It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Game of Life (And Our Endgame)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"You think life is just a game, don't you?"

Well...I would argue the use of the word 'just', but yes, I do. I'll explain.

For those of you who have been keeping track of my threads, I thank you. Why? Because all of these threads, in one way or another, have lead up to this one. And what is this one about? The game of life. The game that, should life exist elsewhere, very possibly determines a small fraction of the fate of the universe....whether it be singular or in cycles. This is the question I have chased after for months, years even. This is the answer I have mulled over, a question that, for a while at least, went without words, but had an answer that I hungered for.

The Does God Care thread is a question that ties into intelligent design, which puts a plan in the game. The What's Wrong With Us thread shows us where we are at right now. The Vibrational Universe is a crayon definition of the very beginnings of the explanation of how the playing board is constructed, and how it operates. The Pane Andov analysis is the process by which we are supposed to reach the next level (in theory), and the Mental Matrix thread explains what boss we are fighting in order to get there.

Many of you (if not all) are no doubt dubious, but I have been as unbiased and impartial in my examinations as possible, and one by one, I have been drawing conceptual pictures of each piece, and then laying it aside to be placed later on. And one by one, I have fit the puzzle pieces together into an absolutely astonishing master image, which I suspect will still need to be colored in and resized and perhaps even rotated.

Take this how you will. But we are in a game right now. Thus far, the game has revolved around the survival of the race. Our human race. Up to this point, slowly receding in our minds but still playing a crucial role in the development of our civilizations, it has been about personal preservation. ME ME ME ME ME!!! All about me (as regards each individual). I think it's about time we moved from the survival aspect to the spiritual development aspect. Unfortunately, we are having a hard time shaking off our primitive instincts, which means it will take a while (barring miraculous evolution) for us to reach that stage.

The object of the game is, in part, evolution. At the lower levels, surviving long enough to make it to the next round. Learning the secrets of how to coexist and prosper peacefully, while at the same time figuring out where we come from. I can imagine a God being highly amused by the process, especially once we've made it to the finish mark. Unfortunately, some will stagger and fall behind, or even go astray....as we seem to have done.

I am hoping that if we were to finish the "level", we will be a superior race that does NOT view itself as superior, but instead views all things as equal and utterly deserving of love and care. We will no longer be greedy and instinct-driven, but will carefully ponder every action and consider how it affects the whole, always taking steps to make the kindest decision possible.

Higher brain function, as well as psychic abilities, will be able to assist in making these decisions and sharing responsibility for the new world. Pain will be obsolete, because when one person feels the pain of everyone else, it is like making sure you yourself do not get burned. Hunger will no longer exist, for the same reason as pain. Joy will be magnified, as everyone experiences the joy of the nation.

This will be the future of our race...I hope. But at this point, we have not evolved from Charmander to Charizard, so to speak. However, from what I have realized during my contemplations, and seen from my observations, and noted from science lectures scattered around the web, this is the endgame, for humankind at least.

View me as a madman, view me as insane, call me raving, call me anything you want...but this is it. This is the answer. This is what it's all leading up to. And if it isn't...if I am wrong, and there is no game and no gods and no master plans, only random chance, then this is the other answer: we are royally screwed.We only have two options here, because we've done too much to ourselves for there to be anything else. We've gone past the point of return. We've lost all of our chances. We had best hope there's an ace up some higher power's sleeve. Because if there isn't...then we're done. We'll either come together forcibly under a 1984 George Orwell kind of society and be fed lies and totalitarian regime through a straw, or we will nuke ourselves into oblivion. Or some other such end.

I know, it's depressing. But honestly, look around the world. Look at the threads posted every day. It isn't sunshine and daisies. It's curdled milk and cow pies. History has shown wars in and wars out, plagues and famine, humankind decimating itself in the name of false grandeur and righteousness. And here we are at another war. If we survive this one, then another will follow, along with more disease and sneak attacks and general chaos. It will not change unless the world changes. Only evolution will do that. We must evolve...or we will die.

Evolution, or extinction. That's what every other creature has gone through. Whatever didn't evolve to adapt or survive, died off. How do you survive your own race? A race that is literally going to implode and self-destruct? That's what we're heading for. That's what will happen if we don't change. That's our game.

Namaste

edit on CSundaypm363633f33America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CSundaypm484834f34America/Chicago29 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nothing lasts forever, even the human race.

