It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple introduction..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I typed up a long introduction but when tried to make it "fancy", it was all deleted so here is a quick read about me.

I've been floating around ATS for the past 3 or 4 years but feel I have been "awake" for the past 10.

I am 26(my bday is tmw so I'll just lie today for the sake of), a male and I live in the US of A.

I am not proud of the way things are.

As a human being, I have Bipolar, mild schizophrenia(not bad enough to act in the physical sense).

I have over time, developed a kind of agoraphobia/ anti-social disorder..

I have always been told I was "unique". I never understood what that meant considering I was just being that goofy silly kid who always made people laugh.

But then I really sat down and thought about it. I would always share my ideas and when discussions would happen, I'd always be the serious one and I'd always be met with gibberish in serious conversations that I would initiate.

I knew I was different but how? Then I realized it. in High School, I was given detention and kicked out of school for not standing up for the pledge of allegience. I have nothing against the people who served in our wars. I commend them, thank them even. I just disagree with war in general. In certain situations, it cant be helped and I can understand that as well. But WHY would I get punished for not following the norm? I disliked that.

So there the journey started to learn more about this country, the world and how things work. Get away from the history books of school and actually go out and talk to people. Learn things on my own.

I was disappointed when I learned that people like me, "in the real world" get ridiculed and laughed at.

It's like seeing that homeless guy sitting on the sidewalk with a sign that says, "will share future secrets for food"

we look at that bum and think.. "man that guy is obviously crazy, crazy enough to come up with that sign"

I look at that bum and think.. "if he actually came from the future and had all this information, and he TRIED to tell someone and THEY dismissed him as being crazy, that's exactly what would happen. No one would believe him."

Granted, I might not believe that he IS from the future, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss it.

I ranted long enough.. Anything else you guys would like to know about me, I'd gladly be more than open with you.

Embrace me ATS. Embrace me as the interwebs as we know it will be transformed before our eyes.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ConstantlyThinking

I have read your post. And I honestly feel like I am meeting a brother I have known for a long while. Everything you put, I have been there, and it's almost like I typed it.

Welcome, and I hope we have a chance to exchange ideas. In fact, you could have a look right now, if you aren't too busy. Just click on my username and go from there.

Or you could ignore me entirely, just like that bum.

Either way, ATS welcomes you.

-embrace-

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Thank you for your warm and kind words. Partly the reason I stayed around this site was that the topics discussed around here are along the same kinds of topics I would discuss when I was 15-16. To my surprise, no one else knew nor wanted to talk about what I wanted lol. So to be around this many people who -at least- have the same thinking patterns(although the means of deciphering said info may be different) and just know NOT to be spoon fed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you very much. The ride that ATS has given me has been amazing so far. I feel like I have been surfing outside on a passenger train this whole way and now it's time to come inside, have a cup of coffee(or whatever your vice) and just relax and chat.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well I am off to go plan a 2 person bday party for myself and my crazy lady friend.

I shall return later to drown myself in outside thinking.

I apologize if this falls under the "spam" posts.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Welcome!

You'll be amaized how many like minded people you will meet here. You will also meet the total op of that as well.
Either way, your coments and views are welcome here, no matter what side they may be on. I know what you're going through, my friend and it's a long road, but be at ease with yourself and the world around you and you will find peace and even rehabilitation by your own calm. This I can assure you.

Once again, Welcome! Glad to have you aboard!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ConstantlyThinking

Hi ConstantlyThinking, happy birthday and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Welcome ConstantlyThinking to a Disney-like Park for Conspiracy Theorist...!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted by the Moderator above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!
:

Johnny

new topics

top topics

join