It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites make me nuts!!! First the politicians, then the media.... and now the people. NO HOPE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Flag this if you have problems with Fox News.

RRRRRRGGGGGGGGG! FOX NEWS!!!!!!! Ok.... Calm down... Why do I watch this stuff, time and time again? It will be the death of me, I am sure...

Ok so here is what is going on:

I went to Fox's website and tried to get a video of this and every time I clicked on a link to what I wanted to post, it brought me to some useless page with no video so sorry I cannot show you this evil (not like I'd want to poison your eyes anyway). The episode I am watching on air is called "Florida Primary Preview" on Fox News Channel. It's just an interview with Gingrich and Santorum with a small group of, say, 30 people. I decided to watch because I enjoy knowing my enemy, but here is what I decided the problem is.

My enemy, who previously I thought was Santorum and Gingrich, is something else. The media? Yes--wait... no. Well, ok them too, but I found a new enemy. The people!!!

SIIIIIIIIIIGH. This is frustrating. I watch these people and they begin talking to Gingrich... They are asked on why they like Gingrich and what they think about what is going on in politics today, blah blah blah, and they start complaining about the news coverage and how it isn't giving Gingrich a fair chance.

WHAAAAAAT? SERIOUSLY? Joking right..? No. All I have seen on the news for the past, dunno, month is Gingrich propaganda! Ever since he stood up to Blitzer he has been getting more and attention (and I have my own theories for what happened here btw: Newt Gingrich Wanted the Debate to be Opened with Open Marriage Question). The people are so concerned about the media and its spins, and not even once did they acknowledge Paul! Paul did not get sympathy on air with any news channel when he was asked if he was having sex with Rick Perry, no one cared when Ron Paul was skipped time and time again in the debates, including the one that Newt stood up to Blitzer. Who (publicly in the news, because I know ATS is good at bringing it up
) ever stands up for Paul when he nonsensically gets labeled a "racist"??? NOOOOO OOOONE!

That really got my blood boiling, because I fell these people are lost... I do not want them to be, nor do I blame them, but they sit there and say something, and they push their beliefs and shout their wants, yet, they somehow don't want Ron Paul? No way... so then when they bring up unfair media and preach Gingrich, I cry. He has more media support than any other candidate (other perhaps than Romney) so that claim is BS!

So as the show progressed (yeah I idiotically kept watching), Santorum came on. Oh boy, the whiny kid with a Nazi-regime comes to make things better, why did I think it could get better.... and the hypocrisy continued. The first thing that was mentioned, and the topic that continued for ten minutes, was "issues that matter". They start telling Santorum that he is a very good candidate because he doesn't like talking about thing that don't matter and wants the focus to be on the issues, not the social aspects. So what do they do? They all talk about it and show clips of him saying that! WOW THAT IS ACCOMPLISHING! Let's all talk about how the stuff that doesn't matter makes us feel? Ooo oo let's all hug!

Whatever. Come on people, less talk more do. The sad thing is, I only even wrote this post because I really figured it had a chance of being viewed (I mean I am sitting here complaining about these issues I claim is a waste of time complaining about hahaha so yeah I am a hypocrite too right?). I thought people would really feel better about clicking on this than something that didn't involve political drama... Really if you are on page with what I am saying then let's all try to do things about it.

It is impossible to just wake everyone up... people will stay asleep due to many factors, it has to be something that people do under their own power. Instead, let's actually start with posting the facts, eh? I started a thread a while ago about Mitt Romney, and it got a pathetic 5 flags and I think that happened because my thread title was boring: Mitt Romney Information Dump

Further back I tried to start something similar with Rick Santorum but it was called Rick Santorum-- Watch him Live and Post your thoughts so I think people were turned off to posting in it because it was a "live" event implication... though honestly I really just wanted people to put down some facts on him.

Anyway, I plea to you to help me out and get involved with these threads! As I was saying, it is nearly impossible to just wake some one up, but if we can concentrate information into one area, I bet people will begin to wake up under their own power.

Flag this if you deny ignorance.
edit on 30-1-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
this CBS news correspondent says this perfectly

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Agreed, good thread. S&F.

As I tried to point out in this thread you made , I really think the whole Gingrich media debacle was created to quite obviously distract from the media bias against Paul and put it on Gingrich. The problem isn't that people aren't speaking out against the media bias against Paul, it's that the media refuses to show it. They show the Gingrich people crying about media bias becuase Gingrich is an establishment politician. They are attempting to distract from the real issue by pushing the media bias against Gingrich. Again, this deal in the last SC debate was win win for both Gingrich and the media.

Also, to point out that your threads have not been getting S&F's....There is a clever tactic going on at ATS and the mods are putting pretty much everything that is not breaking and current political news into the "off-topic" forums. The off-topic forums get a lot less attention, hence your lack of flags/stars from your threads. Most people pay attention to ATS and not as much to BTS. (or what used to be BTS, but is now referred to as "off topic"). Almost ALL pro Ron Paul threads or even those conspiracy related (which there is a big one as this thread suggests) are thrown into "Off-topic" now. Many threads bashing Ron Paul have for some magical reason stayed in the "on topic ATS" forums, or at least stay there for a LONG time before being moved to "Off-topic." I don't think I'm the first one to notice this...

I'm not suggesting that you didn't post this in Off-topic to begin with, but this is not how threads get attention. Off-topic threads are generally dis-regarded, however we've seen a lot more activity since these 2012 GOP primaries/caucuses.

I've also noticed that whenever any pro Paul supporter calls out the real anti-Paul trolls they get slapped with "manners and decorum" or "Off-topic" penalties from some specific mods. The Anti-Paul crowd has been given full rights over ATS to say whatever they want, even if it's baiting or obvious trolling without penalty. Pretty screwy all the way around IMHO.

EDIT: Sad to say, but you may have to just keep bumping your own threads so that they may get some attention.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Have a quick beer and then watch this. It'll lighten your mood for a moment.

reply to post by Wookiep

I've noticed the threads being moved to BTS. Pretty sad.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Nice video, I laughed pretty good, thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Sadly that is a pretty accurate portrayal of our media and political process nowadays. The silly party vs. the extremely silly party.

Ole' Biscuit Barrel!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What really scares me about America? watching the presidential race from outside the country, knowing that the elections are fixed, and seeing the way Ron Paul is getting marginalized on the issues to which he speaks so eloquently.....While An idiot like the Ging getting a standing O for saying something to the effect of" well kill our enemies."....!
The enemies are a deliberate creation of the ruling elite in America!
How can the people get so worked up for this crap?
I am sure that there is some subtle electronic augmentation of the audiences going on......
If not America has turned into the equivalent of a psychopath, in the society of nations..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I wonder how the media regarding United States politics is portrayed, because it always seems as if foreigners know more about political truth than people in the U.S.!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Right, I see what you are saying. Yeah it is a shame that even ATS has a marginal amount of influence on what is seen by people. And sometimes it is good don't get me wrong, but still has that chance of being skewed in a more "negative" direction. It is also frustrating to see posts on nonsense receive starts and flags galore... I mean stars, points mean nothing to me, but flags really make or break a thread. I mean, I would give all my stars I have earned and forfeit all my future stars just to have more people just look at my thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Hahaha... wow I would laugh harder if it weren't so true! I only wish things would change this coming year, but... well one can only hope. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yeah the system needs work, for sure. I likely would not even be involved in politics right now if Ron Paul wasn't in it. Everyone else is a joke! He is the only politician I have seen this whole race who does not support how things are run, and that gives me hope

new topics

top topics

join