It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

got CLP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hey everybody, I was just going over my list and checking it 2ce and CLP came to mind. Then I thought what is the make up or combo of ingredients that make it up. So I did a google and well Breakfree has that secret under Ft. Knox gold pallets.
Have any of you come up with an alternative that is more affordable than $65 gallon BreakFree

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Lighter fluid.

Charcoal lighter fluid or Zippo fluid works as a good penetrating fluid.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Graphite.

Just grind up some pencil lead, works very well.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
My first suggestion is to find a weapon that doesnt crap where it eats. But many like them as well as the fancy star shaped cleaning pads and clp cans.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I had a 1979 CJ-5 jeep with a 304...I bought as a basket case..to restore. I had to uncease the engine. I took transmission fluid and put it on top of the pistons. I let it set over night. The next day I was able to break them free. I restored the engine, tranny and replaced the metal body with a fiberglass one...

Anyway, long story, short...Transmission fluid or any other type of fluid/lubricant is good to use. If your in a sandy area...use graphite...not a wet lube...wet lube in sand attracts build up, and causes jams or build up.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
all cpl is wd40 and graphite I gotta nuff of that stuff on my hands to look at it good it left tell tell grey crud on em

Its like that because with out the water displacement there's no point to a smooth action remington makes a good alternative called REMoil In a green can sold at any Walmart or sporting goods store.

hope this helps

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I would like someone to please explain to me what
this thread is talking about.What is CLP?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by rebellender

I would like someone to please explain to me what
this thread is talking about.What is CLP?

A lubricant.

Here is a link to their site.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have used baby oil,vegatabe oil,olive oil

Basically anything with oil in its name worked just fine as a lubricant in a pinch.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr

Basically anything with oil in its name worked just fine as a lubricant in a pinch.
Baby oil would be better than the others, since it is a mineral oil. Vegetable oil tends to gum up after a while. For a weapon, if using vegetable oil, it would be best to clean and reapply often.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Mineral Spirits

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ok are we speaking of break free clp as the OP referred to?
Because I know break free will not penetrate your primers and kill your rounds.
I do know that wd40 for guns is a big nogo as it will, as it is a penetrating oil.
Vegetable oils will harden and gum up whatever you use them on.
Graphite is fine but wears off fairly easy with use.
Some guns have been made so they could be fired dry.
See Glock.

(Edit)
I do not know how mineral oil aka baby oil would work however, I guess Ima do some looking.
edit on 31-1-2012 by g146541 because: add

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr

not in my bolt

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
hey guys thanks for all of your answers . I guess there is no substitute for the real thing. In a real world SHTH situation shooting would be at a very minimum and as for battle a quart of Break Free for the AR's. Or not. Any battle will be determined in about 100 rounds or less generally 3 to 10. As grandiose as our crowd is most of us are not Delta boys.

Thanks for all the suggestions M.S.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Semi-synthetic motor oil is pretty good lubricant for your guns and what-not. Break-free does not seem to put enough gas propellant in their small CLP spray cans.

I've heard on the grapevine that WD-40 is not a good lubricant for the actions in your guns; same goes for Rem-Oil.

Vagisil works in the Big Sandy from veteran report's from Iraq.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Erno86 because: added a couple of sentences

new topics

top topics

join