It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Arrested At Occupy Oakland Yesterday

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

edit on 2-2-2012 by LostOurTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I live in the bay area and let me tell you, I've support the occupy movement since it started. But the Oakland protest is starting to become self distructive. The whole point of this revolution is to bring change to us the people, the 99%. However the protest are turning into mob mentality. People are distroying the city which is almost broke now for clean ups and to hire more police to prevent another riot. This is money that could be used to help crime and go towards the people. It's not money that goes to the 1%. 17 small businesses have closed because no one wants to shop near the protest. the local economy is being destroyed because of angry protestors, isn't this what we are fighting against?? City hall and the YMCA had attempted breakins by protestors. I can understand City Hall, but does anyone understand what the YMCA was set up for? Poor families to have a peaceful place to have their children goto to help promote a positive childhood. HOW IS ANY OF THIS CONTRUIBITING TOWARDS THE GOALS OF OCCUPY WALLSTREET? it's just angry people finding a way to express their angry. But it's only making 99%ers look bad.

Now I am no way saying you deserved to be arrested, but fellow Oakland protestors need to understand they are not helping the movement by destroying their neighborhoods. By making the city go broke. We saw Vallejo fire all the police force and look what happened, the ice cream lady got shot by 12 year olds for her money. Vandalizing the only sanctity that poverished children have because all City fundings have been cut. An now there are 17 individuals who most likely lost their only hope of financial success.

This needs to end and proactive protest is what we need to promote. We need to learn from Martin Luther king jr and malcolm X. Violence never achieves greatness, peace does.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RightWingAvenger

I wonder if anyone has tried to contact NORML. I know they are more for marijuana rights, but when I was growing up throwing raves with my production company, my buddy was the president of the UCF chapter. They used to come out to all the events just to make sure that we were not shut down and had our rights taken advantage of. I even had a business card for their personal lawyer if I ever got in trouble. I still have a friend who is a representative in CA and a licensed grower. I will have to contact him and see what he thinks and where they stand on the issue.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To serve and protect the leaders, the cabals and the elitists is the motto

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostOurTheory
This needs to end and proactive protest is what we need to promote. We need to learn from Martin Luther king jr and malcolm X. Violence never achieves greatness, peace does.

Know that I was never violent and I was never in support of the violence that occurred. I skipped the "Eff the Police" march this past Saturday for that reason...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Awesome. We can only hope your are still in custody and receive a sentence comencerant with your ignorance.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Now that's sad. The police have become so crazed about the "Occuply Wall Street" that they have gone overboard. You had the perfect right to protest. Power to you.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join