It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The good parts of mind control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't really know where to put this, so if a mod wants to move it, thats fine by me.

Any way, let me start by saying that I am NOT an advocat of mind control, I believe in freedom of mind and thought ect ect.

That being said, I think global mind control could be a REALLY REALLY good thing if implemented properly.

Imagine no more wars, no more negativeity towards fellow man. Imagine how much could be accomplished! Every person on earth working toward a greater good!

The greatest minds in the world all working together on projects instead of for different countries. Everyone would have plenty of food. There would be no more homeless. The list goes on and on.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
We should test Mind Control system on Gaza Strip, there we will really see weather it works or not. Hell if mind control can't stop them from fighting nothing can.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It won't affect me, I have a tinfoil helmet.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
interesting idea, but what about the guy who dogdes the mind control? then takes advantage of everyones good will.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   

That being said, I think global mind control could be a REALLY REALLY good thing if implemented properly.

Great theory in essence. Who would you trust to implement it properley?
What if the mind control was covertly manipulated? Just some thoughts.

I still like your idea though

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I think global mind control could be a REALLY REALLY good thing if implemented properly.

I knew it, you are evil.

I compare mind control to murdering someone, then stealing their body for use in a puppet show. How is this a good thing? So everyone acts the way someone else in a high chair wants them to act?

[edit on 15-9-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
the only way it might work is if the one who impliments it one everyone uses it on his or herself afterwards, but who would really do that? if so, then we'd all be trapped/screwed. come on, freewill is what makes life interesting and livable, sure it creates tragedy, but it also blooms love. its all up to us, except that not a lot of people, ie; those in high places, are making not so good choices for the rest of us. thats where we have to rise, but can or will we ever?? thats what i wanna know but probably never will. someone has to step forward, but who? and if ever. dfh out.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i dont see anything good about the use of mind control in 1984. why would it be different in real life? i dont trust anyone to wield such power over the masses in a moral manner

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I think global mind control could be a REALLY REALLY good thing if implemented properly.

Any thoughts?

You propose a facist utopia where the reason for life is dictated.

I think part of the point of us being here is to experience this thing called: 'free will'.

Mind Control? No Thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
eh. wars aint so good, but negativity does have its benefits. aside from one person feeling better, its how one gets ahead. if u cared so much about everyone else, u wud give all your earnings away, ud do things only for the benefit of others, and u urself wud fail. nice idea, but it comes out like communism. everyone is equal, equally poor.

personally, im down with negativity. i like being able to think.

'Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.' mind control is pretty goshdarn absolute.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
even brave new world had classic mind control! Remember the motif in that "community, identity, stability" lol
and how they were brainwashed as children?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Mind control is just like every other technology, concept, ideal etc that mankind has come up with. In the right hands, in an ideal world, it would do wonders. But in the wrongs hands, in an imperfect world, it would do more harm than good, and unfortunately, we live in an imperfect world, and I don't see that ever changing, or at least not for a long, long time. We're still in the "ok, so how can we adapt this to blow stuff up" stage..

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
the greatest part of mind control would be being able to say "it was me it was my master" in any situation...why were you speeding?....why are you late for work?...why did you hide my ca?r...why did you set that hospital on fire?...why did you pee on the neighbors dog? IT WASNT ME!!! IT WAS MY MASTER!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I would become a "sense offender".

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmilici
I would become a "sense offender".

Equilibrium is a kick a$$ movie. I suggest anyone who hasnt seen it to see it, especially since it's relevant to the topic at hand. Anyways. I'm gonna think about this one before I give my response.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
look to make a great project like that it would take years and years the resources would be massercur!

and how will scinetest actual make a big anuff wave to make it so everyone is under it and how will people dodge this how will we know how many people actually have it how many people could die from havoing the sensour planted in there head.....

im not being negative but hell thats pretty crazy idea to do

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hmmm...maybe the mind control can come in the form of a global hypno-trance broadcast. Only instead of "stop smoking" its "stop burninating all the peoples". And only those who meditate or are current ATS members would be properly attuned to recieve this, which kinda eliminates the whole free will thingy...or maybe it doesn't =)

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am not for involuntary mind control. Now if I control my own thoughts and mind, that is ok, but real peace will only take place when everyone decides for themselves to control their own minds and actions. I definately understand what you are saying, and why, but humans should never be controlled this way. I would hope that everyone has the intelligence to respect others and not try to harm anyone, nor control other's minds. No one can say what is in the concious of another. Working with one another would gain much more ground than making others their robots.

Always with respect,

No1nptkulr

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How do we know we're not allready the victims of mind control?

THink about the vast potential for humanity. Instead of sitting on my computer, pondering starting my homework, I'd much rather be running around doig what I want. We wear clothes, speak in language, and, well, have a thing called being politically correct.

How would the mind control be any different from what it is now? To me, it seems like all we're really missing from the equation is a sence of unity, which will most likley only come when we're presented with an enemy.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It could be used for great good and it could be used for great evil. Nobody would know because whos to say whats good and whats evil

top topics

join