It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAF commander: Israel's aerial superiority is in danger !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
IAF Chief Major General Ido Nehushtan says that Israel's aerial superiority in the Middle East is in danger !!

He states that terrorists could get their hands on advanced weaponry from neighboring countries.

He blames Iran for some of these possibilities.

He does not mention if this weaponry threat is offensive or defensive.

He makes no direct "hints" as to WHO and WHERE these "advanced" weapons are coming from.

He offers no direct solutions either.

Published 21:18 29.01.12
Latest update 21:18 29.01.12
Haaretz

Israel Air Force chief Ido Nehushtan said Sunday that Israel's aerial superiority in the Middle East is in danger, since neighboring countries are being equipped with increasingly advanced weaponry which could end up in the hands of terrorists.

"The increasing presence of advanced weaponry in the Middle East poses a challenge to Israel's aerial superiority," he said. "This trend is being aided by Iran and challenges the IAF's aerial superiority, which is the force's key advantage."

Israel's aerial superiority is in danger

How Big is this Danger anyway ??

How Weak IS the IAF anyway ??

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is bull.

Iran/Syria got outdated anti-air weapons. Not to mention air forces.

The only ones that can threaten Israel are Egypt and Saudi Arabia. And no none of their hardware will end up in terrorists hands, it's too big.

``Terrorists`` won't steal F-16s or Patriot missiles.

Even the ``top hardware`` that Russia is providing to Syria/Iran is not enough to fight Israel air force.

The IAF chief said that despite Syria's turmoil, it is still purchasing advanced weapons such as planes and anti-missile aircraft worth billions.

BS. The planes Syria bought are planes for training. And the anti-air missiles they have been buying (Tor M-1) are total junk.

The only ``good`` stuff that Russia provided are the anti-sea missiles Yakhonts. That's it. It doesn't threaten the IAF.

The commander is fear mongering.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I believe he is bitching about the US sale of advanced fighter jets to the saudis.....
Though the sale of s 300 ant aircraft missiles to iran could also be troubling the good general.
maybe they just try to strongarm the US into giving them some raptors or other advanced planes.....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This guy is just blowing smoke up our wazoos to demonize Iran and mooch more money off the Americans at the same time. Israel is sinking to a new desperate low every single day

Their propaganda isn't even fooling the the right wing Christian fundamentalists anymore, I guess they figure if they repeat a lie enough times people might start to believe it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
the idf is still using f-16's and f-15;s.

when iran is hacking super top secret stealth drones and the u.s. had to retire the f-117 nighthawk because they were getting shot down during the kosovo war, the idf has no chance flying over iraq and reaching iran.

if they could they would have done it by now.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is bull.

Iran/Syria got outdated anti-air weapons. Not to mention air forces.

The only ones that can threaten Israel are Egypt and Saudi Arabia. And no none of their hardware will end up in terrorists hands, it's too big.

``Terrorists`` won't steal F-16s or Patriot missiles.

Even the ``top hardware`` that Russia is providing to Syria/Iran is not enough to fight Israel.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

I hate to correct you on this, but it's a very critical detail if it's missed. The Syrians are sporting Air Defense systems which rank just a bit off state of the art now in the form of the S-300 PMU1. It's been an off again/on again thing as to whether they would get the system in sufficient quantity to matter, but the Russians apparently have come through recently and given them the system. It's compared to the Patriot system the west uses and in some ways, it's actually superior. (360 degree track and engagement as opposed to limited fields for the Patriot systems)

Russia delivers S-300 to Syria

Things have changed quite a bit for both Iran and Syria in capabilities and what will be dealt with in just the past 6 months...and it's still changing. I wouldn't count out or look down on either nation as inferior when Russia is slipping weapons in the back door to Iran and right in the front door for Syria. It'll be one hell of a war if Obama or Israel go in assuming superiority.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well I missed that.

I'm not sure Syria really has S-300s... maybe it was just for the Russia Tartus base...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If i was ASSAD id be thinking about those Guys from POLAND,,, the whole Cabinet ,,, wow ,,air travel aint safe in that country as it is,,
just saying,, keep an eye,,,
just sayin,,

Me.

edit on 29-1-2012 by BobAthome because: tangled.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well I missed that.

I'm not sure Syria really has S-300s... maybe it was just for the Russia Tartus base...

Indeed... It's been easy to miss. The stuff happening over there just under the radar of the media is tough to keep up on but there is sure a lot of it happening on all sides.

I'm not sure how many systems they have, but I ran some graphics on ranges for the PMU1 variant as they are reported to have operational and from their borders it would literally carry the range to fire on IDF fighters as they lift off at their bases in central and northern Israel. It's really something else.

Iran is known to have 2-3 units from a back door deal out of Belarus and another nation.....which they seem to have used to reverse engineer it and make a domestic version with their own secret sauce added to it. That may be interesting or comical to watch in combat. Time will tell...but I wouldn't sell Syria short. Not for THEM...but for who is apparently taking a real serious interest in backing them recently.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

We already know where this "advanced weaponry" is coming from. Motha Rosshia who is trying to be another world power wannabe police force. This sh*t is going to ignite another cold war most likely, if not an outright major war. I think the major world powers started getting scared when all the rumors of WWIII started flying across the interwebs so they took a cold shower and backed off.

top topics

join