It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’re on the brink, warns Greece ahead of summit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Greece is so far resisting a takeover. I think Greece is partly responsible for where they are but I have to say WTG Greece!
www.rferl.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 30-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

The whole system is not working, they want everyone skint because they canthen offer the alternative that they already have planned!. But before that can happen everyone has to be floored to ensure thatpower is kept to the few rather than the masses actually having self determination.

It has been this way for far too long and there needs to be a change, a change that put's human beings first rather than self serving banks and corporations. Money issued as debt will never work, it is what enslaves us all.

some of the wealthiest people in the world, Rockerfellars ,enuf said.(cant call them human beings) Half of the worlds resources tied up in 1 family,look no further there is the problem.

Self determination, make politicians actually work for the communities they serve instead of working to fill their own pockets.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I figure something is fixing to shake down- that's why the big Facebook IPO- to cover it all up.
It will prop the markets up and keep people from noticing that national debt can cause a country its..well...country.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And?

Get out of the euro and tell the banks to suck it.

Pull an Iceland.

I doubt the Greek people want the alternative... aka being slaves to the bankers.

I agree. And then be declared bankrupt and have a currency worth absolutely zero. It will happen either way but at least that way it would be the choice of Greece rather than the EU / IMF when to pull the rug.

Be under no illusions though, Greece is a totally different situation to Iceland. No happy ending whatever happens, just pain, pain and more pain for at least the next 15 years.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDown

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Greece should tell the banks to piss off.

I wonder how Iceland is doing? I believe it told the banks to buzz off. If they are doing alright, then maybe Greece should follow in their footsteps.

They are doing OK right now, remember, their economy collapsed last year. only thing I would invest in, in Iceland would be a data centre

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, that's pretty much it in black and white. Every single person from the ECB, IMF, and anybody in the German government advocating for this is, in my opinion, guilty of economic terrorism.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I hate to do this, but playing devils advocate i am trying to see it from their point of view (and to an extent, from mine - as a member of the EU Britain will be coughing up more cash).

What Germany is basically getting at is that all of the money aimed at Greece has basically been flushed down the toilet as Greece has failed to live up to what it promised in return for more cash. The point has to come when you say "enough is enough".

Reading between the lines, i would say that time has come now. The Germans know that Greece would never opt for that option so they are basically forcing them to admit that they are screwed and to end the charade.

Bad news for Greece whatever.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

It isn't just Greece. This will happen to every nation. There is no salvation for any country. We either have to bail each other out and remain in everyone's debt, or come together under one giant nation... i.e. New World Order.

That is the only option, other than evolution.

But I do feel bad for these guys. Greece is a major source of ancient history and architecture...what will happen if the country fails?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

It isn't just Greece. This will happen to every nation. There is no salvation for any country. We either have to bail each other out and remain in everyone's debt, or come together under one giant nation... i.e. New World Order.

But I do feel bad for these guys. Greece is a major source of ancient history and architecture...what will happen if the country fails?

We will rise again!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
NEVER blame the Greek masses.

They are only ordinary joes like you and me, with only common human aspirations. They only seek to live and love in peace.

It's their unconscionable leaders whom had misled them and today - the consequences of this betrayal by the leaders and the rich elites to the masses, either through corruption or economic ineptitude.

It is a horror when the masses are made to pay for the mistakes of the unconscionable few. My heart weeps for the greek common masses.....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by Starchild23

We will rise again!

glad to hear and please tell the banksters to stick it where the sun don't shine, on their way out the door.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I think the whole collapse isn't too far away. The language in the mainstream media is changing, I heard a fella on the ABC (National broadcaster in Australia) discussing whether or not Europe would 'blow.'
Normally our media is always talking about how our overpriced housing will grow in value.
Spain's problems are not budgetary, but current account. And on that matter, even with our mining boom and huge trade surplus, we are knackered. We run a current account deficit, paying back foreign loans that financed our property bubble.

Got 6 months food, bought $300 of heirloom - not suicide - seeds, have water, gas and power in credit for a year by paying extra.
Hold on, this is going to get nasty.

And for those who have posted comments about refugees here in Australia, have you ever met one?
Have you worked with them, helped them to learn English, listened to their stories? Helped them learn our ways; little things like how to interpret slang?
If not, you have no right to comment on them.
Have worked extensively with refugees, when they are welcomed, forgiven for their lack of English and just respected as humans, they are amazing.
As an Aussie, deeply embarrassed by some of the comments on this forum.
We caused wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, bring back Malcolm Fraser and his policy to accept all refugees.
Boat people aren't scary; they are risking their lives for a better life.
Let them all in; nearly everyone currently here would have in their ancestry refugee status; either famine families from Ireland, which I am one from 1851, sent criminals from England or from post ww2 immigration.

So I apologise for some of the deeply racist comments on this forum; we aren't all racists. I love getting on a train and hearing all the different languages; makes me proud to be Australian.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Colbomoose because: typographical error

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Don't get me wrong I see that and so do a lot of others but why can't the majority? I can't see why a country would give the rights to print the countries own money when the country can do it themselves without inflation and an unpayable debt it just pisses me off.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Guess how much debt the U.S. would have if we printed our own money? None. Zero. Why do we have to keep raising the debt ceiling when we don't even have to have debt at all? Even Ron Paul doesn't have it completely right. Yes, sound money is what he wants but it doesn't have to be backed by gold. Who controls the money is much more important than what that money is backed by.

The Federal Reserve and all other central banking systems have to go. And you can't tell me that our government and president don't know how it works. They do. Too much power and control would have to be forfeited to go back to a sound economic policy and those who have that power and control will not give it up quietly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join