It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are you Austinites!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hail Texans!

Ok, so I've been here for almost a year now and I'm curious just how many people on ATS might be near me. I guess this is a welcoming invitation to go and grab a beer or a stiff drink sometime. I would enjoy some likeminded company, as we often know, topics such as these that we love ATS so much for, isnt something you generaly speak with the average joe about. lol

So what do you say Austinites? Anyone willing to kick back and have a few drinks over some cool laid back conversations, with this open minded cajun from Louisiana? All welcome. I get very bored here when I'm off work, knowing so few people.

I'll buy the first round!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Happen to be in Lubbock, TX for the time being, but I made a trip to Austin not long ago to check out the city and have been planning on moving there when my funds are sufficient. Have only heard great things about it and only liked what I saw when I was there!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm west of Lubbock, otherwise I would be happy to visit with you! However, there are a lot of open-minded people out here, which surprised me. Many of these rural farmers are quite aware of things that are going on, such is the miracle of the internet. You should have no trouble finding cool people to hang with in Austin, it is an AWESOME town, and probably one of the most musical places on earth during the weekends.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Happen to be in Lubbock, TX for the time being, but I made a trip to Austin not long ago to check out the city and have been planning on moving there when my funds are sufficient. Have only heard great things about it and only liked what I saw when I was there!

Comming from Louisiana, I'm all about live music! 6th street here... Just wow!

I lived in Baton Rouge for a good half of my life, and the music scene was wonderful there for a good many years. Over the last 10 years, it's gone down hill. Lately it seems to be picking up again. ...but here... I have never seen so many bars/clubs with so many bands playing... at once! hehe 3 bands playing, one on each floor. Some Ive seen here, you'll have an accoustic band at the door, outside, once inside, and another in the back outside. It's very very cool here. 6th street goes on for miles.

It's kinda made up like this... Bar - Bar - Food - Bar - Tattoo - Bar - Tattoo - Bar - Food - Tattoo - something else - Bar - Bar - Tattoo... lol And that's just 6th street. Never seen so many damn tattoo shops in one place before. Never quite saw so many bars on one street either. But, it's spread out here all over, and there are usually festivals all the time here. So much to do. I think you would enjoy it here. The cost of living is nice and so are the average wages. People seem pretty friendly.

Never been to a theater that you could order food and drink in... The Alamo is the coolest theater Ive been. (Alamo draft house) Kick back, watch a new or old movie on the big silver screen, waitress comes up and takes your order the whole while, and she's never in your way. All sorts of brews to choose from in there too.

It's a whole new world here. I love it. Just lookin for a few good friends to enjoy it with, now.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I'm west of Lubbock, otherwise I would be happy to visit with you! However, there are a lot of open-minded people out here, which surprised me. Many of these rural farmers are quite aware of things that are going on, such is the miracle of the internet. You should have no trouble finding cool people to hang with in Austin, it is an AWESOME town, and probably one of the most musical places on earth during the weekends.

Not just the weekends... I've never seen so much music all week long. It's definatly open to everyone's taste, here.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I'm from Denton, (a little north of Dallas) it's kind of a mini Austin here. The University of North Texas is a huge music school, so we always have a show or something going on. Most would be surprised to know how many of there favorite musicians are from Austin or Denton. If you like punk my buddy Mike has an AWESOME band from here in Denton that lives in Austin now called The Riverboat Gamblers, if you get a chance to see them be sure to go, I promise you will enjoy. They are into fringe topics, hell they have an album called "Underneath the Owl" or something along those lines. Mike is a great guy and really laid back so don't be afraid to go up & say hi, he tends bar somewhere on 6th street too. I come out that way pretty frequently, my next trip will be to tube the Guadalupe on Memorial day weekend. I'll let you know next time I head that way, so maybe we can catch a show or something.

Keep Austin weird!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Heya, I'm in Austin, born and raised
Welcome, glad you're loving it here so far, that love will only increase over time, its an amazing city. I work downtown on 5th Street Friday and Saturday nights, I'm down for a few belated welcome party shots anytime

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wastedown

I'm from Denton, (a little north of Dallas) it's kind of a mini Austin here. The University of North Texas is a huge music school, so we always have a show or something going on. Most would be surprised to know how many of there favorite musicians are from Austin or Denton. If you like punk my buddy Mike has an AWESOME band from here in Denton that lives in Austin now called The Riverboat Gamblers, if you get a chance to see them be sure to go, I promise you will enjoy. They are into fringe topics, hell they have an album called "Underneath the Owl" or something along those lines. Mike is a great guy and really laid back so don't be afraid to go up & say hi, he tends bar somewhere on 6th street too. I come out that way pretty frequently, my next trip will be to tube the Guadalupe on Memorial day weekend. I'll let you know next time I head that way, so maybe we can catch a show or something.

Keep Austin weird!!!

Thanks! I'll definatly look into that my brotha! I do love punk!

Punk, Metal, Jazz, Blues, and everything that comes with it.

I will keep an eye out. Hit me up with time and places if you ever get wind of when and where.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBassistant
Heya, I'm in Austin, born and raised
Welcome, glad you're loving it here so far, that love will only increase over time, its an amazing city. I work downtown on 5th Street Friday and Saturday nights, I'm down for a few belated welcome party shots anytime

You just say when and why and I'll make a point to drop in! Matter of fact, this up comming weekend, I should be down town getting a crooked smile plastered on my lips

top topics

join