It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks: Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage ‘Is Core to Who We Are and What We Value’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If this was ten years ago I would be impressed. Now its no risk for Starbucks as polls show the trend now has more Americans supporting giving the right of marriage to gay couples. This is a trend that will continue because lets be honest outside of religion their is not a single reason why two consenting adults of sound mind should not be allowed to get married.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ok,, here is what it means,, if u can spot the " STARBUCKS " coffe cup,,,

that person is,,

gay,,yup,, theres another one,, gay,, there carrying a ,, " STARBUCKS ",, coffee cup,, sooooo,,,,
gay,,,gay,, ,, not gay,,, he's carrying for Her,, dude,,,,, oh ok so SHE'S,, GAY,,,,, cooll,,,,

lol

gay.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Ok,, here is what it means,, if u can spot the " STARBUCKS " coffe cup,,,

that person is,,

gay,,yup,, theres another one,, gay,, there carrying a ,, " STARBUCKS ",, coffee cup,, sooooo,,,,
gay,,,gay,, ,, not gay,,, he's carrying for Her,, dude,,,,, oh ok so SHE'S,, GAY,,,,, cooll,,,,

lol

gay.

How did you manage to even log on to your computer?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by xuenchen

Political correctness?

So it's now a bad thing to not discriminate?

Nice OP.

No, jobs won't be threatened. If you have seen the people that buy their coffee at starbucks, they aren't usually hard core christian values people. Not that they aren't either, but I doubt the Starbucks will even see a minute dent in sales over this.

I guarantee you that they would see a huge dent if they were against it though.
The people who use the word "political correctness" tend to use it in the same way that homophobic christian groups use the word "family values", which seems to be the case with the OP.

Anyways, this is pretty much a non-issue. As the guy a few posts above me said, there are way more people out there who are well-informed about homosexuality now than 10 years ago. Stupidity/Ignorance in regards to homosexuality and subjects surrounding it is a dying trend.
edit on 29-1-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I drink starbucks every day, good for them I too am for same sex marriage and equal rights to life partners.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I drink starbucks every day, good for them I too am for same sex marriage and equal rights to life partners.

It is just a coffee shop, for crying out loud don't but into such bs regardless of the issue

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My thinking is a bit off - - due to a bad head cold and scotch to make me feel better.

But - - the state of Washington just garnered enough votes to make it the next state to allow same gender marriage.

I think it just has to pass the senate.

This IS a big deal. Good for Starbucks supporting their state and same gender marriage.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Political correctness?

Nice OP.

No, jobs won't be threatened. If you have seen the people that buy their coffee at starbucks, they aren't usually hard core christian values people. Not that they aren't either, but I doubt the Starbucks will even see a minute dent in sales over this.

The people who use the word "political correctness" tend to use it in the same way that homophobic christian groups use the word "family values", which seems to be the case with the OP.

Anyways, this is pretty much a non-issue. As the guy a few posts above me said, there are way more people out there who are well-informed about homosexuality now than 10 years ago. Stupidity/Ignorance in regards to homosexuality and subjects surrounding it is a dying trend.

Actually, I was pointing at Starbucks for entering late on the issue.

Probably to become "politically correct" after assessing the possible outcome.

They ARE a corporation and supporting what they see as a "majority opinion" of customers is a business move.

Obviously they thought through the outcome before making a final statement.

I was hoping to get some employee comments.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
No more starbucks for me,

This reply=

Originally posted by grey580
And I think more people need to have a coke and a smile and stfu.

Right on grey.
edit on 29-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Blatant corporate brainwash

In 2000 Schultz (Starbucks CEO) donated $50,000 to the DNC, and since has donated thousands to Washington Sen. Maria Cantwell, President Barack Obama, then presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and John Edwards

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Calls For Boycott On Campaign Contributions

Starbucks to give coffee to Election Day voters

Starbucks offers free coffee to those who join Obama volunteer corps

Starbucks Offers Free Coffee On Nov 4th For Those Who Voted

edit on 29-1-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
Starbucks Offers Free Coffee On Nov 4th For Those Who Voted

I missed free coffee?! How...I'm so angry now.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Hmmm.

That's interesting.

I knew there was money involved somewhere.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Political correctness?

Nice OP.

Actually, I was pointing at Starbucks for entering late on the issue.

Probably to become "politically correct" after assessing the possible outcome.

They ARE a corporation and supporting what they see as a "majority opinion" of customers is a business move.

Obviously they thought through the outcome before making a final statement.

I was hoping to get some employee comments.

Well in that case I agree. You probably should've just used another word/phrase to describe it, since people (such as myself) are going to intrepret that differently than what you intended.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I drink it because it is the only coffee I find that does not hurt my arthritis. I also love Jims organic but it does not give me the 'kick' I get from starbucks dark roast espresso. Truthfully I would rather buy into something less expensive, but I do what I must...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey, not trying to get you to change where you drink, just saying I don't believe any corporation waffling about "core values".

Hope the arthritis doesn't get any worse

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Is There a Financial Agenda Here ??

There SHOULD be.
For Washington, anyway. The wedding industry is huge. And gay weddings? Please! Legalizing gay marriage boosts the economy in several ways.

Gay Marriage Boosts Iowa's Economy

Go Starbucks!
Starbucks has always been a more progressive company. In my lifetime, I have seen this country go from very accepting of people who are "different" to VERY judgmental, fearful, insulting and hateful of people who are different...(Thank you, George Bush) I long for days when we are more accepting and not so judgmental of other people's innocent behaviors.

Only nosy people are concerned about who else is getting married. Mind your own marriage and get your nose out of other people's relationships. The only person who can "destroy your values" is YOU.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Love between 2 consenting adults who are good people and really care for each other; is a beautiful circumstance.

Here is an interesting article in this morning's (Seattle Times): seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think it is a bit of a "non issue" as gay marriages will struggle to be more than 1 or 2% of the overall numbers getting married, so to get upset about it either way is a little pointless.

The only aspect I find odd is when gay couples want to get married "religiously" when the particular religion is explicit that union should be for man and woman- if you want state legitimisation of your union fair enough, but just can't fathom the former

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I rarely go to a starbucks unless Christmas shopping or something like that, I live 95 miles round trip to the nearest starbucks, lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The entire " gay rights" movement is covered in dirty money.

Both sides of the issue have huge financial interests in keeping that fight alive and well. Nobody at the top of either organizations wants this to end, they make far too much money fighting each other.

People really need to stop putting limitations on their rights. It wasn't the governments place to define marriage to begin with. Nor make it a legal institution.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join