It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks: Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage ‘Is Core to Who We Are and What We Value’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
As long as i am not forced to marry another guy and have sex with him, i really don't care

In my opinion, all gay people, women and men alike should be able to marry, or do whatever they want if it makes them happy.

Also..whether a company supports gay marriage is NOT MY criteria when i select coffee..i think there are more interesting things to do than making this an issue...or making it an issue what other people do, their sex preferences whatever.

"Pro family conservative groups are calling for a boycott"...hey this is great..this means people might see less religious nut-freaks in Starbucks...which would surely add some value

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Want tradition?

I say we legalize wife beating and nullify inter racial marriages. Because that my friend, is true tradition.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I'd agree with that.

But won't it be nice when all these freedom loving tolerant christians get off their high horse and let people be, and you know.. Not force their religion upon other people?

I think that would be nice.

I believe the OP just naturally believed everyone would side with him, but I'm starting to think the homophobes are the true minority these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by xuenchen

The entire " gay rights" movement is covered in dirty money.

Both sides of the issue have huge financial interests in keeping that fight alive and well. Nobody at the top of either organizations wants this to end, they make far too much money fighting each other.

[color=limegreen]People really need to stop putting limitations on their rights. It wasn't the governments place to define marriage to begin with. Nor make it a legal institution.

~Tenth

I agree with THAT 100% !

The "legal" reasons probably include the tax return advantages/disadvantages etc.

Health insurance for a "dependent/spouse" is another advantage.

But the "governments" always have lobbying and disclaimers in their .s.

Existing marriage laws differ from state to state.
The "community property" states vs. others.

It all seems financial.

edit on Jan-30-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I Thought making a buck off a cup of coffee is who they are and what the value.

Since i hate coffee and don't drink it they want to use it to "lure in new customers" so be it.

Think this is about freedom in the bedroom nope its about those "evil corporations" looking to fleece more people.
edit on 30-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I Thought making a buck off a cup of coffee is who they are and what the value.

Since i hate coffee and don't drink it they want to use it to "lure in new customers" so be it.

Think this is about freedom in the bedroom nope its about those "evil corporations" looking to fleece more people.
edit on 30-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Star for you.
Just brew some some coffee for crying out loud!
I also find it highly annoying when "musicians" get political to gain a few bucks.

(I'm looking at you BONO)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
For all the thumpers out that that beat on their book of fables... doesn't matter what the lies say in that book as our liberty is absolute. No matter what your phony god says in the lies written by men to control you.

Easy litmus test to show that homosexual marriage is legal. If you change the word homosexual to black, to white, to Muslim, to Chinese, to Taoist, to anything... what is the constitutionality of that law banning such marriage?

Exactly, so why is there a problem with liberty and justice for all?

Derek

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
How about they promote necrophelia??? They seem to like promote the sick and twisted!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I always knew lattes weren't macho!

Starbucks is the devil anyway. They turned the wonderful act of brewing and drinking coffee into a commercialized, stylish thing.

Why do I have to speak Italian when ordering my coffee anyway? Jesus! I want a large. Can you please call it that?

edit on 30-1-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Why do I have to speak Italian when ordering my coffee anyway? Jesus! I want a large. Can you please call it that?

LOL - - - I refuse to use their terms.

I drink only coffee with steamed milk. And that is how I order it. Large!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig
How about they promote necrophelia??? They seem to like promote the sick and twisted!!!

What's more sick and twisted is you equating gay marriage to having sex with dead bodies. Seriously, have a word with yourself.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

What's more sick and twisted is you equating gay marriage to having sex with dead bodies. Seriously, have a word with yourself.
It's the same thing-as sick, perverted alternative sexuality!
Do some research!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm really not surprised. They have been very big on supporting their version of "corporate responsibility".

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Do some research!

Oh, I've done LOTS of research on the old gay thing - you picking up what I'm laying down? You're only going to make yourself look very foolish so it's probably best to wind your neck in now before I have to school you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh, I've done LOTS of research on the old gay thing - you picking up what I'm laying down? You're only going to make yourself look very foolish so it's probably best to wind your neck in now before I have to school you.

Ya think?

"Love" those who think they've researched by reading Christian sites and anti-gay sites and Family Value sites.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Do some research!

Reverend Phelps is that you?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Ironically enough you and the people necrophiliacs have sex with appear to operate on the same intellectual level. In all seriousness though, that was probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say about homosexuality. You're more than free to explain your reasoning for that remark.

Originally posted by Miraj

I'd agree with that.

But won't it be nice when all these freedom loving tolerant christians get off their high horse and let people be, and you know.. Not force their religion upon other people?

I think that would be nice.

I believe the OP just naturally believed everyone would side with him, but I'm starting to think the homophobes are the true minority these days.
The OP actually clarified what he meant by political correctness a page back. Everything else is still true though.
edit on 30-1-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Actually all those DEAD PEOPLE votes that pop up,, ya,, Necrophelia Party,,,
didn't you know?

rrrrrarghhh,,,

Zombie's Got Vote now,,
mmm more brain,,,,

Me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

This is my body, eat it.
This is my blood, drink it.

Is cannibalism on the same par?

What does same-sex marriage change in your life?
1. It changes your home life.
2. It changes your job.
3. It changes your taxes.
4. It changes your benefits.
5. It changes your ability to live the way you live.
6. It's against my bronze-age belief system that I cling to because a man in a dress told me I wouldn't burn in fires if I believed in mud-man and bone-woman, zombies, pedophilia, incest, killing for peace, and loving a magical fairy who loves you back but loves watching people suffer and find lots of very clever ways to make people suffer.

Pick one, or more.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

This is my body, eat it.
This is my blood, drink it.

it was BREAD and WINE ,, ohhh u know like a Coffee and a Crossoint,,IS THAT CANNABLEISM

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join