But what if the so called game of life was to survive for as long as is possible?

What if we were created to gain knowledge and to use all that we learn to stop the inevitable end.

The universe won't last forever. But as we progress as a race, maybe we can stop the inevitable.

Maybe the game of life lasts only as long as we play our part on the board.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i Agree.

my first thread has alot in common with this one..
intellectually, so to speak..
the world must come together and evolve mentally and or spiritually
so we can find a way to harmonize with each-other as ONE race
we've shown great intelligence and persistence as a technologically advancing species

now its time to put all the BS issues aside and come together, for the good of intelligent life on this planet.
and perhaps the universe o.O

but anyway good post OP S&F

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

what do you mean the universe wont last forever? there is no proof of this,. this could be the hundred billionth universe that has ever existed...

if we evolve to a point where we can zip around the universe, we can zip around to earlier stages of the universe and repeat.,.,

if we evolve to a certain point, maybe individuals can live lives with experiences of a million of our years in one of our seconds..

etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.......etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
have you ever read about the 7 stages of light and life. Its from the Urantia book: detailing God's plan for a planets physical and spiritual evolution.

from the Urantia book:

(560.5) 49:1.6 The early stages of life evolution are not altogether in conformity with your present-day views. Mortal man is not an evolutionary accident. There is a precise system, a universal law, which determines the unfolding of the planetary life plan on the spheres of space. Time and the production of large numbers of a species are not the controlling influences. Mice reproduce much more rapidly than elephants, yet elephants evolve more rapidly than mice. (560.6) 49:1.7 The process of planetary evolution is orderly and controlled. The development of higher organisms from lower groupings of life is not accidental. Sometimes evolutionary progress is temporarily delayed by the destruction of certain favorable lines of life plasm carried in a selected species. It often requires ages upon ages to recoup the damage occasioned by the loss of a single superior strain of human heredity. These selected and superior strains of living protoplasm should be jealously and intelligently guarded when once they make their appearance. And on most of the inhabited worlds these superior potentials of life are valued much more highly than on Urantia.

a link for a full reading on the 7 stages of light and life: www.urantia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have come to the same conclusion a few years ago through meditation.

Life is a game of Mario brothers the only difference is you cant goto the next level until you know that there is a next level. Sort of like beating the final boss but not being able to go to the next level until you find the secret door hidden within the level.

Each stage of exsistance has its 'final boss'.
Such as ants for example, must learn to live on their own, Then larger animals that are born knowing how to live on their own must learn 'self'. Then you upgrade to sentiant being that is born knowing self. Our final boss is to let go of self/ego and learn that there is a man behind the curtain, the true you.

S&F great thread!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

So far from reality but so close. I will agree it can be taken as a game no doubt. And you make up your own rules, cf good/bad, justice, limitations,... But the stuff about evolution being the main goal is new age bull. Do you seriously believe you are not, as an individual or a race wathever, on your own in the Universe? Well sorry to disappoint you but you are "alone".

The goal is not spiritual evolution but survival by any means. Free will allow things like what you refer to good or evil, love or hate, creation/destruction. There are no rules but free will. What does that mean? As i said, you have to survive in a merciless and unlogical world by any means necessary. There is no karma but you are responsible for your actions. Human justice is a joke and does not reflect any "universal justice" as you could think. It exists only to profit weak humans that feel reassured knowing they "set" their own moral values as universal and believe it that nobody humans or not could break, exept when it profits them, of course.

Evolution is a tool but not the goal. Ruthless pieces of crap can survive millenias by mass reproducing and stealing ressources but still be narrow minded. The better choice is to adapt and evolve if you want to survive but there are no limitations, know that you as an individual or as a species can do the impossible. Humans are taught impossible things do exist, its a lie. The world is limitless so is the after life, if you can stand it that is. The visible world is only a small fraction of what exist. Petty things like "moral values" or "duality" or "justice" or "love" hold no meaning at all in this vastness. They are just illusions, subjective beliefs. In fact, it is so immensely varied incomprehensible and infinite that a normal unpure (brainwashed) mind could not grasp it. You wont believe it of course coz you want to believe what make you feel safe inside and less vulnerable (like thinking you are chosen or protected in same way by some evolved beings *sic*) but this, if its not the Truth, is closer than anything you could spit. Anthropocentrism ftw

On a side not, survival is the only rule, and it still exists in the afterlife. That means a second death is possible even after leaving your physical body. Pretty hopeless aint it?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

So far from reality but so close. I will agree it can be taken as a game no doubt. And you make up your own rules, cf good/bad, justice, limitations,... But the stuff about evolution being the main goal is new age bull. Do you seriously believe you are not, as an individual or a race wathever, on your own in the Universe? Well sorry to disappoint you but you are "alone".

