta: Hopefully you don't get the voices and screaming cries followed by a bad headache and a bad mood for a short period like my sister used to.
edit on 30-1-2012 by jonco6 because: 111110110100101

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Your more advanced than me,if this is some natural ability some folks have..ive tried to close my eyes,and go back to the last "scene" say,the guy practising his basketball shots..but i never can..next time,its always another person,another place..i do wish i could as a matter of fact,just get over that "cold bucket of water" type of shock i get each time it happens,to hang on for just a few more seconds..but im literaly propelled away out of these scenes bout 4/5 seconds after "arriving" or more to the point,it feels like they are being thrust into my mind,i dont go to them..But who will know,its so bloody freaky.And it seems to serve no purpose,other than causing me hassles falling asleep,all my life.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hmm. I'm no expert on the subject by any means, but here is my opinion. If, like was mentioned above, you attempt to control these episodes while in them, then they are simply akin to dreaming, or traveling in an astral/dream world, as opposed to real life events across the globe. I do not think people can interact when they astral travel, and I believe the astral world is simply within one's mind. Others may disagree.
A more accurate term for this experience is "lucid dreaming", as some may think astral travel is something entirely different, as I mentioned a second ago.

If, on the other hand, something happens during one of these experiences, and you can somehow verify it, then it is remote viewing. Take for instance the woman you knew would die, which is how I took what you wrote. IF she was murdered, say in the park you were in during this episode, it could be possible to locate a news story with a picture.

Of course, as you know, this will always be a long-shot at the very least, and require work still at the very best, unless you can get extremely lucky and have something that is easy to verify. Plus, the odds are further stacked against this when you consider that it would first take an experience that qualified as one that could be researched.

Astronomical odds. Not impossible, but most improbable. However, I reckon that your experiences are nothing more than what many people experience every day while either falling asleep, or just waking up from sleep, ie lucid dreaming. So ya, I would attempt an interaction. Next time it happens, have a plan ready to execute when you first notice you are in a dream. This will increase your chances of success. It could be something as mundane as sitting on the ground or something, it doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Hi,no i get voices shouting at other times,tho,last time was "Dont catch Me!" also in the time i try to fall asleep,or in the hazy bit before one is completely awake,tho the last may be remnants of a dream,of course..About 2 weeks ago,as i was trying to fall asleep,i felt like some one/thing rammed into my brain,MAJOR JOLT-AWAKE,so flippin freaky,and the voice that shouted what sounded like "Dont catch me" or something like that..Well,no chance i have of catching anyone,whatever abilities i have,seems to be half-assed,weak and no use to man or beast,never mind a threat!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Interesting. I have discussed something similar with people before, but more related to "dreaming" the viewing. Anything from something recent to "historical" stuff. Not sure what to make of it, but interesting! Suggestion - make a log, if you can, of the people you see, as good a description as possible, and the locations (especially these!), with the color of houses, cars nearby, any possible landmarks, etc. Never know, could be useful. If you could locate one of the places, that could help verify the experiences.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Perhaps its possible to train myself to get over the shock and hang in..i dont know..it always just feels like im grabbed away by a giant hand/forcibly ejected away from what im seeing,which causes a physical shock and jolting upright..But now,in gonna try to hang on,cus trying to get back to the previous scene dont work,once im out..im gonna try and steel myself,fall down/sit down where i am,see if in those seconds i can find a way to anchor myself for longer..Maybe it is possible.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Will do..i keep always a pen and paper next to my bed anyway,to record dreams,or what i can remember of them..Just never thought of writing these down,as unlike in dreams,the locations and people are always so mundane and ordinary,except the poor young woman,who i had the sad feeling about.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I also have this, but I considered it some sort of "hypnogogic vision", or maybe just an over-stimulated brain trying to settle down. The sights are funny sometimes- once I was seeing a city street with people walking by but I was seeing it from an angle like I was laying on my side on the ground. I'm convinced if I ever saw those buildings again I would recognize them. Sometimes I am "flying" over land, looks like maybe a hundred feet up, and I can feel the sensation of movement and clearly see objects on the ground. Interesting phenomena. Never imagined other people experienced this, too.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
edit on 30-1-2012 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I do have a few questions if you don't mind answering them for me. Have you gotten badish news from a doctor or anything like that lately? I only ask because the picture as I read it was when you see these people you get the feeling that they wont be in their current condition for to much longer. Leading me to believe that you may have a connection with these people bringing on the bouts of remotes. If not and its only some have you scanned the obituaries? Anyway remote viewing or a dream if they just pop in there has to be some kind of connection. I would first try to figure out what that connection might be then deal with that and it should stop. If you want to explore the astral plane I would not use this as you spring board before you knew exactly what was going on with this and resolve the cause.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Glad you posted this OP

