It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Guns Did Americans Buy in 2011..it's a rhetorical question. I have the figures here:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Japanese Fleet Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto was once quoted during World War II as saying, ”you cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.“

According to Ammoland, more guns were purchased last year in the United States than than there are active duty military members in the world’s fourteen largest armies combined:

www.shtfplan.com...

Over 10,800,000 Guns Sold in the USA in 2011

And lots of women bought lots of those guns, I hear.

So, how many guns did you buy last year?

And why did you buy it?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tonycliffs

Well then, I'll admit to one gun as I had posted on it earlier.
But that is all I am willing to admit to!

Why did I buy it?
To kill, to stop all life in a body, to end existence of my target.
That is all guns do.
Unless you want to count it as a first class hole punch or an excellent tack driver.
But those are just practice for the reason to have a gun.
Now there are many reasons to end a life, and some are good and or productive.
There are also bad reasons to end life but, I steer clear of those as it is not my right or wish to do so.
And to answer the title of the thread, How Many Guns Did Americans Buy in 2011?
The answer is not nearly enough, if more people did, that sends an awful powerful message to everyone.
Just like the good Admiral in WWII.
Do not tread on me!
I like the idea that some argue that many of these weapons are not military grade and probably 99% are only semi automatic or less.
I just think HAAA, an AR-15 is just an M-16 without some parts.
And if that chubby guy can bumpfire his Beretta on YouTube, I guess he's just about got a full auto tec 9 huh?
Guns, it's what's making dinner!
edit on 29-1-2012 by g146541 because: guy gut gut guy, freudian slip i guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I bought 2 guns last year. A S&W Sigma, and a Taurus PT 24/7. Both .40s.

I bought them both for concealed carry. Sold the Sigma a few months ago to buy the Taurus, and sold the Taurus yesterday. Both were great guns, but I'm the kind of guy that wants top of the line. Something I could carry for the rest of my life and never think "well, that guns a lot better than mine".

So, I will be leaving my house in 15 minutes to go buy a new handgun. This time either a Glock, Sig, or Springfield.

Probably a Springfield XD.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Pleas write a thread on your new toy!
I will say you are doing it wrong, now there are 2 guns out there that may end up lonely sitting on a gun store shelf.

The idea is to get as many of them as you can and give them a good full life of love and memories!

I did not care for my fathers sigma, it was a 40V.
It had issues, and that was foreign to me as I most generally go with German/Austrian weaponry.
Tauras though, they really have pulled together and put out a first class line of weapons nowadays.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I like the German hardware also. I have an HK and a Walther for handyguns, and of course, the requisite AR15. That's all I am willing to admit to as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I bought 3
SVT40
Mossberg 500sp

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Between my husband and I, we bought 3 guns last year. One, a nice little lightweight 20 ga. for me, so I can carry it on those long walks in the bush looking for partridge. My husband bought a 12 ga. and a 300 win mag, but they're both collector items for his collection. Just fun stuff for us this year. And, though we are American, we're not from the United States. We're from the more northern part of the Americas.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Lets see, I bought a Smith & Wesson 642 last year. It's just a little .38 pocket gun that I absolutely LOVE. I carry it almost as much as I carry my Glock 27. I also bought another Springfield 1911 .45. It's the WWII Mil-spec model. I have another 1911 and I planned on breaking one of them down and customizing it but that probably isn't going to happen so I'll probably sell the one I just bought. I also bought a Sig 229 in .40 The only guns I actually carry are my Glock and my S&W, the other ones are just a hobby. I really enjoy shooting and tinkering around with guns.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You just joined this site on the 28th of January, you've posted nothing but gun and ammo posts, and your first thread is asking ATS users what guns they purchased.