The goal is not spiritual evolution but survival by any means. Free will allow things like what you refer to good or evil, love or hate, creation/destruction. There are no rules but free will. What does that mean? As i said, you have to survive in a merciless and unlogical world by any means necessary. There is no karma but you are responsible for your actions. Human justice is a joke and does not reflect any "universal justice" as you could think. It exists only to profit weak humans that feel reassured knowing they "set" their own moral values as universal and believe it that nobody humans or not could break, exept when it profits them, of course.

Evolution is a tool but not the goal. Ruthless pieces of crap can survive millenias by mass reproducing and stealing ressources but still be narrow minded. The better choice is to adapt and evolve if you want to survive but there are no limitations, know that you as an individual or as a species can do the impossible. Humans are taught impossible things do exist, its a lie. The world is limitless so is the after life, if you can stand it that is. The visible world is only a small fraction of what exist. Petty things like "moral values" or "duality" or "justice" or "love" hold no meaning at all in this vastness. They are just illusions, subjective beliefs. In fact, it is so immensely varied incomprehensible and infinite that a normal unpure (brainwashed) mind could not grasp it. You wont believe it of course coz you want to believe what make you feel safe inside and less vulnerable (like thinking you are chosen or protected in same way by some evolved beings *sic*) but this, if its not the Truth, is closer than anything you could spit. Anthropocentrism ftw

On a side not, survival is the only rule, and it still exists in the afterlife. That means a second death is possible even after leaving your physical body. Pretty hopeless aint it?

I disagree strongly on the points you have presented here. I do believe to a certain extent we are " alone " here on earth and that our thoughts, rules, morals, goals, are our own. but that is where it stops, we are not alone here on earth through my connection to the human race. WE ARE ONE. anything contrary to this is a lie or rather non-truth. My atoms are your atoms, the air i breath is the same air you breath, our thoughts are connected through what interest us. like energies will always commingle with like energies.

So the goal for us as a species 500,000 years ago may have been survival of the fittest, it simply is not anymore.

when we moved into a farming non migratory phase, we left a lot behind us in the way of survival of the fittest, but not entirely.

my point before about the 7 stages of light and life is that is what the universe has in plan for all inhabited spheres.

our story on this planet is different for many reasons. evolution is the tool and not the goal, but forever we evolve 1st physically then spiritually. And spiritually being the more important of the 2.

Free will is just that free will, it does allow you to rent the universe asunder if you could. but why would you? peoples choices are their's alone. death, rape, mass murder, war, stealing, any crime that happens to this day is because someone choose to be a rapist, or murderer, or car jacker. and i also believe there is no right nor wrong! if thats what these people chose to do so be it, it hurts use all and in that we are connected. so in hard times will you find yourself loading the 12 gauge to put a hole in your neighbor and his family to eat his food to drink his milk, to wash in his shower.

thats survival of the fittest folks, and its not pretty. moral values will always lie with the individual because 1 may be a few levels behind you a few ahead its up to you to discern this and move on from there. if you find yourself at a klu klux klan meeting and are feeling uneasy it more than likely you are more evolved spiritually then these people if you find yourself being comfortable, you just found other energies like your own, GOD SPEED more power to you until they day comes when hanging out with the KKK and doing KKK things are starting to bother you, you may just be growing spiritually.
it dosnt mean what they are doing is wrong you just chose thats not you anymore and thus have grown turned a new page. duality and justice are just illusions for there is no wrong or right.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Also

if i find myself waking from my slumber tonight to someone breaking into my home to steal my things they are welcome to them, they are just things. they may be in my possession but i do not own them. i might try to stop him, but after that and i find myself losing the fight and he takes my life so be it i gladly would have gave it to him were he to ask and needed it for a decent reason.

the following was taken from the urantia book :

