It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is developing new bunker buster bombs for Iranian nuclear sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I watched this on the CBS evening news last night. It really seems as though the main stream media is ramping up the propaganda for bombing Iran's nuclear sites, even if it won't work. The US is developing new deep earth penetrating weapons for the sole purpose of taking out Iranian nuclear sites. They're also converting an old war ship to a floating operations nerve center and parking it in the Persian Gulf.

www.cbsnews.com...

"The 13.6 ton Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) is the deepest penetrating 'bunker buster' currently in the U.S. arsenal, designed to take out fortifications built by Iran to hide their alleged nuclear weapons.

But a request has now been secretly submitted to Congress for funding to make a more powerful weapon."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"The US military has stepped up efforts to make their largest conventional weapon, the 13.6 tonne "bunker-buster" bomb, more powerful and capable of destroying Iran's most heavily fortified underground nuclear facilities.

The efforts have been speeded up as part of contingency planning for a possible strike against Iranian nuclear sites, the Wall Street Journal reported quoting US officials.

The move comes after Pentagon war planners concluded that their largest bomb isn't yet capable of reaching Tehran's nuclear weapon-making facilities buried deep underground."

ibnlive.in.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I happened to have this in my pic directory for another project I'm working on and thought it might be neat to share, as the OP links don't seem to show this view of it. It's quite a bomb..to say the very least!

I still don't quite get how this burrows down 200 feet...but I'll bet it's one impressive sucker if one isn't below it.

new topics

join