It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Already a thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I hate this more than anything, how about more information can be found here?

I am interested in what’s on everyone mind at this moment, that why I set my ATS browser page to refresh every so often; I’m not interested in something posted two days ago or longer, and stop telling me to use the search…I will use it when I’m researching something and what to know more information or to get more insights into a subject mater. I do respect the other posts, but for heaven’s sake stop the already a thread here crap… how about more information can be found here… much better and gives respect at the same time..

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
More information can be found here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Most of the time when I come upon such threads, I wasn't even aware there were threads already on it. If it wasn't for the newer thread, I wouldn't have known about the others.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
what I do is have my browser open to the new topics page, it automatically loads. I then open each thread as a new tab. It works for me.

And I agree about that, I may not look all the time or it might be a few days til i come back, so if there isn't a new thread I may not know about it.

Except the strange noise threads; they seemed to have gone away, but still there were tons of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Thank You...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yeah hardout, like if I have a theory I want to put it to people in real time, not bury it in some thread from years ago which no one will then see. I wonder how much stuff has been buried like that

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
In other words, you can't be bothered to do your own research and you want other people to do your research for you. That's just laziness. This week we've had about one DOZEN threads on the Baltic Sea find just because people don't even bother to take a look and see if someone beat them to it. This clutters up the board, frankly, and disperses the collective knowledge we may have about a subject.

If you do some research, maybe someone will listen to what you are saying, but if all you can do is gripe about the fact that someone else has already started a discussion on your favorite topic, that's really too bad. You just got beaten out again. Get over it and come up with something original next time.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I read these forums almost daily. When Im not home, I get "some" articles on my phone for my enjoyment.

The problem is... I see the same article over and over and over and.... Thats why it's a problem. If I kept seeing those stories redone on a daily basis as I have seen just this week alone with the baltac UFO thing, then I would probably kick this site aside from boredom. Much of the duplicated posts are almost always from the same day, just a little ways down the list. These last few days, and still again today, I've seen someone post that same article no less than 12 times and it's been here for quite a few weeks now. I always click them expecting new information but it's always the same thing.

Now maybe you can see how confusing it becomes and how pointless it is when this happens. I rather the mods stay on top of this so I can at least see new content. But even still, I keep seeing these blasted threads over and over again, even though they get closed, they still clutter up all the news stories that get pushed down due to multiple threads on the same subject.

No offence to you, as it's happen to me a few times, but I always use the search function now. If you dont find something, try using the information about the topic. Try to narrow it down to a few main words and I promise you, you will see if the thread is here already or not. If you read it in the news... Chances are, someone just posted it here or it's been posted since it hit mainstream, and often even before.

Sorry, we are news junkies.. If ya wanna be in the race, ya gotta be fast and you have to search like the rest of us thread makers. Some do it for the stars and flags.. I do it for the new information and descussions.

Good luck! ...and dont take it personal.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
Yeah hardout, like if I have a theory I want to put it to people in real time, not bury it in some thread from years ago which no one will then see. I wonder how much stuff has been buried like that

How can something get buried if there is a search feature? That doesnt make sense. It's not like it goes down hidden under a million posts. You can always search what you're looking for. So "buried" is not a proper term. If it were buried, you would have to move stuff off the top if it just to get to it. Not so here.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

i second that motion...

top topics

join