(589.12) 52:1.3 Primitive men are mighty hunters and fierce fighters. The law of this age is the physical survival of the fittest; the government of these times is wholly tribal. During the early racial struggles on many worlds some of the evolutionary races are obliterated, as occurred on Urantia. Those who survive are usually subsequently blended with the later imported violet race, the Adamic peoples. (589.13) 52:1.4 In the light of subsequent civilization, this era of primitive man is a long, dark, and bloody chapter. The ethics of the jungle and the morals of the primeval forests are not in keeping with the standards of later dispensations of revealed religion and higher spiritual development. On normal and nonexperimental worlds this epoch is very different from the prolonged and extraordinarily brutal struggles which characterized this age on Urantia. When you have emerged from your first world experience, you will begin to see why this long and painful struggle on the evolutionary worlds occurs, and as you go forward in the Paradise path, you will increasingly understand the wisdom of these apparently strange doings. But notwithstanding all the vicissitudes of the early ages of human emergence, the performances of primitive man represent a splendid, even a heroic, chapter in the annals of an evolutionary world of time and space.

(597.3) 52:6.2 Even on normal evolutionary worlds the realization of the world-wide brotherhood of man is not an easy accomplishment. On a confused and disordered planet like Earth such an achievement requires a much longer time and necessitates far greater effort. Unaided social evolution can hardly achieve such happy results on a spiritually isolated sphere. Religious revelation is essential to the realization of brotherhood on Earth. While Jesus has shown the way to the immediate attainment of spiritual brotherhood, the realization of social brotherhood on your world depends much on the achievement of the following personal transformations and planetary adjustments

(597.4) 52:6.3 1. Social fraternity. Multiplication of international and interracial social contacts and fraternal associations through travel, commerce, and competitive play. Development of a common language and the multiplication of multilinguists. The racial and national interchange of students, teachers, industrialists, and religious philosophers.

(597.5) 52:6.4 2. Intellectual cross-fertilization. Brotherhood is impossible on a world whose inhabitants are so primitive that they fail to recognize the folly of unmitigated selfishness. There must occur an exchange of national and racial literature. Each race must become familiar with the thought of all races; each nation must know the feelings of all nations. Ignorance breeds suspicion, and suspicion is incompatible with the essential attitude of sympathy and love

(597.6) 52:6.5 3. Ethical awakening. Only ethical consciousness can unmask the immorality of human intolerance and the sinfulness of fratricidal strife. Only a moral conscience can condemn the evils of national envy and racial jealousy. Only moral beings will ever seek for that spiritual insight which is essential to living the golden rule.

(598.1) 52:6.6 4. Political wisdom. Emotional maturity is essential to self-control. Only emotional maturity will insure the substitution of international techniques of civilized adjudication for the barbarous arbitrament of war. Wise statesmen will sometime work for the welfare of humanity even while they strive to promote the interest of their national or racial groups. Selfish political sagacity is ultimately suicidal — destructive of all those enduring qualities which insure planetary group survival.

(598.2) 52:6.7 5. Spiritual insight. The brotherhood of man is, after all, predicated on the recognition of the fatherhood of God. The quickest way to realize the brotherhood of man on Urantia is to effect the spiritual transformation of present-day humanity. The only technique for accelerating the natural trend of social evolution is that of applying spiritual pressure from above, thus augmenting moral insight while enhancing the soul capacity of every mortal to understand and love every other mortal. Mutual understanding and fraternal love are transcendent civilizers and mighty factors in the world-wide realization of the brotherhood of man.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Haites because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by Haites because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

But what if the so called game of life was to survive for as long as is possible?

What if we were created to gain knowledge and to use all that we learn to stop the inevitable end.

The universe won't last forever. But as we progress as a race, maybe we can stop the inevitable.

Who says the universe won't last forever? Our solar system just a tiny little speck in all of existence...and we're just a small spot in the solar system. If we come to an end, we're just an ant getting squashed on a sidewalk.

The rest of the universe will go on. And no...according to the Ra Material, we are all a part of one greater entity... Love. Energy. The game of life depends on no one single person. Our part in it depends upon us. If we fail, our part is over. We're finished.

That's what I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Haites

This cannot happen unless we let go of our instincts...as I have said. Our instincts continue to drive us...much as we rely on our intuition, so our instincts motivate us as a subconscious level. Only evolution will remove these instincts. Until then, we are little more than extremely intelligent and high capable animals.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

Thank you for proving my entire thesis. You have just shown that we are stuck in the ruts of animalistic instinct (see my What's Wrong With Us thread). While we are yet hampered by the belief that we require these instincts in modern society...although we do not, but centuries of relying upon these innate desires has enabled our sruvival, and thus we remain dependent upon them...we cannot move forward. We will consistently think "Every man for himself".

