It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba rejects US hurricane relief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
US: "Here's 50 grand to recover from Charley."

Cuba: "Go F--- yourself!"

havanajournal.com
Cuba on Sunday slammed the US offer of $50 000 in disaster assistance to help recovery efforts from Hurricane Charley as "totally unacceptable," calling the amount an insult to the hundreds of thousands of Cubans hit by the storm.

"The offer of $50 000, and above all its obvious political manipulation, is a new insult and a new offense to the hundreds of thousands of Cuban families who suffered damages in this natural disaster," the foreign ministry said in a statement published in the online edition of the Juventud Rebelde newspaper.

"The island's people and government find totally unacceptable this cynical and hypocritical offer by the United States government to ease the effects of Hurricane Charley," it said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have to admit, 50 grand is kind of a paltry sum.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
That is somewhat insulting. While I would think anything would help, I can understand why they were insulted after the aid we give other countries. $50,000 is less that some single families in Florida got for homes that were destroyed. Sounds like an intentional *screw you* to Cuba.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow...who had the nerve to write that check!? $50,000?!

That's like a car dealership saying - "Tell ya what...I'll give a break on the price...I'll drop it by $.00235! Hows' that sound?!"

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Congratulations to mean, dirty, miserable, tyrant Fidel Castro.
Takes one dictator to know another.
Why take it and later be labeled "ungrateful"? Enough of that.
Good for Castro

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Its quite simple, Kerry's wife has been sending millions (well, not millions) to Castro. Castro should use that money for the people....yeah right...like that's going to happen. What i don't get is that Kerry's wife should know Castro is going to keep the money for himself....

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Good on you Cuba! After all the US has done to that country, I would tell 'em to stick their "aid" where the sun don' t shine!

Infact the "aid" whould probably include exploding dollars, knowing the US record on Cuba.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The US has done nothing to Cuba, Fidel Castro has done away with the country. If anyone is to be at fault, give it to who really deserves it.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I would like to point out that the Cuban Government since the revolution has done much more for the Cuban people than most other govts in Latin America and this is without access to its traditional market, the United States.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I understand (from Discovery Channel documentarys that they have a very good health care system. And even I ( USMC) think it was insulting to offer this sum to help them out.

top topics

join