It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total insanity : 6 years old charged with sexual battery for a game of tag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hercules Family Battles Sex Assault Claim Against 6-Year-Old

An East Bay dad claims a game of tag on the playground resulted in his 6-year-old son being accused of sexual assault – a decision he said was an overreaction by school officials.

YA THINK it's an overreaction?? YA FREAKING THINK???????????

The parent, who asked only to be identified as Oswin, said his son was accused of brushing his best friend’s leg or groin while the two were playing on the playground at Lupine Hills Elementary in Hercules two months ago.

Oswin said his child was kept in the principal’s office for two hours until he confessed. He was suspended, and a sexual battery charge was placed on his permanent school record.

But this ``ends`` well because the parents did their job and didn't take it like good little slaves :

It wasn’t until Oswin and his wife got a lawyer that the school backed off. District officials declined to discuss specifics. They did confirm that an investigation was conducted, and that the child could not be charged with sexual battery. The claim was removed from the boy’s record.

All those involved should NEVER EVER have any job with power again. They should be fired RIGHT NOW for INSANITY and sent to the nuthouse.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Legally, there’s no such thing as sexual assault for a six year-old in California.

It wasn’t until Oswin and his wife got a lawyer that the school backed off. District officials declined to discuss specifics. They did confirm that an investigation was conducted, and that the child could not be charged with sexual battery. The claim was removed from the boy’s record.

Well I think it's clear that the school overreacted. They have backed off of the charges when the parents were willing to fight it.

I have had to fight schools over their tendency to act....before they think.

Glad to see this was dropped.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
San Francisco? I am so surprised.

Usually the news from there seems pretty normal.

/end sarc

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A six year old!?!?! Give me a break. How can you charge a child that is still pure and innocent of something like this. That's a good way to ruin his life early.
It wont be long before school's and the government start labeling children "POTENTIAL SEXUAL PREDATORS"
edit on 29-1-2012 by TinyRage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I was going to say something very similar:

Legally, there’s no such thing as sexual assault for a six year-old in California.

A SIX YEAR OLD is not exactly capable of the concept of sex or sexual assault.

that an investigation was conducted, and that the child could not be charged with sexual battery.

I have said it before, and i'll say it again. This compulsion to charge anyone with anything (and with the amount of laws we have) is getting ridiculously out of hand. Pretty soon, they'll try to charge an infant for trying to suckle the breast for milk of a female who is not the mother (but just happens to be holding the kid).

I really do not know what kind of mental illness is running rampant in our society when the relentless "charge charge charge" mentality is prevalent over common sense, and mental and biological natures. Luckily, in this case there was no legal justification, but the fact that it was TRIED is disturbing, simply because people think way, and, if up to them, would continue to legally act based upon this thinking, which could also, in the future, affect law.

Once "legal" starts taking precedence over mental and biological development, we are in serious trouble. Oh wait, it already do and we already are.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The school officials that tried this # should definetly be fired, no doubt about it. These are the kind people being hired into public schools, the kind that think that an innocent game of tag can lead to sexual assault. Maybe this leads to some sort of explanation for the kind of kids being pumped out of schools these days.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by insanedr4gon
The school officials that tried this # should definetly be fired, no doubt about it. These are the kind people being hired into public schools, the kind that think that an innocent game of tag can lead to sexual assault. Maybe this leads to some sort of explanation for the kind of kids being pumped out of schools these days.

I would go as far as saying that the people responsible should have gotten a month or 2 in jail. If the paents would not have been able to pay for a laywer their child would have been screwed for live and this case should have to be a example.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The school officials that thought a 6 yr old + sex should be charged. What were they thinking? They danm sure don't need to be looking over any children.

I know that anyone thinking that crap with children does not need to be in charge of them. That right there tells you where there mind is. Those people need to be investigated. Perverts!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

All those involved should NEVER EVER have any job with power again. They should be fired RIGHT NOW for INSANITY and sent to the nuthouse.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this. A 6 year old doesn't even know what sex is. If thyre going to go this far, it won't be long until they start accusing newborn babies of sexual assault because their heads pass through the mothers vagina.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
thank goodness they werent playing doctor

those fees would be massive

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Well, I am glad to see parents having a solid victory over the decadent and insidious tentacles of the public school system and Nanny State. They set a precedent for fighting this insanity. I guess we can still learn from the activites of the Left.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

ok i just finished a hard days work now i have a look at ATS i have no words for what i have just read i really hope there are still some people in the US that ere sane or god help the rest of us

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What gives the principle any authority to 'interrogate' a 6 year old into submission to admit something that he has no idea what he has done? Shame on the principle and the people who brought it to the attention of the principle. Are these adults so corrupted mentally that they automatically assume these things without a thought of how the innocence of a child works? I'm fairly sure the boy intentionally didn't think,"oh yeah i want to grab a huge load of jimmy's junk, that turns me on".

