It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast Question for Non-Believers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
You might wonder why I am asking non-believers, well, I already know that even many who claim to be believers would take it, personally, I would not; but, many will.

There's a huge misunderstanding about the MOB (mark of the beast). A lot of people are afraid that they might take it by mistake, or be tricked into it. Even today there are many people who are afraid that giving their pets an ID implant is cursing them to damnation, I've even encountered people who needed to go through cancer treatments and were concerned that the small registration tattoos (basically just a dot on the skin for machine alignment) might be the MOB. This isn't the case. The reason the real MOB will condemn people is not because of the mark itself, but because of what is signifies:

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image

Revelation 16:2
The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

Notice that the MOB is always mentioned in conjunction with worship of the beast. This isn't simply about taking some kind of mark, it's about these people giving their allegiance to the beast. They are siding with Satan, and the mark is their outward acceptance of him as their savior and their denial of Jesus and God. And before this event even takes place, the Tribulation will be well underway and angels will have flown through the skies issuing warnings including this one:

Revelation 14:9-10

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

So have no fear about accidentally taking the MOB, an angel will proclaim a warning before the event takes place and those who take the MOB will do so knowing full well what they are doing and who they are siding with. There will be nothing accidental about it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm a currently back in the camp of non-believer or a new thing I like to call Believer Lite.

However, if there came a time when it is mandated that I take a specific mark to be able to buy or sell, I think that it would convince me either

A. The prophecies in Revelations are coming to fruition.
(for your reference)

14 And he deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by reason of the signs which it was given him to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast who hath the stroke of the sword and lived.
15 And it was given unto him to give breath to it, even to the image to the breast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as should not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the bond, that there be given them a mark on their right hand, or upon their forehead;
17 and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred and sixty and six.

or B. Some group of people is using great power to make it seem that the prophecies are coming true.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You said that the technology is currently available and has been tried out. Specifically ....what technology? Where has it been tried out? Sources...please.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
hi everyone, this is mly very firts post... havent you all thinked that the ones who are using the barcode, with the 666 number, are just fools who want to try to create fear amon people by using a non real number of something?

i mean, i dont use this belivings, (like bible, lol) but, if you want to create fear, will you make it, even with a false number, and false things, to make people be fooled?

if this "number of the beast" isnt real, why is everyone using it to create fear, based in a false thing?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Questioneer05

Allow me to give you your first star!

Although your translation is a little wonky, I think you are saying the same as me.

People might use the contents of Revelation as a game plan to make it seem like Armageddon is upon us.

Is that what you're saying?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I'll tell you why. Because they are different sides of the same coin. Let me explain. I don't believe in god nor do I believe in the bible. But I do belive there is something out there but that is irrelivent because because he/she/it is of no consequence to us what so ever IMHO. Now, what I mean by two different sides of the same coin is both those religeous ideals, Satanism and Christianism, lived side by side with no real diffrence but who was worshiped. Preaching the same story but from different perspectives. None are evil nor good. But invented by man to represent different beliefs, it caused a divide between the people. And what people do not know people fear. As Yoda once said
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. So, as to identify "those not worthy" those who they fear, the Christians are hoping to find a sign or maybe even create a mark to identify those who worship the beast in the hopes that one day they will be eliminated. IMHO.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
I am not really sure that this is a religious question mainly because I am interested in how non-believers would view taking a mark in order to buy and sell. Here is my question specifically for people who do NOT believe in the New Testament, Muslims, Hindu, Atheists, Agnotstics, Satanists, Gnostics are all welcome to answer. So, here is my question, IF all money became electronic and you were required to have an invisible 3D barcode on your hand or forehead in order to buy or sell, a form of identification so that others could not steal your money, would you take it. I am not talking about an RFID chip, just an invisible identification on your body proving who you were, you would need special glasses or a black light in order to even know it was there and in exchange, your identity and money would be safe.

You might wonder why I am asking non-believers, well, I already know that even many who claim to be believers would take it, personally, I would not; but, many will. I am not asking if non-believers would see it as the mark of the beast, it is more a question of whether or not you would allow yourself to be branded in order to buy and sell. Again, I am not looking for religious answers, more wondering how people would react or if they would react at all to the requirement. I think many people wouldn't care. In case you are wondering, the technology is currently available and has been tried out. Looking forward to hearing different peoples perspective. Peace.

Since having this "mark" is the only way you could make purchases, it becomes your sole means of survival? As in, refusing the mark would be suicide or force you to become a criminal?

Are you telling me God wants me to either starve or break the law?

Interesting point of view. I hadn't looked at it that way before.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I know you're not looking for a religious answer but let me say this. Religion isn't what it used to be. It used to be a way to reach out to those who were like minded. But over the centuries people grew to fear other religions and hense the stupidites we have today. Now, that "tattoo" of a bar code would a pretty bad thing to invent. Althought the RFID chips are indeed coming with some already having them, the idea remains the same. The removal of privacy and the optimization of profit growth. That's all it is to me. So, no I wouldn't have it done. I don't think it have enything to do with the mark of the beast.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm not religious but i sure as hell will not be taking that mark.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I wouldnt accept it and would strongly urge everyone I know to reject it as well

huh? You would accept it and urge everyone you know to reject it??