This is no longer true. We have the technology to make the world into a utopia. We can if we want to. But we don't want to, because we cling to primitive systems that we are convinced can work if we try hard enough. We cling because of our instincts.

Instincts, instincts, instincts. These are the things which has helped us survive, but are now outdated programming holding us back. DOS seemed like a miracle at one time, but if you ran the programs of today upon it, it would crash. Just as with DOS, so the systems of today will continue to fail with our primitive programming which is still in effect at this moment.

Your post has proven this mindset. Evolution created it...and only evolution can release it.

Only evolution can update our minds.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haites
have you ever read about the 7 stages of light and life. Its from the Urantia book: detailing God's plan for a planets physical and spiritual evolution.

from the Urantia book:

(560.5) 49:1.6 The early stages of life evolution are not altogether in conformity with your present-day views. Mortal man is not an evolutionary accident. There is a precise system, a universal law, which determines the unfolding of the planetary life plan on the spheres of space. Time and the production of large numbers of a species are not the controlling influences. Mice reproduce much more rapidly than elephants, yet elephants evolve more rapidly than mice. (560.6) 49:1.7 The process of planetary evolution is orderly and controlled. The development of higher organisms from lower groupings of life is not accidental. Sometimes evolutionary progress is temporarily delayed by the destruction of certain favorable lines of life plasm carried in a selected species. It often requires ages upon ages to recoup the damage occasioned by the loss of a single superior strain of human heredity. These selected and superior strains of living protoplasm should be jealously and intelligently guarded when once they make their appearance. And on most of the inhabited worlds these superior potentials of life are valued much more highly than on Urantia.

a link for a full reading on the 7 stages of light and life: www.urantia.org...

Indeed. But are we supposed to believe that despite the atrocity that man has become, we will continue to the next stage? Only forced evolution...or miraculous evolution, depending upon the Grand Design...can save us. If there is no spontaneous or unforeseen evolution...then I repeat: we are royally screwed.

Because I see no change on the horizon. We will continue making the same mistakes, digging a deeper and deeper hole, until we realize what we have done wrong and are doing wrong, and make a sincere global effort to rectify it.

This will not happen until our primitive nature changes.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Who says the universe won't last forever? Our solar system just a tiny little speck in all of existence...and we're just a small spot in the solar system. If we come to an end, we're just an ant getting squashed on a sidewalk.

The rest of the universe will go on. And no...according to the Ra Material, we are all a part of one greater entity... Love. Energy. The game of life depends on no one single person. Our part in it depends upon us. If we fail, our part is over. We're finished.

That's what I'm saying.

Who says the universe won't last forever?

Well the universe is made up of atoms, even they have a certain period of existence, even if it is seemingly infinite to us. So no the universe will not last forever.

This is what I mean. But using our progressive knowledge, we one day might be able to exponentially increase the time I'm which the universe could possibly exist forever.

But we have to work to survive and make it happen. We're not going to magically evolve and be handed survival on a plate. It is down to us as a race, to progress and stop our universe from ending one day.

But that's so far it's incomprehensible to the mind of today. We just have to play our part in the game.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That's what I'm saying.

Well the universe is made up of atoms, even they have a certain period of existence, even if it is seemingly infinite to us. So no the universe will not last forever.

This is what I mean. But using our progressive knowledge, we one day might be able to exponentially increase the time I'm which the universe could possibly exist forever.

But we have to work to survive and make it happen. We're not going to magically evolve and be handed survival on a plate. It is down to us as a race, to progress and stop our universe from ending one day.

But that's so far it's incomprehensible to the mind of today. We just have to play our part in the game.

Sadly, it appears you've no clue what you're talking about. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed...which means this universe is here to stay.

It's up to us as a race to save the universe?
If that is truly the case, then the universe is doomed. We cannot save ourselves, let alone an entire universe.

As I said, you've no idea what you're on about. But thanks for the effort.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That's what I'm saying.

Sadly, it appears you've no clue what you're talking about. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed...which means this universe is here to stay.

It's up to us as a race to save the universe?
If that is truly the case, then the universe is doomed. We cannot save ourselves, let alone an entire universe.

