It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Arrested At Occupy Oakland Yesterday

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What happened to the video. It has been removed?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Your "personal ideologies" are based on fantasy. Human nature will not allow for a utopian society no matter how hard you squeeze your teddy bear and hope for one. Also, you're wanting to mandate how people think? That alone is dangerous to a free society.

There are many possible ways to achieve the goals you set forth, but concentrating power in the hands of a few is NOT one of them. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Every thought a human being has is based purely on fantasy. Everything we experience, physically, mentally and emotionally is done so with electric pulses in our brain.

I did not say I want to mandate people's thoughts. Their thoughts are theirs and theirs alone and only they can decide what they believe. I also did not say I want "power in the hands of a few." When did I say that? Please, please, please read what people say on this website, and do not misinterpret it. Do not put your words as my own.

A so called utopian society would most likely arise from a knowledgeable people who understand the uselessness of violence, anger and confusion. They would understand the uselessness of material goods, things that dazzle and distract us until we're dead. In order for this to happen it would require people to forget their traditions and culture. It wouldn't be easy to do, but it would be a lot better than running around like we do now, shooting each over confusion and paper money.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse

..And

I do not want to drive a Honda, I'd like to drive a Lambourgini.
I do not want to drink coffee, I'd like to drink champagne.
I do not want to live in a house, I'd like to live in a multimillion dollar ranch.

What a whining self-important primadonna! You must have been one hellava spoilt brat!

I just read this post and the couple before it and I have to say, I WISH I was clawing a hole through my intestines with rusty scissors so that I might die and never again have to bear witness to your idiocy.

You want want want all of these petty goods. You want things for you and you alone. You want. The things I want, are things for all humanity. I want everybody to be happy, fed, free from fear. Is that called being spoiled?

Are you god damn serious?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

So why don't you call out the fraudulent banksters instead of these (possibly) misguided protesters?

It seems you don't understand how serious the situation is.

And from now on for every report of property damage during an American protest, we of course need to be wary that it isn't undercover police.
edit on 30/1/12 by Morg234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
the mass arrests will back fire on them as it is a great way for people to talk to each other about civil unrest. normally its hard to talk to the public because you never know who is warm to the idea but in jail you know you can trust them or at least no one is going anywhere so there can be a lot of discussion. as hunter s. thompson said, a lot of great books have been written in prison, maybe great conversations too!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopFearMongering
As other people have said, I thought we're done with this Occupy movement. It accomplished very little next to nothing. What change do you shirkers even want? I don't think any of you know. You're all drunk off the "change" word just like you were during 2008.

They know exactly why they are protesting. It's called fascism.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
the occupy movement was good in the sense that it showed the powers that be that if the people get pissed enough , they will come together as one .

other than that , a complete waste of friggin time . i actually thought it ended WEEKS ago.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by MemoryShock

were you witness to anyflash bang grenads?
did any explode near you (other than tear gas)?

was anybody hurt from the explosives used by police?

xploder

Near me is relative...the distance between the Occupy crowd and the Police was something ridiculous...like 200 yards...if that.

I got the full headache of it all...but I also say that I know what it feels like to subliminal imploration so the aggression of the moment was more than easy to 'meditate through'...so yeah...flash bang grenades were fired, I have a brief memory of a man on the ground but people were helping him and then their was police over running...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here's a link to the uploaded video that was removed, luckily i saved it and put it on my channel:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Note - The following day had nothing but trash and graffitti around City Hall. Something I am not comfortable with and something I did not participate in.

But to those who think that Occupy is over...think again.

The latest Occupy GA I encountered has solidarity from national to international...

To those reading this...Safety first.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012
Please, please, please show some brains in your actions!!! You have an important message to get out and you don't want to mess it all up by turning the public against you. We can fight this beast within the confines of the law.

I think we all know that there is a more important message here...Occupy is about Economic Disparity...Intentional Economic Disparity.

My message carries a bit further...remote controlled cumpulsion of behaviour...and we will cross that bridge, I hope, when we get there...There have been astounding correlations of late to personal thought and external action...I know that I do not understand but it is almost undeniable...

Satellites...they have my dreams and I struggle at times to behave and express...when it should be easy...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Memory, thank you for realizing that OWS makes a mess and thank you for not being a part of it..

I think a lot more people would jump on to the idea (if there even is one anymore) after reading this thread and doing some more research it seems like this is more of a communist movement than anything..

and lets face it communism doesnt work... someone said what I was about to in regards to "your a communist till you want to find a REAL job"

true story..

Hopefully you will get out of trouble since you know.... You aren't the average OWSer who leaves their rubbish around.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have an education and a well paying job and for the most part I support the "occupy" ideals. I do not support the idiots who destroy public property and throw things at police.

I think what could be a great movement is being sidelined by people who do not think about their actions, and just go with the group when it gets belligerent.
edit on 30-1-2012 by blahblah454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We need a Che Guevara guerrilla warfare type of movement, peace wont work ask John Lennon. The 1979 Iranian Revolution was epic as well. I think the fact Michael Moore was speaking at Occupy Oakland is enough to show how b.s this all is.
(OCCUPY the WHITE HOUSE)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

Oh you mean killing 10's of thousands of innocent men women and children...

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats the opposite of what we need!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by The X

The OWS movement changed what the media and people have been talking about.

BEFORE the Occupy movement, you couldn't turn on the TV without someone talking about the debt, austerity measures, or blaming poor people who got predatory loans for the mega trillions Wall Street misplaced.

