It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED: Global Warming 'Ended 15 Years Ago'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There are a number of factors that effect the temperature, including la nina, aerosols, the sun, and carbon dioxide. If 1998 is used as the baseline, then todays temperature is lower. If 1998 is excluded as being the oddity year that it is, the tend is warming. Furthermore if the effect of the sun and la nina are removed, the trend is clear - CO2 emissions are making the climate warmer than it would otherwise be. In some ways it's good the sun may be slightly dimmer in the coming years, because it should offset to an extent the effect CO2 on the temperature and give us extra time to lower CO2 emissions. On the other hand, it gives us a false sense of security as this thread demonstrates. What happens when the sun is more active AND we have more CO2 in the atmosphere?
edit on 30/1/12 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Not according to NASA & Weather.Com:

NASA

Read Richard C. Hoagland's latest book, he is the NASA employee who proposed the plaque on Voyager. He referred to his former employer as Never A Straight Answer.

Or check out Jim Marrs book The rise Of The Fourth Reich.

Quoting propagandists, might as well quote FOX NEWS.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
global warming is a hoax? awesome!! so the last 100+ years of industrialized pollution has no negative effect at all!
now we can stop fooling around with "green technology" and commence to pumping the air full of crap, thank you big oil and the far-right.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
global warming is a hoax? awesome!! so the last 100+ years of industrialized pollution has no negative effect at all!
now we can stop fooling around with "green technology" and commence to pumping the air full of crap, thank you big oil and the far-right.

False dichotomy.

Either buy into global warming or be a pollution causing pig ?

How typical...
Either believe in my god or you're a baby-eating heathen.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I already confirmed it independently

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Not believing in something that is happening in plain sight is the mark of man.

That while conversely believing in things with absolutely zero proof of their existence.

We have screwed up the world beyond repair.

The end is not near, it has already started.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The problem with global warming, as with all things global is that we the people are to pay the bills while big corporations are given a pass. CO2 from our breath and cow methane are not to blame for pollution, big corporations are.

I was a truck driver for a time, until the waitresses in the truck stops started looking good, and I have seen too many times industrial waste still being dumped in the Mississippi. Later I lived on the historic Mississippi, a cutoff of which there are thirteen up and down the river. Charlie, the owner of the campground I lived on had spent $100,000.00 on a very nice well system to serve the camp. The water was tested and certified safe to drink, but if you put some in a pan or plastic jug and came back the next day it was obvious it wasn't safe to drink. You could see the junk clearly.

At one point a couple bought the place across the street from me. the first time I talked to them I told them do not drink the water. they went to Charlie, who assured them that the water was tested and certified safe, which it was. They disregarded my warning - no they were not ATS posters
- and made coffee the next morning. Soon after the first cup they were both hurrying to the toilet. I mean hurrying!

A little later when they felt like it was safe to leave the proximity of the WC they were quick to tell me I had been right. The cutoff was a very strange place and from time to time I would tell them things I had learned, which did sound very unlikely. they took me at my word from then on, and though they were a little more conventional and established and mainstream than I, they never doubted a warning again.

Has anyone seen Gasland? But we are doing the damage by breathing and forcing the big auto makers to build us SUVs. Guys with Mac 10s forcing industrialists to design, test, build and market big unnecessary Off road vehicles.

Why are we so gullible? Why do we forget so easily and quickly? Does no one else remember Mrs. Heckler teaching us science in grade school and explaining how plants breath in CO2 and breath out O2, and that we do the opposite in a symbiotic relationship which evolved slowly and most likely with God's help. Misdirection, slight of hand.

We can put happy little statistical dresses on our rationale as to why we believe the dreck we are spoon fed from the tube with a flicker rate which is tuned to our brain by Pentagon specs, but has the Fuoride really dulled our common sense enough to swallow all this bunk? Especially when the end result is that we pay again, and the guys doing the damage are the ones that collect it from us again.

You OSers have got to be kidding. If you just must be conned why don't you just go to the strip club? You will enjoy it more anyway.

edit on 30-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandSchemeOfThings
Not believing in something that is happening in plain sight is the mark of man.

That while conversely believing in things with absolutely zero proof of their existence.

We have screwed up the world beyond repair.

The end is not near, it has already started.

I'm curious to know what you mean by "happening in plain sight".

Are you talking about pollution ?
Or are you talking about manmade global warming ?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's odd because the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit seems to have something on their website that contradicts what the news story says:

Increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere due to human activities are most likely the underlying cause of warming in the 20th century.