I don't get it very often, but I too have a similar experience, just before going off to sleep from time to time, and rather infrequently, I get a flash/ picture in my head, sometimes its just a face (I never recognise the faces, so I assume they are spirit ?) .

Sometimes they talk ( in fact I can only think of one occaision off the top of my head) What I remember is like a snippet of dialouge this person was having with someone else, it wasn't aimed at me at all, and it was"......like a tea" it was as though I was privvy to someone elses conversation....very strange.

Whenever it happens, I tend to either think one of two things, either "what the hell are you doing here" (well I am trying to get to sleep), or "Oh, why are you here ?"

Guess it just depends on my mood lol.

Really pleased to hear I'm not alone on these experiences, oh and before anyone dares to say its schezophrenia, or anything like that, I can tell you I am no way schezophrenic !

The voice in my head tells me so ! (Joke guys, just joking )

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

The voices or images just waking or falling asleep aren't bad that's normal and some times you will hear the weirdest things. The worst thing tho imo is when you wake up in that shocked awake style and cant move and it feels like your being held down and it feels evil but if that happens to you as it did to me remember its normal I was so freaked out until I got to look it up but I was doing the meditations and such the night before so I know what caused it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I can relate to this, I tried meditation around the time I first joined this site and after a good few months of getting my mind to be silent this first happened to me and it only lasted for what felt like a few seconds as I got a fright.

I have this every night now unless I am completely exhausted, it lasts as long as I can keep my mind clear or as long as I can be bothered (whichever comes first) the only difference I would add is that I only get this as if I am seeing through someone elses eyes if that makes sense, ie, I can see what looks like someone else's arms and legs if they look down whilst walking.

At first things will not be in colour, blurry and with no sound but will eventually become clearer, coloured and eventually sound will come through.

If I think too much whilst this is happening the things I am seeing vanish.

I have put this down to my subconscious painting a blank mind like an artist would paint a blank canvass.

It does interest me but I keep it too myself. It is far too easy to indulge your mind in stuff that could just be imagination at the end of the day.

edit on 30-1-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Many years ago, I attempted to put a name on a phenomena that I was experiencing. Yours sound pretty good, however, short and sweet. Mine: SNDIA (Spontaneous Non-Directed Information Acquisition).

I've had this "ability" most of my life. Almost always involves people on the scene and has provided exquisite detail of clothing styles and even fabric types. Scenes are frequently from other places and times.

My understanding is that most people never see such scenes in their mind's eye, similarily to how most people do not dream in color which I do on occasion. At least, no one I've ever talked to about has the slightest concept of what I'm trying to describe.

I've often wondered what the trigger was that produced these effects, but never have come up with a good answer. However, I'm positive there is a connection to remote viewing. I have followed the development of RVing since the beginning back in the 70s and have made some efforts to do it. But being rather ADD, I have trouble focusing for any period of time. As I age, I seem to do that less.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yes, involuntary RV can be done and mostly just as you wake after a long sleep and think of something or someone. try it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I dunno if this is the proper place to post this but for a LOOOONNNNNGGGG time since before I knew what to make of it I've had this certain imagery. In elemenatary school/ early middle school I always had this vision of me staring at a watch in my hand before "jumping over" something. Around that time by mom got me really into carrying my own watch on a chain and carrying a hankerchief like my grandpa that made it really embarassing to explain to me peers at school why I used a snotty handkerchief as opposed to kleenex's like everybody else. About that same time I got really into WW1 history - so much so I would read for hours and hours every WW1 book in the middle school library for some reason. After that the vision I consistently remembered made kind of more sense, like I was staring at a clock before going "over the top" is the best I can describe it. That and my favorite author became Hemingway also, I either have some kinky thing for EVERYTHING WW1 or that this "scene" that I've always had grown up got me interested in it. I dunno maybe a past life?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join