It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Arachnid Visitation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals,

This picture/short story was the initial reason I signed up to ATS (longtime lurker previous to that
), so I hope it generates the interest and curiosity I'd hoped for!! So, this took place on August 3rd, 2009 and it began normally enough; the rest of my family was out of the house for the weekend, and my best bud came over to hang out, play video games, watch documentaries etc... Well, we got bored and decided to take a walk down to a local park (it was about midnight), and just before we got there things got weird. He and I were talking, and then all of a sudden I felt very tired and heavy, and just heard a..droning silence, if that makes sense. I snapped out of it when my friend said 'whoa dude!', put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me back. I looked at him like 'wtf?' and he just pointed straight ahead. I was face to face and about to walk smack dab into an enormous spider web with a rather large spider right in the middle of it! It only got crazier from there; the spider and it's web was unlike anything I'd ever seen. It was a shimmering crimson red, and it's web was a deep royal blue, both seeming to emit their own bioluminescence; it was actually quite beautiful. I felt transfixed looking at it, and as I watched it did the eeriest thing; its legs seemed to be plucking the web with a strange finesse and rhythm like a violinist or bassist. It's movements and 'plucking' also seemed to generate a low humming noise that hypnotized me even more, when I had the thought of 'I have to take a picture of this'. So, I did. I'll post the pic shortly, I promise just bear with me here
. It's important to note that after I took the picture, the atmosphere seemed to change and I felt more aware of my surroundings, and my friend and I both heard rustling above us (I should note the web was hanging off the lowest branch of a tree). We both looked up and the entire tree was COVERED in spiders!! I mean, the branches, leaves, everything was just a mass of the things!! We were sufficiently freaked out and bolted the 1.5 miles back to my house. It came to us after we regained our composure and breath a little while later to look at the picture I'd snapped. This is what we saw:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep in mind the spider was blood red and the web deep blue when I took the pic, so why did the spider come out bone-white/grey, and the web came out as a strange broken circle made of multi-colored balls of light?! And don't tell me it's my camera flash, cmon now!! Also, I no longer have the copy of the picture where I zoomed in on the spider itself about 200%, but if someone has the capability to do so and wouldn't mind reposting it here, I would be most grateful (also, the person who does is going to have the first look at something truly incredible, I promise). Till then, let me know what you think! Look forward to hearing from ya'll, be nice its my first thread

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hmm coolest spider ever. I am not sure if that occurs naturally. Posting geographical info on where you live could help someone identify the spider. however I can't imagine they're that many spiders that look like that.. What ever it is that it looks like there... hmmm

As for arachnids mastering inter dimensional space travel... Hmm i truly hope never
edit on 30-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I live in Austin, thanks for the comment
the reason I said extraterrestrial in the topic headline is because, well, you know what? I'm going to zoom in on that pic myself, it'll make things alot more clear. Give me just a sec

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
OK here is the spider zoomed in 200%, it is a little blurry but there ya go. I'm really really interested to know what other people see, its plain as day to me but I want ya'll to come to your own conclusions!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Spider is most certainly a variant of Orb Weaver, perhaps Golden.
Relatively common, build large webs that frequently feature patterns.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Necrocharadon

Could you please link to pictures of Orb Weaver spiders whose web's are actually perfectly spaced balls of multicolored light?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
So it is an alien grey face on a set of spider legs? kinda freaky when you see it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It reminds me of a group of spiders in our backyard when I lived in southeastern NC. A single spider was making a spider web that spanned about 50 to 75 feet across and about 15 to 25 feet high with the traditional circular pattern in the middle towards the center. Another spider made a similar extra large web under another tree. I asked my father not to kill them because I thought they looked cool. The one spider was located near a door for an outdoor building and one day I think he got afraid it was going to kill someone so he took a baseball bat and took a swing and it was destroyed. It was big enough to get killed upon impact because it was big. I swear when I bumped into one of the spider strands, I thought I may have heard a humming noise from the vibration of me rubbing against the strand. I was wondering what kind of spider makes webs big enough to catch a person. The strands were not that strong though. I thought maybe the spiders hitched a ride with a solder returning from Africa or something and found their way to our yard some 45 miles from the nearest base.

Oh, we had a bat living on our carport during the daytime. Actually it just slept there up against the brick in the shade of the carport. I like to leave alone the critters that eat insects. We had too many insects. I was wondering if the spiders came from Africa. I never thought they could have a spaceship but who knows, they could have snuck aboard a ship and snuck off which wouldn't be much different than hitching a ride from Africa to our backyard.

I need to sort through all the stuff in my house one day and find out if I have pics of a number of weird things.
edit on 30/1/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

yes, thats exactly what I see, I fell out of my chair in shock the first time I ever saw it!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I was just looking at it on my phone and decided to zoom inlike you said and then I kinda mumbled "wtf" haha.

Crazy stuff. Shame you didn't get more pictures.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Haha glad you see it too man, yeah I woulda snapped pics all night if I hadn't suddenly found myself directly underneath (at least what appeared to be) a writhing mass of spiders. Still makes me shudder thinking about that, blech

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBassistant

You ever been back down there?

I see a UFO once and tried going back to the spot on the same day, time, date(obviously diffrent year) but unfortunately no luck. That's not to say you won't though.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

so why did the spider come out bone-white/grey, and the web came out as a strange broken circle made of multi-colored balls of light?!

Your camera's flash illuminated the spider and the reflective parts of it's web (the parts that reflected the flash back into the aperture)

And don't tell me it's my camera flash, cmon now!!

Why not? That's clearly why the spider looks extremely light in the picture.

Other than that, interesting thread... I have never heard of bioluminescence in spiders... but I don't necessarily count it out though........

certainly a glowing web would be a new thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Your camera's flash illuminated the spider and the reflective parts of it's web (the parts that reflected the flash back into the aperture)

Thanks for the reply, but...that just doesn't add up to me. What reflective parts of the web? Why are these reflective parts all evenly spaced out and in multicolored light balls? For that matter, wheres the rest of the web? You don't see any actual webbing in the picture, just the lights.

Why not? That's clearly why the spider looks extremely light in the picture.

Again, do you really think that explains it? Look at the second picture I posted, zoomed in on the spider itself 200%, let me know what you think.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

@Extraterrestrial Arachnid Visitation?

I think it could be possible some form of intelligent arachnid types could of visited EA* Also consider some of the FALLENs may have not only mated with or genetically bonded with humans and other creatures may have bonded with them as well. (just a outta box thought)

@:42 SPIDER GOD DEITY SHOWN

nazca spider image below

Some believe the modern Earth native Reptilian race may have evolved from dinosaurs retreating into deep caves for protection from ummmm maybe solar activities. So it may be possible during the Carboniferous periods that some insects evolved as well. Very wild planet history it would be interesting to see it in a colorful like display over time, the various evolutions..

edit on 1/30/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The web does indeed seem to be glowing blue!
uploadpic.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

Interesting...what exactly are the implications of this picture? Did you use some sort of thermal imaging software or? Sorry I'm not too familiar with this sorta stuff, very interested in knowing what it means though, cheers!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
The web does indeed seem to be glowing blue!
uploadpic.org...

You can see a bit of the blue on the original pic.

nobody else got an explanation for this?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't remember which show it was, but there was a program that highlighted some spiders' ability to play "music" with their webs in order to lure small prey such as moths, etc. Perhaps it's an evolutionary, heightened ability. They want us now

new topics

top topics

join