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
No wonder the ET's are hesitant to even touch us with a 10 billion light year pole!

Us humans must be the joke of the universe!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Makes you wonder what goes on in the head of whoever "accused" the kid. The article does not say *who* accused the boy, as far as i can tell.

If they examine the head of whoever accused the little boy, they will probably find some "interesting" things, just saying. Perversion, child molestation, rape etc. always begins in someone's head...a normal person has no reason to associate anything sexual with kids as young as 6 years old.

America today is so screwed up that many people there today lost a normal relationship with things which (in other cultures, ie. Europe) are still seen as "normal" or "no big deal", eg. nudity ...even things like nudity in the own family etc..sign of a sick society if you can't see things anymore without implying molestation and perversion.

The irony is that the more a society is losing a normal, "healthy" relationship with such things...the more real rapists and perverts it will also bear, of course.

edit on 30-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The school officials should be "followed up" for taking action based on and having the mindset of pedophiles; when an adult interprets a one six year kid brushing the sand of his friends butt as "sexual" - it's pretty clear that the adult when regarding the kids as sexual beings - is having pedophile obsessions. Not necessary a felony, but a more threatening behavior than that of the kids; especially when acting upon these thoughts!!

Is the adult thinking of sex; when watching two six-year old kids playing, the kind of person you want around your kids?
edit on 30-1-2012 by nakiel because: grammar

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

This experience probably saved the boy from a future of sexual perversion, depravity and offense. These things start innocently enough, and then via "baby steps" increase until he's a 34 year-old man serving 16 consecutive life sentences for the assault, abduction, violation and (potentially) murder of minors. Steven Spielberg and Tome Cruise explored the aspect of "Pre-Crime" in the film "Minority Report." This boy hopefully learned a lesson not to touch girls in the wrong way; this lesson hopefully shifted his fate to that of a healthy and productive future well-adjusted adult.

Think about it: this wouldn't have been reported if the incident had been purely *innocent.* Apparenly the girl felt violated and reported it. Apparently, there were witnesses to the incident (otherwise it would have been a simple 'he-said; she-said'). *Something* improper happened. Imagine if your child had been violated, even if only by a six-year old +/-. Wouldn't you want justice? And, sure, if the incident weren't that severe, wouldn't you want the young (future) pervert to learn a lesson about respect, boundaries and the law?

All of that being said, yes, the incident might have been overblown, and it might well have been innocent. However, school officials have an obligation to take action or parents will sue them for not keeping their children safe while on school grounds. It is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario for school officials. And, from what I understand, every school has a police officer or law enforcement liason stationed on campus. Thus, EVERY incident has the potential for police involvement. Thank you Columbine and all the young weirdos for this, for if not for their past actions, police officer positions at every/most schools would not be considered necessary today. What has the world come to?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Haha, I completely agree. Might teach these delusional morons a lesson.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I was called out to the school last year for my daughter, six at the time, for the same damn thing. It was more like a warning and no action was brought...but here's the thing, the boy that was involved in this was sent home on the bus. No parents called, no attention brought to him at all. I was LIVID. And my poor daughter was in tears and they made her feel ashamed, like she did something wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
With the enormous emphasis placed on child protection and what is or isn't 'correct conduct' in current times, especially behaviour within schools, I can understand why a school would overreact. Obviously this incident is utterly ridiculous, but nowadays, if something even remotely suspect happened to a child and the school was seen as not having taking enough action or trying to pass over the situation, parents, school boards, the media, the entire kit and kaboodle would be up and arms playing the blame game. Sh!t would be in a right state. Sometimes it's just a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That said, trying to have a 6 year old charged with sexually battery is outrageous and, realistically, would never have been passed. Poor form on the school's part, really.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join