It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACTA and You - Important Video - It has Begun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I do not promote Anonymous. I do not know them, they have not proven to be on my side yet. Guy Fawkes was an agent of the Vatican - November the 5th, had his plan been successful would have only given more power to the Jesuits. Symbols are important.

That said, here's a brilliant video I found on ACTA - which is SOPA but on an international level.

Please read the following below as well:

ACTA - 'The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement' is a proposed plurilateral agreement for the purpose of establishing international standards on intellectual property rights enforcement in Europe.

ACTA would establish a new international legal framework that would create its "own governing body outside existing international institutions" such as - the World Trade Organization (WTO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) or the United Nations.

An open letter signed by many organizations, including Consumers International, EDRi (27 European civil rights and privacy NGOs), the Free Software Foundation (FSF), the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), ASIC (French trade association for web 2.0 companies), and the Free Knowledge Institute (FKI), states that "the current draft of ACTA would profoundly restrict the fundamental rights and freedoms of European citizens, most notably the freedom of expression and communication privacy."

"The worst part about censorship is [SNIP!]"

edit on 30-1-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

This crap is creeping into Canada as well.How can you not make it happen?....Storm the palace and rebel?...Bug out and rebel?....There is no simple answer on this one.Kind of like a catch 22,

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

S&F OP btw I copied and pasted your entire thread in various other forums and passed it all off as my own work...Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
While I'm not particularly into this NWO stuff, Thomas Jefferson said that "the natural order of things is for liberty to yeild, and government to gain ground" and "the price of liberty is eternal vigilance." I will begin by saying that the number of governments planning on enacting ACTA is scary. Especially for most Americans, where we were founded as a union of sovereign states, where government is for the people, by the people, and our federal level of government passes only the most extremely neccessary laws and the states have the rights to handle everything else as they see fit. That being said, whenever I hear about America combining it's interests with other countries, I do get concerned, such as american democrats cooperating with United Nations attempts to enact broad firearm regulations and regulate international firearm importing. Issues like these and other issues of a country's national security should be carried out by a single country to the best interests of its people, not subject to the desires of any other country. ACTA is not only scary because just how much authority it gives the government on the internet; it's scary because of how many governments are TEAMING UP to police the internet...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this video. I've sent it along its way on the internet.

I've also taken the time to write my minister of trade in Denmark, as I in fact helped to vote her in during the last election. I wanted to make it clear to her that there must never ever ever be a thought about discussing any implementation of ACTA or similar laws.

They are pr. definition a direct attack on free speech, liberty of free people and the ability to share ideas and thoughts through this amazing thing called the internet.

I would go so far as to say that merely suggesting ACTA as a possibility should in itself be looked upon as a crime and the people behind the idea put to jail for the remainder of their lives.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Australia signed it last year, USA signed it, NZ signed it, Mexico signed it, EU signed it and so many others have as well. My friend, it is already too late.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
F&S for the OP so what about UK as we are not in the EU I'm sure that PM didn't sign-up to ACTA as we have been oposing it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

26 January 2012 - The UK signed the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) External Link at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo alongside 22 European Member States.

source

When this goes live we can't even copy & paste anything or even source links otherwise we'll be fined or arrested

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Do you think this is to make us get angry and cause trouble on the streets? Martial law? looks like they won and it'll be the end to forums & net and phone calls & tv & life maybe we all should not pay any taxes
edit on 1/30/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Please all members please vote for action against ACTA here

Vote Against ACTA
edit on 1/30/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Come on peeps we need lots of flags for this thread and please put your name down by clicking the link we cannot let them take our internet and free speech!! OP please put the link on facebook and spread it around Thank you

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The more of us join, the more likely we are to win! Please help spread the word using the Facebook and Email tools below and forward the original email from Avaaz!

Spread The Word

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

interesting...
anti- COUNTERFEIT

aha!!! of course:

Pirate Bay to Allow Real-Object Downloads. The Real Reason for SOPA, IMO.www.abovetopsecret.com...

can't have people building their own stuff with 3d printers instead of buying
more hypocrisy from the so called capitalists

when they destroy other businesses like mom and pop shops it's just fine
when their businesses are threatened it's lobby to get laws passed to prohibit competition

also don't forget megabox was going to pay 90% of sales to the artists
www.digitalmusicnews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It has been brought to my attention that YouTube is, in violations of their T & C I might Add, Deleteing user videos at the request of third sources!!!

All these OWS video showing cops shooting people... yeah they get took down. WTF? Are we Russia now?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
On 26 January 2012, the European Union and 22 Member States signed the treaty. It is time to get this horrible thing repealed it's already 4 days old in Europe.

Kader Arif, European rapporteur for ACTA, subsequently resigned from his position on 26 January 2012 saying "I want to send a strong signal and alert the public opinion about this unacceptable situation. I will not take part in this masquerade." Source

edit on 30-1-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think the thing so many are missing is it has ALREADY BEEN SIGNED!

BY Obama!

By other countries.

In fact, more have signed it than have not at this point. That should have been more directly pointed out, IMO, in the opening post or title, people aren't reading this and realizing this, and still stuck on SOPA etc.

Remember when Glen Beck said when they keep tyring to get you to look at one hand, always wonder what the other hand is doing? Well, here you go.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Not all the G20 signed. China didn't and has no intention of doing so if the Wikileaks cables are anything to go by. Russia isn't cooperating either. What if they, especially China, set up their own 'bypass' of the Western internet? Lucrative I'm sure and a spit in the eye to the US. Internet experts please comment whether this would be feasible.

new topics

top topics

join