It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE female Moose jumped my fence today. (Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i would get out my cerimonial kukri that is used to behead water buffalo, draw a circle in the snow, and challenge it to a duel.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Maybe she jumped the fence to get away from an "overly excited" male moose.

Or is it too soon for rutting season ?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

That or she saw Jebi coming!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
That's an amazing video thanks for sharing. Im from the UK so no chance of me getting one in my garden although my mothers next door neighbour ( they live in Somerset countryside) awoke to find a heard of cows in their large garden.
edit on 30-1-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
awww can we keep it?

Where abouts are you from?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Thought the name gave it away

South Central Alaska.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yea, Alaska has had a serious moose problem since the record snow. One has effectivly destroyed my fence (which will have to be replaced in spring) from jumping and such......I have apple trees in my back yard.

Hittin one with a car is like hittin another car in general. I think we're up to 260 moose fatalities this winter? Funny, winter aint over yet...for snow...or angry moose. They come out of the hills when its butt cold, and with this much snow..they don't have much to eat. Saw a yearling nosing through the trash....they are hungry and dangerous.

Wish they allowed hunting in the city limits.....moose is good eatin.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

That's an ignorant comment dude.What do you think most people just shoot instead of just enoying an animal in doing it's thing? Anyway,op,thanks for sharing,that is one beautiful moose.And she does appear to be huge. You're lucky to be able enjoy such a creature.
all I get in Florida is snakes and gators

edit on 30-1-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Aww come on.......gator meat is good too...so is snake if you cook it right......So lemme ask....how do you feel about hamburger?

Im being sarcastic......your right dude must love trees.....
edit on 30-1-2012 by BooKrackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BooKrackers

Aww come on.......gator meat is good too...so is snake if you cook it right......So lemme ask....how do you feel about hamburger?

Im being sarcastic......your right dude must love trees.....
edit on 30-1-2012 by BooKrackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I was going to ask why they didn't allow hunting of them if there is an overpopulation problem at the moment. I'd rather see things like Moose and deer hunted and eaten than hit by cars and starved to death.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by llpoolej

So would I, if they opened up the foothills to hunting at least that would offset the high cost of food in alaska. Everything, and I do mean everything is barged in by container ship or actual barge...to include 90% of the food.

It would keep meat on the table for sure. Alas, but Alaska is a unique state.....its liberally conservative..LOL

People that live here forget even that it is indeed a frontier on a scale that dwarfs most. I hate to see good meat go to waste. They come out of the mountains to escape heavy snow, wolves, and richard simmons...only to be hit by cars, trains, and such. When hungry they are worse than bears. They'll waffle stomp a mud hole in ya in a few seconds flat. They weigh as much as my ex-wife and can cause serious harm when pissed or stressed.

They walk right up to your front door, hang out at school bus stops, get tangled in yer xmas decorations, get drunk off fermented crab apple trees, and they can be an over all nuisance.

Great video though...im surprised no one was holding a scoped rifle yelling through a bullhorn "ITS COMIN RIGHT FOR US!"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Heh, sorry english is not my first laungage......I was agreeing with you......

Bad english is my first tounge........

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Such a pretty girl! She looks well fed. Good to know moose are making it with the climate in flux. How fortunate you are to have such a treat!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Wow, that was really cool. I'm an animal addict. Here in San diego I am just thrilled to get Blue Jays and Squirrels. I feed them everyday. If that big girl was in my backyard, I'd surely be whipping up some banana pancakes for her. She is amazing. Please tell me people don't shoot those Moosez

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
shes cute, can i keep it?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I was waiting for the scene where you shoot it...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great post! lets just hope our environment allows these animals to stay around for a while!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Did you feed it? A bale of hay and a salt block might make it your friend forever.

This is a good spot for an educational message.

Feeding wild animals is a death sentence for the animal. They come to rely on food provided by humans instead of their natural feed. They start to frequent areas around people and loose their natural fear. Moose being even more dangerous than the Brown Bears have to be put down when that happens.

In a normal winter here I average a Moose in my yard about every day. This is the first winter in years I've not had a Cow and Calf around all winter long. I generally see them in the mornings in my yard or nearby.

I had a neighbor a few years ago who had a crab apple tree in their yard and they put up a 7 foot fence to keep the moose out. It did no good at all, they just go right over the fence. That poor tree never stood a chance.

Here the Moose are just residents and people don't even react when they see them. We know to leave them be and that they are the most dangerous animal. You get between a Cow and a Calf and your in serious trouble. Even though Anchorage is nearing 300,000 people now you see Moose even in the downtown area now and then. I get three or four a winter in the parking lot at my office. Except where the Wolves are out of control, the Moose are thick as flies and overpopulated in most area's. Some areas where they let the Wolves overpopulate though they wreak havoc with them by killing the Calves.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Nice video Alaskan Man, its nice to see such wonders. That moose looks so relaxed, like he's at home and doesn't have a care in the world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join