AFTER OWS, they conversation changed to; "what are those silly people up to" for the shills and the fools who NEVER get what is going on and are always surprised when they find that rich people can be greedy and much things up... and of course some of the REASONABLE people saying; "hey, yeah, why aren't we dealing with corruption -- why is nobody going to jail for what happened and is still happening to our economy?"

>> All other movements have failed BECAUSE they had leaders. A leader is a figurehead, and you can ridicule Michael Moore or Al Gore, or the Tea Party spokesman. You can corrupt a leader. Or you can have the media pretend that Al Sharpton speaks for all black people.

The Status quo has always destroyed the reputation, bribed, manipulated or co-opted movements. The people I've listened to from OWS are pretty savvy, THEY know why they are there and you can figure that out merely by using Google. They also know about the provocateurs who try to sneak in and cause trouble with the police, and they've got these out of work mercenaries or off duty cops on numerous occasions.

>> To pretend that we can SQUEEZE teachers and people with marginal incomes for the Trillions our economy is missing, while the machinations of tycoons earns them extra billions on the public's back -- is I think the Delusional and Mass Hypnosis you should be looking for.

I see where you are coming from, but you missed my point.
The only time a revolution has really achieved something was when.....?
The french revolution co-opted by freemasons and designed from the start to give them what they wanted.
The closest i can get to a successful revolution by the people for the people would be spartacus, if he had been able to reach sicily, our history may be very different.
A great leader, altruistic and fighting for what he thought was right.
You mention about the profile OWS has brought to the news, but unjustness of the system was already a talking point.
The talking points in the news are there because it is in the script, they serve multiple PTB agendas.

Having someone to galvanise an ideal, to present a new way things could be, to enthuse people enough to fight for it, is the greatest thing a movement can have.

Without someone providing tactical knowledge and someone in whom people have trust enough and respect to fight for them, you have an un-coordinated mob.
To think that you could ever win anything against the government without tactical planning, cohesion, co-operation means you really haven't put any thought into it what so ever and are not taking it seriously.
Even if a revolution broke out around the world, in each local event people good and bad would be vying for control.
People require leadership to get anything done, even if it is one person at the head of a crowd calling the shots.
I have been there myself, at the reclaim the streets in salisbury during the mid 90's as 250 people came onto castle road roundabout and the traffic stopped, a military tank was caught in the traffic this became the focal point for around 80-100people who stormed it and climbed onto it.
After fifteen minutes i saw the police getting ready to baton charge the protest and to take the tank back.
At this point i managed to get the attention of those on the tank and shift their focus to something else, they all jumped down and started up castle road towards a car fair that just happened to be running that day. we then had a race with the police to get there first. hilarious, im not an armchair pundit, i have been there, more than once and in many places since i was 18 im 40 now.
An egalitarian approach to leadership is a waste of time, you cannot run an action by committee especially if everyone is on the committee.
do you really think that "Michael Moore or Al Gore, or the Tea Party spokesman" are there to effect change, or, to keep a lid on the status quo?.
Im not talking about this kind of leader, im talking about a leader who knows how to protect the organisation by pro-active leadership and strategy on the ground.
Ghandi is the perfect example, leadership is necessary.
And the moment you use violence or acquiesce to a single request it's over, peaceful protest only, even if it means chaining or supergluing yourselves to each other en masse to avoid the police making demands.
That requires a REAL want to see things done, and yes, it can hurt a lot.
we made sure we had videographers who remain impartial recording the event to stop police tearing our skin off with idiotic force.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
My message carries a bit further...remote controlled cumpulsion of behaviour...and we will cross that bridge, I hope, when we get there...There have been astounding correlations of late to personal thought and external action...I know that I do not understand but it is almost undeniable...

Satellites...they have my dreams and I struggle at times to behave and express...when it should be easy...

Could you elaborate on this a little?
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Its the flouridated water thats turning Americans into sissys. If people are scared of killing and death there will be no revolution. These "elites" obviously dont care about killing us, so lets give em a taste of their own medicine. (or we can continue to hold up signs......)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

The Spanish revolution was successful for two years at least, until the fascists took over.

Production greatly increased. Technicians and agronomists helped the peasants to make better use of the land. Scientific methods were introduced and in some areas yields increased by as much as 50%. Food was handed over to the supply committees who looked after distribution in the urban areas...

...Within workplaces wages were equalised and conditions greatly improved. Take for example the tramways. Out of the 7,000 workers, 6,500 were members of the CNT. Street battles had brought all transport to a halt. The transport syndicate appointed a commission of seven to occupy the administrative offices while others inspected the tracks and drew up a plan of repair work that needed to be done. Five days after the fighting stopped, 700 tramcars, instead of the usual 600, all painted in the black and red colours of the CNT were operating on the streets of Barcelona. With the profit motive gone, safety became more important and the number of accidents was reduced. Fares were lowered and services improved. In 1936, 183,543,516 passengers were carried. In 1937 this had gone up by 50 million. The trams were running so efficiently that the workers were able to give money to other sections of urban transport. Also, free medical care was provided for the work force...

libcom.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

its not being a "sissy" thing as you described... its the fact that this whole "revolution" yes its in quotes is kinda bunk... its about money.. its about PERSONAL greed... why would there be a revolution over greed?

Violence like that in this country would only destroy the very foundation of this country... and frankly... this isn't modern warfare 3

thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join