It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Guns Did Americans Buy in 2011..it's a rhetorical question. I have the figures here:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Adyta

Tauraus though, they really have pulled together and put out a first class line of weapons nowadays.

I can say this about Taurus.....I bought one a long, long time ago.

It is a .38 for two hundred dollars. That's how long ago I bought the gun.

I wanted something inexpensive that I could throw under the seat when I was near salt water. And it wouldn't have been the greatest loss in the world cause back then Tauras had a questionable reputation, and it was only two hundred bucks.

Well, I still have the Taurus. It sitll shoots fine and dandy. If a lady wants me to take her out to the gun range, and she doesn't want to deal with a .44 or something, the Taurus .38 usually makes her happy.

So, yes, the Taurus is a fine enough weapon for as far as I've owned a Taurus.

I used to have a Charter Arms .38 that I'd let the ladies use. And there was this one lady I ended up giving her the handgun as a present. There are days I miss that little Charter Arms. I could conceal that thing so easy. And it was cute. Which is why she liked it so much as a present.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by tonycliffs

Well then, I'll admit to one gun as I had posted on it earlier.
But that is all I am willing to admit to!

Why did I buy it?
To kill, to stop all life in a body, to end existence of my target.
That is all guns do.

I agree in part with much of what you say...except that's not all guns do.

Sometimes they are better than dogs for meeting women.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Now, the handgun I didn't buy in 2011, but am conemplating for 2012 is one of the Thompson G2 series: either the .223, 30-30 or 30-06.

A friend has a complete collection of the three, with scopes on each.

Those are handguns with a definite acquired taste. It's kind of like, they are cool to have....and a bit frivolous.

But, if you can't be frivilous at times with your handguns, what's the sense.

Any of you have experience with the Thompson line?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Being the 100th anniversary of the 1911 I had to get one.

After reading Barrett's book: Glock: the rise of Americas Gun, I just had to go out and get my first Glock this year.

I can't believe I let prejudice and pride keep me from buying one for so long. I think I'm hooked on Glocks now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

After reading Barrett's book: Glock: the rise of Americas Gun, I just had to go out and get my first Glock this year.

I can't believe I let prejudice and pride keep me from buying one for so long. I think I'm hooked on Glocks now.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'm a fan of 'Justified.'

Ol' Raylin Givens is sporting a Glock in just about every episode. Full screen, big as you please. Some great advertising.

In fact, you make a study of just about every video with a gun in it, then count how many times you see a Glock.

But I do have to say, it's a right proud individual who owns a Colt 1911.

There's a LOT of tradition that goes along with that baby.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And thus we get back to who are, and what are the Doomsday Preppers up to?

10.8 million guns purchased in 2011....and that's not even coming close to including those purchased privately and not reported.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
10.8 million guns purchased by Americans in 2011, alone....and that's not counting the nuber of guns sold privately.

That's enough guns to arm every soldier in the fourteen largest armies in the world....with some guns left over.

•Russian Federation 1,027,000
•North Korea 1,106,000
•South Korea 687,000
•Vietnam 455,000
•India 1,325,000
•China 2,285,000
•Iran 523,000
•United States 1,468,364
•Republic of China 290,000
•Brazil 327,710
•Pakistan 617,000
•Egypt 468,500
•Cuba 49,000
•Ukraine 129,925
•Above Total = 10,758,499

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What do you do with fifteen tons or pure methamphetamine with a street value of four billion dollars?

Why, you learn to protect yourself from the Siniola Cartel and the Mexican Mafia in whole, that's what you do.

15 tons of pure meth confiscated by the Mexican army makes you wonder how much meth is still out there crossing our borders.

For those of you who choose to remain unprotected, you have our blessings.

For the rest of us, let's see if we can't buy more than 10.8 million guns in the year 2012, and beat the 2011 record.

Cause the Mexican Mafia is sure setting records of their own.

15 tones of meth in one bust....that was equal to half of all the meth confiscated in 2009.

It's getting a lot more dangerous out there.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So, how many guns did you purchase in 2011?

How many guns have you purchased in this first month and a half of 2012?

Following Record 2011, Gun Sales Looking Good for 2012

LAS VEGAS, NV -- Many indicators, including a record-setting 2011, show the firearms industry continues to thrive in a down economy and that the potential exists for another strong sales year in 2012, reports the National Shooting Sports Foundation®, the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry.
www.opposingviews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I plan on getting a Glock (probably 17) after I get myself an AR-15.

You should look into a Springfield XD... Everyone I know that has a Glock AND an XD prefers the XD.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonycliffs
Over 10,800,000 Guns Sold in the USA in 2011
Heh. All my gun-toting republican friends were convinced when Obama took office that he was going to regulate guns more. Doesn't look like that's happened, has it? (I'm not saying he failed, I'm saying he wasn't even trying, and that they were just paranoid...)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join