The Mark of the Beast Question for Non-Believers

page: 1
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I am not really sure that this is a religious question mainly because I am interested in how non-believers would view taking a mark in order to buy and sell. Here is my question specifically for people who do NOT believe in the New Testament, Muslims, Hindu, Atheists, Agnotstics, Satanists, Gnostics are all welcome to answer. So, here is my question, IF all money became electronic and you were required to have an invisible 3D barcode on your hand or forehead in order to buy or sell, a form of identification so that others could not steal your money, would you take it. I am not talking about an RFID chip, just an invisible identification on your body proving who you were, you would need special glasses or a black light in order to even know it was there and in exchange, your identity and money would be safe.

You might wonder why I am asking non-believers, well, I already know that even many who claim to be believers would take it, personally, I would not; but, many will. I am not asking if non-believers would see it as the mark of the beast, it is more a question of whether or not you would allow yourself to be branded in order to buy and sell. Again, I am not looking for religious answers, more wondering how people would react or if they would react at all to the requirement. I think many people wouldn't care. In case you are wondering, the technology is currently available and has been tried out. Looking forward to hearing different peoples perspective. Peace.




posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I'm old enough to know better,If a bar code came up,i'm packin .....Magnets?or a Colt 45.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
I am not really sure that this is a religious question mainly because I am interested in how non-believers would view taking a mark in order to buy and sell. Here is my question specifically for people who do NOT believe in the New Testament, Muslims, Hindu, Atheists, Agnotstics, Satanists, Gnostics are all welcome to answer. So, here is my question, IF all money became electronic and you were required to have an invisible 3D barcode on your hand or forehead in order to buy or sell, a form of identification so that others could not steal your money, would you take it. I am not talking about an RFID chip, just an invisible identification on your body proving who you were, you would need special glasses or a black light in order to even know it was there and in exchange, your identity and money would be safe.

You might wonder why I am asking non-believers, well, I already know that even many who claim to be believers would take it, personally, I would not; but, many will. I am not asking if non-believers would see it as the mark of the beast, it is more a question of whether or not you would allow yourself to be branded in order to buy and sell. Again, I am not looking for religious answers, more wondering how people would react or if they would react at all to the requirement. I think many people wouldn't care. In case you are wondering, the technology is currently available and has been tried out. Looking forward to hearing different peoples perspective. Peace.


The mark of the beast is not any technology so no RFID etc its about Gods 10 commandments as satan want's to change them. Look at the Catholic Church commandments have been amended cos the anti-christ is the catholic church and satan will be in control and expect everyone to obey his commandments not Gods. Satan is not interested in technology nor God its all about the history of the bible. The only thing that was written by our Heavenly father God was his 10 commandments on stone and satan does not want people to obey them.

source
edit on 1/29/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: adding
edit on 1/30/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
even though i am a believer i think i might end up taking it. We kind of already need a social security card for lots of things as we speak. How much more different would a little barcode on our body be? I dont really see a big difference.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I would not...

Especially considering that is what revelation says... because i don't particularly believe in that book

edit on 29-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i think most people would care. And i don't see it as something that would catch on. There would be a large retaliation



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Catholic church has killed millions of christians etc and the Vatican are responsable its all in the bible. Did you know that the only people who can kill are the church as there is no law that has been changed. If they did it in the past I can see them killing more again.
edit on 1/30/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Regardless of the technology involved, it's more a symbolic gesture that you've moved over to the antichrist's side. You've given in and let yourself be marked in such a way that there's no going back once you've made the decision. I don't take the good book completely literally, but I am a believer, and there's a lot of scary symbolism in revelations that makes sense. The only thing is that it can make sense a million ways, and its warnings of what to look for can be very broad...



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I would immediately freak out and try to start discouraging everyone from taking such a mark. Any kind of thing like that cannot be good. Besides that, I was raised by Christians, so I know the story. And I may find myself converting back to Christianity if something like that ever happened.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightwingbadass
Regardless of the technology involved, it's more a symbolic gesture that you've moved over to the antichrist's side. You've given in and let yourself be marked in such a way that there's no going back once you've made the decision. I don't take the good book completely literally, but I am a believer, and there's a lot of scary symbolism in revelations that makes sense. The only thing is that it can make sense a million ways, and its warnings of what to look for can be very broad...


You are right about the symbols but what did our Lord wanted us to obey in the bible? Gods 10 laws as no one made them up and they came from only one true God



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Always wondered why the christian god or satan needed a "mark" to tell who is who, never made much sense to me.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
The Catholic church has killed millions of christians etc and the Vatican are responsable its all in the bible. Did you know that the only people who can kill are the church as there is no law that has been changed. If they did it in the past I can see them killing more again.
edit on 1/30/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)


Have you even read the bible firsthand? You do know that the catholic church was formed 300 years after Jesus' death right? That's a long time after the history written in either testement of the bible ended, and i'm pretty sure that the letters in the bible make no mention of any such thing. Catholics kill christians? Catholicism was the original christianity, the first church that based itself on the teachings of christ. While the catholic church has a checkered past, what you're talking about is so #ing nuts it doesn't even deserve this reply to set it straight...



