It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pirate Bay Proudly Promotes Paulo Coelho... As The Latter Proudly Promotes the Former.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
In those dark, murky waters where ACTA is in the process of subrepticely being enacted beyond any rule of fair democracy in about thirty countries, The Pirate Bay decided to freely promote some artists by linking to their work from its very frontpage : that, ladies and gentlemen, is The Promo Bay !

Well, today it's just Paulo Coelho's turn. The world-wide best-selling, acclaimed author of The Alchimist, has decided to support The Pirate Bay's free promo campaign by simply canditating - just as any artist could or should do it - to become the temporary doodle of the free, public, biggast n'da whoole univerze torrent tracker...

But let's give him the mike, as per his very own words from his own very blog as linked to from The Pirate Bay :

Promo Bay
by Paulo Coelho on January 28, 2012

The Pirate Bay starts today a new and interesting system to promote arts Do you have a band? Are you an aspiring movie producer? A comedian? A cartoon artist? They will replace the front page logo with a link to your work. As soon as I learned about it, I decided to participate. Several of my books are there, and as I said in a previous post, My thoughts on SOPA, the physical sales of my books are growing since my readers post them in P2P sites. Welcome to download my books for free and, if you enjoy them, buy a hard copy – the way we have to tell to the industry that greed leads to nowhere.
Love
The Pirate Coelho

- Gangway for the Captain !
- Aye Aye Sir !

The Pirate Bay
The Promo Bay

Paulo Coelho's Blog

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I absolutely love TPB. This is how media works now. This is how it MUST work. It's a whole new language. Marshall McLuhan would tell you that.

join