It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Do not fight Occupy. You will not win.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

I've said it before, that if Occupy were hypothetically not capable of accomplishing anything else, they have already, absolutely succeeded in creating a public relations tar pit for police on a global level, particularly in America.

Ironically enough, this is also playing directly into the cabal's hands. They want a scenario where the public are made sufficiently furious by police brutality, that police will begin to be shot on sight. If that starts to occur, the cabal will basically have been handed a blank check, to sign whatever autocratic legislation into effect that they want.

I am able to sympathise more with the police, than it may have sounded at times in the past. They are in a no win situation; they are often ordered to perform repressive actions by generally corrupt, cowardly civilian officials, and said police then generally end up putting themselves in harm's way as a result, usually for an outcome that does not benefit either them or the protesters, and only earns them the hatred of the public.

The secret orders need to end. We need to stop seeing situations where a large group of police have been ordered to brutalise protesters, only to then receive statements from Mayors who sound like the proverbial deer caught in headlights, saying that they neither issued the orders themselves, nor were given any information about this. Either they do rule their city, or they don't. If they do, then they need to get to the bottom of that, and stop it from happening.

The police themselves also need to become far more highly disciplined. They need to learn to use the shields they are issued. Seige tactics do not imply offensive action; they imply holding the line, and that is all the police are ideally there to do.

Brutality will win individual engagements, but it will NOT win the long term war for credibility in the eyes of the public. Public opinion of the police as an institution, or as a very concept, is already at a record low level, on a global basis; hatred of the police has almost come to be considered a moral imperative. If there is anyone within any national force with either integrity or a brain, they need to realise that the reputation of their institution cannot afford to get much worse than it is, at this point. If it does, being a police officer is going to start to become a literally deadly occupation; much more so than it has been.

That is not something that I want to see. It is truthfully not an outcome that anybody should look forward to; and if we want to avoid it, police everywhere need to start considering their actions a lot more carefully.
edit on 29-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I would disagree with you as they lost their credibility here in Boston and might I go as so far to say they were accepting donations for the Green Way where they camped out and raised some money however it was not passed on to Boston. Most people in Boston were getting sick of them due to a few possibly bad apples dealing drugs, crapping out in public and a couple acting like boobs...now amplify that one hundred times with the riots and the occupiers will be the ones that lose credibility..it is expected in riot situations that some officer will always lose his or her cool but this is the OWS really big introduction into the realm of protesting...it's just a matter of time before they are considered domestic terrorists when they start looting and injuring more cops...we all new that things would get progressively worse so you are not the first to say or post this thought...OWS has already lost credibility with this salvo of arrests..
edit on 29-1-2012 by chrismarco because: typos

edit on 29-1-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Better look at what is going on in Oakland. The feds are stepping in because of "brutality" by the OPD. This is the first step in assigning troops to do crowd control. Then we will see where the military stands me thinks.
At any rate the rough crowd control is hardly an anomaly as it happens in almost every Occupy venue.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

Well put..ahh I love the smell of a curfew when the military steps in...cause that's great for businesses

new topics

top topics

join