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why would Christian mythology continue after all the Christians get rapture zapped into outer space or wherever the mythology say they're going to go?

I hope the rapture thing happens and I'm around to see it, because the world will be a much happier place with all the nosy, busy-body Christians gone.
Baby Jeebus, please hurry up and take your followers away!

Everyone is already 'marked' anyway. Social Security # here in the U.S. Can't work and thus get paid so you can buy food without it. You either have the # memorized in your head, or you pull out the card in your hand when a nice officer of the law asks what the number is.

It's in your head if you remember the number, the 'mark', or in your hand on the card if you don't.

If it came down to physical tattoos, so what? Gimme.

But

If the Christians are all gone and raptured, why the hey should anyone care about their mythologies anyway?

edit on 30-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet
 


The god of christianity (my god) does not require you to mark yourself, as far as i can tell. In fact, deuteronomy in the bible forbids tattooing, or "marking yourself for the dead" (i don't know what the latter means, probably needs historical context). The only mark mentioned in revelations is a mark that god places on the forheads of his followers, which is only visible to other true christians so that they will know who to trust.

The mark of the beast, or the antichrist, is more of like signing yourself over to the devil's side in such a way that there is no turning back.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 




You might wonder why I am asking non-believers, well, I already know that even many who claim to be believers would take it, personally, I would not; but, many will. I am not asking if non-believers would see it as the mark of the beast, it is more a question of whether or not you would allow yourself to be branded in order to buy and sell. Again, I am not looking for religious answers, more wondering how people would react or if they would react at all to the requirement. I think many people wouldn't care. In case you are wondering, the technology is currently available and has been tried out. Looking forward to hearing different peoples perspective. Peace.


Its not just about accepting a mark. The parts about the "mark of the beast" also indicate that people who accept the mark would also worship the beast.

How do you suppose the atheists are going to perform an act of worship? What about the muslims and the jews who know fully well that only the unseen God is to be worshipped? Who also believe that God can never become a man?



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe it already has. How do we know that the mark isn't an idea planted in our heads. For all we know capitalism is the "beast" that is leading us into damnation.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rightwingbadass
 



When Israel committed spiritual adultery, God called His Church a “WHORISH WOMAN”, a “HARLOT” and a “WHORE” and accused her of “ADULTERY” and “FORNICATION.” See Ezekiel 16:26-32, Jeremiah 3:1-25. The Catholic Church is guilty of much worse than Israel. In a recent address to the nations, Pope Benedict caused a major uproar among many Churches as he referred to the Catholic Church as being the “MOTHER” Church and called for all the daughter Churches to come back to HER. A large percentage of the Churches today are called daughter Churches because they originally came from the Catholic Church. Sadly, many of the daughter Churches have also ignorantly inherited various false doctrines and this is why SHE is called the “MOTHER OF HARLOTS” and is Mystery Babylon. See also the origin of Babylon and sun worship.


Source



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix
 


The way the bible tells it, everyone who deserves to go to heaven will be spared the seven (i believe) years of "tribulations". That doesn't mean all christians. I for one am a terrible christian. Back on topic, according those of us left will face trials and geopolitical shifts predicted through the symbolism of revelations and we will be forced to choose a side. Many will die for choosing god's side, but they go to heaven and in the end those who took the easy route and chose to serve the beast get thrown in hell and it seems everyone else gets judged on a case-by-case basis. And I'm telling this to you theoretically, not saying its true but saying that it's what the bible says. So don't go off on some douch-ey tangent just cause i'm a christian.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n
 


Dear sj0roi0n,



Its not just about accepting a mark. The parts about the "mark of the beast" also indicate that people who accept the mark would also worship the beast. How do you suppose the atheists are going to perform an act of worship? What about the muslims and the jews who know fully well that only the unseen God is to be worshipped? Who also believe that God can never become a man?


While I really only interested in whether or not it would bother non-Christians to take a mark. I was trying to find out if it would bother them to be required to take a mark to buy or sell from their perspective; but, I will answer your question about worship. The word refers to seeing something as worthy of praise, of having value, an Atheist can quite easily worship, ;he can worship money, fame, power. There are people who worship the earth.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rightwingbadass
reply to post by nineix
 

So don't go off on some douch-ey tangent just cause i'm a christian.


Someon that calls them selves " right wing bad a$$" that does not want to defend their religion...imagine that...



new topics
top topics
 
3
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join