WARNING...DANGER WILL ROBINSON...DANGER

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I never bought one last year, or the preceeding teh years as well.....I have a ten year gun ban (thanks bitch)
The good news is its up this year.....
Just in time maybe.....
My collection ran to over fifty handguns at one time.....
Plus mosr semi milspec weapons available mi mi carbine, 6.5x55 swedish. m16 h bar,dae woo max 2 and many other civvy guns too.....
Beware the lil wifey if shes wanting to cash in her chips on you.....
They have a habit of accusing the old man of threatening them with his collection....
Truth to tell she was simply a psychopath....
Im gonna get me a new m16 h bar first, then a handgun of 38 super cal a 1911 in that cal either a commander or govt mod.and also build a 45, top end for it....
Think ill stop there.....and stock up ammo after that....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You just told an anonymous user who just joined ATS about your gun collection, wife's intentions, and specific models you plan to buy.

You also gave specific models on what you own and how many.

THINK
edit on 29-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

Very good point. So OP why are you so interested in the specifics of what, and how many gun ATSers own? Also without giving any info about your guns etc... Seems like data collection to me, the only question is who are you collecting data for?
edit on 29-1-2012 by Majiq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
reply to post by stirling

You just told an anonymous user who just joined ATS about your gun collection, wife's intentions, and specific models you plan to buy.

You also gave specific models on what you own and how many.

THINK
edit on 29-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

I thought about that also, but the feds already know who bought what. They know what you own, unless you bought it from a private party, which is what I recommend. You think they destroy the records like they are "supposed to"?

Please.

Think about this: Any time some nutter shoots up a campus somewhere, the coppers tell the press the full history of the gun used - from the store it was purchased from, when it was bought, who bought it... They were supposed to destroy those records, remember? Yet there it is at the coppers' disposal. It goes nowhere.

edit on 29-1-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Who do you WORK for?
2nd

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is impossible I am sure I was told by ATS that the NWO, Obama, Bush, UN, FEMA had used some crime, murder, shooting false flag years ago to take away all the guns. Are you trying to tell me in a facist, communist, police state we are allowed to buy so many guns evey year? Clearly that would make no sense. So my only conclusion is those guns must all be fakes and everyone has been tricked. Oh that sneaky NWO they got us again.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Japanese Fleet Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto was once quoted during World War II as saying, ”you cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.“

The power to disarm is greater than that of guns : how many members in the world gained this power

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I recently purchased a .22 Ruger Target Pistol, and I'm having so much fun with it and subsonic ammo.

Yes, It's a glorified pellet pistol with subsomic rounds...no, it's still better than a pellet pistol depending on what kind of subsonic rounds I use.

I like to practice a fast draw and shoot. With the subsonics I can walk around the property with the dogs and do a quick draw on targets set up in various places.

One caveat is that the subsonics don't have enough blow back to eject the round. Ergo, I eject the round by manually. No big deal. The idea is to see how fast I can draw down and hit something with the first round, anyway.

The Ruger action does somewhat assimilate my Glocks.

Of course, if I want to use a Glock, I turn the boom box on and the closest neighbors really can't hear a .40 caliber round go off. But it can be kind of rude playing loud music like that. Especially on a Sunday or something like that. Ergo, the subsonics are a good alternative.

Yes, I could have purchased a German manufacture .22 with a silencer. But that is extra barrel length to extract from a holster and takes away from the replication of drawing down with a Glock. And the German made .22s are more like replicating a Colt 1911, anyway.

PS.....as for those who expressed a fear of talking about guns, then don't talk about guns. What could be simpler?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
A guy traded me his 20 guage single shot and a gasoline generator for an old Toyota pickup truck that I really didn't feel like doing the mechanical work on.

And he is a mechanic and wanted to do the work on the truck.

So, If I got to knock off a skunk or something, the .20 gauge will probably work pretty good.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

So, I will be leaving my house in 15 minutes to go buy a new handgun. This time either a Glock, Sig, or Springfield.

Probably a Springfield XD.

So, you're getting an early jump on the number of gun purchases for 2012?

If 10.8 million can be sold in 2011, what's to say that more can't be sold in 2012?

They say it's going to be an interesting year. That this is the year the economy may go really belly up.

So, who's to say that even more than 10.8 million guns will be sold in the first six months of 2012?

You just never know until 2013.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I never bought one last year, or the preceeding teh years as well.....I have a ten year gun ban (thanks bitch)

Well, guns can pretty much last a long, long time if well taken care of. Ten years is really not that old for a well oiled weapon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join