LOL I clearly says "WOULDNT accept it" in my post

If I knew how to post pics I would put up one of those face palm fail ones

P.s just having some fun not being narky

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Alot of people do not understand what the Mark of the Beast is. To understand what the mark is you need to know how to decipher prophecy. This much i can tell you, the Beast is not a specific person. In prophetic language the Beasts refer to kingdoms or nations.

The mark will not be some microchip that goes under the skin of your right hand or forehead like people think it is. The mark is a spiritual mark. The mark of the beast is your adherence or acceptance of the ways of the world and it's religious systems that are not of God. In short if you want the mark of the Beast, reject Jesus and then do not obey his laws, the laws of God which come directly from Christ. In order to obtain the seal of God on your forehead to protect you from the Beast's mark, you have to submit yourself to the Messiah and keep his commandments, the bible tells you what the seal of God is, it's keeping his laws! The jews tattoo his laws on their right hands and across their foreheads/brows but this is just a physical show, and not what he really wants.

In fact, many people already have the Mark of the Beast right now and many have the Seal of God. Your time of choosing is now. Will you choose God or will you choose the way of the world? The way of the world leads to Satan. If you choose God, you may end up being killed for it...but you will be resurrected into eternal life. If you choose the world and Satan you will survive for a little while longer but damn yourself for eternity. From the moment were born we are dying. It is appointed everyone to die, so either way you will die. The only 2 choices you get are who you choose to serve, there is no option C because option C leads back to Satan.

Right now were still in the time of probation when you may choose Christ freely unless you die first, but when probation ends you will not get a second chance. If you have not accepted Christ and his laws when the probation period for grace is up, you automatically get the Mark of the Beast and youre done for. The Ancient of Days will kill you for having the Beast's mark in his second coming.
edit on 30-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

ok... I guess I read wrong and hit "reply" in a hurry.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

You would essentially condemn yourself to either a criminal life...or no life at all. Literally.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In short if you want the mark of the Beast, reject Jesus and then do not obey his laws, the laws of God which come directly from Christ.

"his laws"?
Do you mean the Old Testament laws which he said would "remain till heaven and earth pass away"??

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In short if you want the mark of the Beast, reject Jesus and then do not obey his laws, the laws of God which come directly from Christ.

"his laws"?
Do you mean the Old Testament laws which he said would "remain till heaven and earth pass away"??

The 10 commandments of the Decalogue are what he preached about on earth. Those 10 laws sum up all 613 of the jewish laws.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I was raised in the Adventist church. I can not express the intense level of brainwashing that goes on in that particular religion. This whole 'Mark-of-the-Beast BS was my pastor's favorite talking points.

I want to tell all of you here that there is no such thing. It is fear mongering of the highest level. The only way to truly control people is through fear. The modern Christian church keeps the faithful in constant fear.

I consider myself an agnostic these days-but I worry for my Christian friends who are taken in by the 'apostles' words. If you're going to listen to what Jesus taught-listen to him, not his followers. John and company were only men, writing for their times, 2000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

While I really only interested in whether or not it would bother non-Christians to take a mark...

Again, its just not about taking the mark. Theres also the worship factor involved. i.e - Mark + worship of the beast.

If a global mark system to buy and sell was implemented, then imagine a poor Godfearing family of 5 living in a third world #hole. They take the mark out of desperation only to have something to eat. Will God send them all to hell, even if they did not "worship" whoever offered them the mark?

What if they refused the mark and went without food causing the deaths of their children, perhaps even infants. Will God send the adults of the family to hell for causing their deaths?

Honestly I have been thinking lately that the mark is money and the worship is greed. Something that is in your hand and in your head. All who are greedy and selfish have the mark of the beast and worship it. This is really just a thought. Man cannot worship both God and Money.
edit on 30-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Honestly I have been thinking lately that the mark is money and the worship is greed. Something that is in your hand and in your head. All who are greedy and selfish have the mark of the beast and worship it. This is really just a thought.

Nope. You have a fraction of what it is but youre missing the bigger picture.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
reply to post by Questioneer05

Allow me to give you your first star!

Although your translation is a little wonky, I think you are saying the same as me.

People might use the contents of Revelation as a game plan to make it seem like Armageddon is upon us.

Is that what you're saying?

hey thanks

english is my second language... i do a lot cause i learned it by myself when i was young jeje

is that what i'm saying... if people believe in it, it will be used as a weapon for creating fear among them...

Originally posted by Viking9019

you're not religious but you talk about hell? but you're a viking? what happened here?

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

The mark of the beast is your adherence or acceptance of the ways of the world and it's religious systems that are not of God.

do you think that by creating fear, you are workshiping your god?

by the way, isnt the ichigo's mask a bad thing? he is a hollow

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Man cannot worship both God and Money.
edit on 30-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

humans should not worship anything outside himself/herself

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I would allow it. No matter what happens, religions will always try to link present day events with their past to try to proove its validity. Either the "mark of the beast" is a lower back tattoo, a tounge piercing, a bluetooth on your ear, or a barcode on your wrist to pay for things, they would link them together.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join