It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Game of Life (And Our Endgame)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Everything suffers due to ignorance, so it is ignorance that must be transcended, not hooves or tails or Orwellian societies. Those come with the destruction of ignorance. The way to the end of ignorance is meditation and self realization.

Unfortunately, as I keep saying (and everyone keeps ignoring), human nature does not allow these things.

This is why evolution is necessary. As long as we are still Homo Sapiens, we will continue to cling to our primitive past. We will continue to obsess over material matters, because that is what animals do. We are aware of metaphysical nature, to a certain extent. But our needs and instincts preside over everything.

This must change if we are to survive. But it cannot change while we are still Homo Sapiens. Our nature will not allow it. Have you ever watched solid rock flow like water? Have you witnessed fish crawling on land regularly?

No. Nature is hardwired...it is programmed to act a certain way. Our programming has not yet been updated entirely, which means we are caught between worlds. We are civilized, but we still fight. We are intelligent, but we still don't think half the time.

Everyone says "Oh, we don't need evolution. We need to do it ourselves." There is a problem with that. We wan to change our world, but our nature is impeding us. To progress, our fundamental nature must upgrade. Only evolution will do this.

You can't deny your nature to the degree required, for the amount of time required, to change the world. Only a complete upgrade will work; otherwise, you snap, ending up in exactly the same position as before.

Rubber bands will only stretch so far until they break, unless more material is added and the form adjusted. Nature is, at its roots, one of the most unbreakable laws. Our nature has begun to seek peace, but still demands chaos. If our world is to change, the crucial factor affecting it must change. OUR NATURE must change. What part of this is difficult to understand?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Evolution is not going to make your life better.
Why are you concerned with others, the planet, our species? It is your life that is alive now. How does it feel? If you felt at home with yourself, at peace within, wouldn't life be great?

Humans have this strange thing going on where they project their pain, disappointment, fear and anxiety onto the world and think that the world can be fixed. One day, someday (even after i am dead) it will get fixed.
If life feels sh1t, it is me who is feeling sh1t. I take the beam out of my eye and then i see the world as I am.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Humans are the only species that can be threaten with death. We fear death, destruction and loss. Because of this we make and watch 'survival' programs, we believe life is hard and bad, it is cruel. Darwin told us all about it, before Darwins famous book life was a lot different.
What if you knew that death was a lie?????

Life is not a game, it's a ride.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

it is because humans are babies of the universe, instead of being observers, controlled by a destined nature like most animals, humans urged, strove, evolved, to understand their nature, and to control them selves and their environment, these beings of life did not like living in ignorance, in the dark any longer, and so they defied death, cooperated, a proved to the universe that they can learn, progress and evolve.., to my mind humans were extremely rewarded with their effort, they now have much knowledge, science, and technology ( i mean EVERYTHING from architecture of buildings, homes, to energy grids, to vehicles of all kinds, everything!!!)
the reward like always, has been for them to discover, and choose, and decide.....

it was the hard work and struggle of men and women of the past, which produced children into the future, in hopes that civilization would be a better and brighter place,,. this sewing yielded the fruit of all possibility and potential we are now handed with at this time.... in an ultimately wise gods eyes, how can the actions of men in this position of potential and prosperity be looked at as anything other then childish, or the work and cowardice of a lowly animalistic creature.,,.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

We are controlled, not by nature though.
We are live stock:
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

yes but im speaking of the story of human kind in general... humans went from monkeys experiencing a life on this earth with little control, more like being pushed around by their nature.. to humans who learned to control themselves and their nature... i understand all about that kind of hierarchal control of human over human... but i know for a fact that that control can end any moment the controlled humans desiree...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join