Global Temperature Record from University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit

The graphic on their page also clearly shows a continued warming trend, although, It does not represent dates all the way up to 2012. The text which accompanies it does.

The other agency mentioned in the article the Met Office also has links to things on it's site that are contrary to the article from the Daily Mail.

Met Office in the news:What we are doing, as reported by the media

Sun's changes unlikely to slow global warming, scientists say

Global warming 'caused by humans'

Dr Peter Stott, from the Met Office Hadley Centre in Exeter, who co-led the study, said: "What we've shown in this paper is that the fingerprint of human influence has been detected in many different aspects of climate change.

I didn't see one item on either of the websites, of the sources mentioned in the original story, that backed up any of the article.
edit on 1/30/2012 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/30/2012 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It seems to me most deny global warming because of the carbon tax conspiracy, but what if it is true and they are just taking advantage of it?

And isn't the pattern, global warming followed by cooling, followed by an ice age? Could it be the loss of ice is already starting to cool the oceans thus allowing the temps to seem to have not gone up?

Could it be that the ice has gone so far that it is going to continue to melt even though temps are not rising anymore?

Just asking because I don' t know that much about this argument.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillwind
Some are melting, and some are growing.

OK, can you help me fight my ignorance by pointing to some of those glaciers that are growing?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
According to this graph the glaciers world wide have been decreasing significantly since 1960.

How is that explained if the temps are not going up? I don't see any change from the downward trend.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Fun... If global warming has stopped... Can you explain why 15 years ago we had tons of snow during the winter that lasted for weeks and that now we barely have 2 snows a winter and it last a few days only ?
and getting worse each year...?

But well, if you prefer to think so.. go on

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Sigh, unfortunately most Australians have fallen for this tripe (that global warming is man-made). We now have a carbon tax which is coming into effect this year. Can you give me advice? What can I do about it? I'm so sick of hearing the lies in the news, politics etc.
edit on 30/1/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Wake up people! TPTB are way ahead of you.

Have you not noticed it hasnt been called Global Warming for years, they now call it Global Cooling which was caused by Global Warming.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Think yourself lucky, lots of countries have had Bogus Tax Cough I mean Carbon Tax for years!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I am surprised no one mentioned the North Pole Ice Cap, which is gone. Some random links below.

From 2008
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.ctv.ca...

From 2010
marine-cafe.com...

Also feel free to check it out on google earth or google maps. See if you can find it...

maps.google.se...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
According to this graph the glaciers world wide have been decreasing significantly since 1960.

How is that explained if the temps are not going up? I don't see any change from the downward trend.

The point is there are areas where temps are going up, areas where temps are going down, and areas where temps haven't changed at all.

Trying to "average" it all out in order to get a "trend" to utilize as a predictive tool fails at the most basic level when you consider the fact that there's no such thing as a "constant" in any kind open climatic system such as ours here on earth.

And regarding one poster's mention of some glaciers growing rather than shrinking... that is actually well documented scientific fact:

There are literally over 100,000 glaciers worldwide. Hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands) of glaciers have been documented as expanding, not shrinking by various science journals, national geographic, etc etc, over the past decade or so.

- Most of Norway's glaciers are expanding
- Most of Alaska's glaciers are expanding
- Over 230 glaciers in the Himalayas have been expanding in the western region, while the Tibetan (east) region is shrinking.
- Chile's largest glacier is expanding
- All of New Zealand's glaciers are expanding

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

The overall trend seems to be more are shrinking than expanding, however that does not mean that all glaciers worldwide are all melting and disappearing as some propaganda leads us to believe.

It's pretty obvious to me that this science of climatology has a long ways to go yet in its learning curve... Physics is slowly becoming a major thorn in the derriere of climate science as time rolls on with real world observations.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

I can't find any reliable sources for this report. Until a reputable source validates this, then you can't convince me other wise.

You didn't even spend 5 minutes looking, now did you ? You posted roughly 20 minutes after the OP posted his article. So you are teling me - within 20 minutes - you didn't only read the full multi-page article, checked the various graphs and data sheets attached to it, and then managed to check all sources on a global scale in order to fund out that there are no reliable sources mentioned.

Who are aou kidding.

Here's a reliable source for you: en.wikipedia.org...

This person is mentioned in the article and has been interviewed.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Ahah, shouldnt be so arrogant if your source is as invalid as the daily mail
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Clicked on your link scrolled half way down and found another article telling us hotter summers are going to kill 5900 a year

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join