It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Sky/Moon/Stars

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Came across "the Sky is now a hologram theory" a while ago and thought nothing to it...

However, over the weekend, was at my favorite lookout which is an awesome view of the night-sky up high on a hill...
There was not a cloud in sight and funnily enough, the Moon wasn't in sight either...

Like legit, where ever I looked, the Moon was nowhere to be found and this lookout is on top of a hill, so there isn't anything that could obstruct the view...

Not to mention, I witnessed 3 stars just flicker and disappear lol


Few YouTube searches,
(www.youtube.com... 1l433l623l0.1.4-1l2l0)

Many clips that show the sky having problems, now they may be doctored in, however after not being able to find the Moon at all, I'm starting to think, that the Sky isn't all that it seems...


Anyone have any stories/witnessing the sky playing up...

EDIT
Furthermore, this is my first post, so If I have done something wrong or put it in the wrong area, feel free to move it =)
edit on 29-1-2012 by 98yekiM because: Added the first post




posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I didn't think the moon was visible on a new moon I think its called. So that would explain that.

And you will see other things in the sky that Arnt necessarily stars.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Very interesting, especially those videos, genuine )others not so much( glitches in the matrix. If we had the technology, and we most certainly do, to experiment with holographic realities then I see it as naive to think the powers that be wouldn't implement these into society unknowingly. I've said, on a few occasions to multiple people that lately (late 2011-now) the sky just hasn't looked '"right". Most days I feel as if i'm staring at a blank blue screen, with the occasional trails or minute clouds. Interesting theory, definately.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There are times when the moon is not visible. A new moon is when the Moon is lined up between the Earth and the Sun. We see the side of the Moon that is not being lit by the Sun. We see no Moon at all, because the brightness of the Sun outshines the dim Moon.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wow... Are they teaching nothing about the moons movements in school these days?



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 98yekiM
 


MOON PHASES (link)
If you look, you'll see that The weekend of the 21st was a New Moon. In other words, the moon was entirely dark.

Disappearing stars: I recommend you become familiar with what satellites look like. They can be seen early evening for a few hours after sun down, and early morning a few hours before sun rise.
You see them at these times because the satellites will reflect sunlight from which their altitude is still visible.
As you watch them, however, they 'disappear' when they pass into the earth's shadow.

Become familiar with the difference between planets and stars, and what planets are where. Lots of people unfamiliar with the sky will freak out over Jupiter being so bright for whatever reason.
You can download an app for your smartphone, if you have one, that lets you point your phone at the sky where the app will tell you what you're aiming at.

Learn about comets, meteorites, and bolides.

Enjoy.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Wow... Are they teaching nothing about the moons movements in school these days?




they dont teach much of ANYTHING in schools these days...

care to edumacate us?



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to
 


It really is a shame! What we need is teachers with passion, their passion is contagious and its this that gets the next generations brilliant minds into gear.

I despise the rigidly set system, it bores the teachers and that's a poison to a youths mind. Let them teach what they are passionate about and the other things kids 'need' to learn fall into place. I had a teacher who was a mad keen fisherman, everything he taught was based around fishing! He had a mini fishing line in class and he would cast his 'fish' (soft toy on the line) to the person he wanted to answer. We learnt about circumference for instance with him holding the fishing rod up and us walking the line around in circles. English was stuff the fish said in the 'pond' (he painted a pond on his blackboard). Best teacher I ever had.



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Wow... Are they teaching nothing about the moons movements in school these days?


Care to educate me, if it isn't too much trouble...
I'm Intrigued...
I was just under the impression, that if you looked up, you should be able to see the Moon...
And to point out what the hill is like, it is legit like this
__/\__
Obviously, I was right at the top point...



Originally posted by Paulos
There are times when the moon is not visible. A new moon is when the Moon is lined up between the Earth and the Sun. We see the side of the Moon that is not being lit by the Sun. We see no Moon at all, because the brightness of the Sun outshines the dim Moon.


I am in Melbourne, Australia...
The time I was at the hill, was 11:00pm-2:00am, can that still take place, when it is late night time?



Originally posted by letusascendasone
Very interesting, especially those videos, genuine )others not so much( glitches in the matrix. If we had the technology, and we most certainly do, to experiment with holographic realities then I see it as naive to think the powers that be wouldn't implement these into society unknowingly. I've said, on a few occasions to multiple people that lately (late 2011-now) the sky just hasn't looked '"right". Most days I feel as if i'm staring at a blank blue screen, with the occasional trails or minute clouds. Interesting theory, definately.


Haha, I too sometimes look at the sky and think, WOW, this looks like it's a screen...
The cloud formations or just the sheer blue of it, looks to good to be true =P



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by 98yekiM
 


MOON PHASES (link)
If you look, you'll see that The weekend of the 21st was a New Moon. In other words, the moon was entirely dark.

Disappearing stars: I recommend you become familiar with what satellites look like. They can be seen early evening for a few hours after sun down, and early morning a few hours before sun rise.
You see them at these times because the satellites will reflect sunlight from which their altitude is still visible.
As you watch them, however, they 'disappear' when they pass into the earth's shadow.

Become familiar with the difference between planets and stars, and what planets are where. Lots of people unfamiliar with the sky will freak out over Jupiter being so bright for whatever reason.
You can download an app for your smartphone, if you have one, that lets you point your phone at the sky where the app will tell you what you're aiming at.

Learn about comets, meteorites, and bolides.

Enjoy.


Thanks for you link...

I was at the hill on the 28th...
So by that logic, the moon should have been half visible with the full outline...
Which I did see briefly yesterday (29th), before it again disappeared on me lol...

Jupiter looks awesome, so bright =)



posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 98yekiM
 


Ok, It doesn't quite work like the sky/moon in minecraft!

Sat, 28 Jan 2012*
Moon rise 06:28Am and set at 20:37 pm

So, it most likely was long gone!

Moon Rise-Set



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join