As I said, you've no idea what you're on about. But thanks for the effort.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Starchild, I'm a chemist and protons break down, but like I said it takes an incredibly long time. So not everything will last forever.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Indeed. But are we supposed to believe that despite the atrocity that man has become, we will continue to the next stage? Only forced evolution...or miraculous evolution, depending upon the Grand Design...can save us. If there is no spontaneous or unforeseen evolution...then I repeat: we are royally screwed.

Because I see no change on the horizon. We will continue making the same mistakes, digging a deeper and deeper hole, until we realize what we have done wrong and are doing wrong, and make a sincere global effort to rectify it.

This will not happen until our primitive nature changes.

i do believe instincts where key to our survival as a race 500,000 years ago, but i also believe instincts is what still helps us today. i rely on them everyday, so im trying to understand what instincts you are referring to. Flight or flight? i mean what instinct is holding us back as a species to evolve into well the next step.

i mean we are barley into the 3rd planetary epoch where as we should be into late 4th or early 5th planetary epoch here on earth.

And how could you force evolution its a process that takes thousands and thousands of years, and it wouldnt be evolution if it was forced. how can you be so enlightened yet so bleak.

No i dont see us as a species growing up anytime soon. bad behavior begets bad behavior, wanton violence will beget wanton violence.

But the same is true for the opposite Love begets Love, compassion begets compassion, mercy breeds mercy.

so i agree to a point our outlook looks grim. we could have had a utopia if things would have gone "according to the plan" but even in the universe there are blunders.

Ours as i see them are

1.The Lucifer rebellion
2.The Planetary Prince's fall or default
3.The Adamic default (Adam and Eve)
4.What became of Christ teachings (and what was done in his name) in the subsequent years after his death.

what we need more of imho is more personal change, people need to look at themselves at not just at the mirror; dont be afraid to dig deep within yourself to fix your flaws. its a humbling experience.

or more to the point the following is what we need as a whole to achieve the next step.

1. Social fraternity. Multiplication of international and interracial social contacts and fraternal associations through travel, commerce, and competitive play. Development of a common language and the multiplication of multilinguists. The racial and national interchange of students, teachers, industrialists, and religious philosophers.

2. Intellectual cross-fertilization. Brotherhood is impossible on a world whose inhabitants are so primitive that they fail to recognize the folly of unmitigated selfishness. There must occur an exchange of national and racial literature. Each race must become familiar with the thought of all races; each nation must know the feelings of all nations. Ignorance breeds suspicion, and suspicion is incompatible with the essential attitude of sympathy and love.

3. Ethical awakening. Only ethical consciousness can unmask the immorality of human intolerance and the sinfulness of fratricidal strife. Only a moral conscience can condemn the evils of national envy and racial jealousy. Only moral beings will ever seek for that spiritual insight which is essential to living the golden rule.

4. Political wisdom. Emotional maturity is essential to self-control. Only emotional maturity will insure the substitution of international techniques of civilized adjudication for the barbarous arbitrament of war. Wise statesmen will sometime work for the welfare of humanity even while they strive to promote the interest of their national or racial groups. Selfish political sagacity is ultimately suicidal—destructive of all those enduring qualities which insure planetary group survival.

5. Spiritual insight. The brotherhood of man is, after all, predicated on the recognition of the fatherhood of God. The quickest way to realize the brotherhood of man on Urantia is to effect the spiritual transformation of present-day humanity. The only technique for accelerating the natural trend of social evolution is that of applying spiritual pressure from above, thus augmenting moral insight while enhancing the soul capacity of every mortal to understand and love every other mortal. Mutual understanding and fraternal love are transcendent civilizers and mighty factors in the world-wide realization of the brotherhood of man.

this is much to ask for. when you look at the whole picture and see us for who we really are. we really are not outta kindergarten yet. we love the violence, we love the misery, we love to watch the drama unfold and sadly thats not going to change a damn thing. its going to take alot to get us back on top, and i dont know how we will get there. But i believe ww3 might be a good thing or a polar shift rather than bad. yeas many people will die, but how many of the survivors will change. methinks many, and it just takes a few!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

im sure the universe appreciates your concern...where would it be with you

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Everything suffers due to ignorance, so it is ignorance that must be transcended, not hooves or tails or Orwellian societies. Those come with the destruction of ignorance. The way to the end of ignorance is meditation and self realization.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join