It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Mind Control Technology and A.I. Revealed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
reply to post by somerandomuser

I'd imagine it's still kind of a ham-fisted effect. 16 bit hallucinations, if you will.

I'd imagine there is a "flat" affect to any emotional state induced, divorced as it must needs be from the subject's personal frame of reference for experiencing any given emotion.

Not according to Deepthought. The hallucination are used to interact with the A.I. Everything from speech, right through to interacting with an A.I. avatar. Apparently, it can do things like voice impressions and create figures you can interact with in the spacial reasoning.

Further, it would seem that it has very fine-grained control over emotions and sensations too.

They must have a map of generalised clusters and the A.I. can play through those maps to achieve numerous effects.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
They have come a long long way from Artichoke.....
The whole scene is fraught with some very unreal danger for us.....
Lets hope they dont start building him into something called skynet soon....

Skynet is a British communications system.

en.wikipedia.org...

I doubt there is any risk as portrayed in the movie Terminator.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
My point is one corrupted memory could tarnish the entire reality... the Human mind is fragile.

And electric, hence you could wipe it completely blank on accident.
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

I don't think memory is as fragile as you think. Humans take much more punishment over a lifetime than any computer and for the most part it stays relatively intact. Sure, there are diseases and instances of amnesia, but these are rare events in the larger context.

As for wiping memories completely, I don't think it can be done. We don't know enough about how memory is encoded and stored at this point. Even incidents such as electro-shock treatment do not have a great effect on longterm memory, so there is a lot going on there we don't understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

The A.I. is sophisticated, really sophisticated. Has anyone heard of this A.I. before?

No. Never heard of it before at all. Thank you for bringing all of this out on to ATS.

This is going to be a great thread.

The fact that it can spawn its own virtual instances of itself is amazing.

Well, if you use shared resources, that means all you need to worry about is a presentation layer. That is, a series of pipes with information going in and out and basic logic for the A.I. to work with. A set of generic structure would work best, such as localised memory, unique databases and interfaces to output systems such as speech, etc. All complex reasoning would be performed by a shared engine of sorts.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

All complex reasoning would be performed by a shared engine of sorts.

Good God, it really is a hive-mind, throwing up an instanced and appropriate face on demand. So I am assuming that it has been deployed.

I really don't have the depth of knowledge to ask really good questions so I will just try to come from where I am at.

One application I can think of is that if the machine were powerful enough, the thing could sort of 'moderate' the web, couldn't it?

Also I was wondering if this has anything to do with what I have been seeing referred to as 'NSA nodes'?

Thank you for your response.

X.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

First, I'd like to thank the Op for collecting all this information and presenting it in one thread.

I have yet to read all of the articles, but I have studied mind control in depth, so I'm quite interested in piecing this all together from what I've already learned.

I don't think memory is as fragile as you think. Humans take much more punishment over a lifetime than any computer and for the most part it stays relatively intact.

The mind is a wonderful thing. It has its own built in firewall, so to speak. Yes, it is durable, but its defense mechanism is to fracture. Where a computer can block any actions that would cause it harm, the brain is able to divide and branch off.

In the event of systematic abuse, other personalities are formed to protect the core personality. Computers aren't able to do this because the equivalent would be to spawn other computers.

Creating and programming other personalities was being experimented with even before the Nazis started their experiments. I believe as far back as the late 1800s, but I'll have to go back and look this one up.

I'm going to have to read and digest the articles before commenting again, but I just wanted to add a bit and am interested in reading what others are going to add.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Okay, as I say, I do not have a lot of grounding in the whole remote control mind and body manipulation/targeted individual stuff. So I hope you'll go easy on me when I go into one of the reasons I feel uneasy as I get into this material.

I looked into symptoms commonly reported by those who feel themselves to be TIs:

Invasive At-a-Distance Body Effects (including mind):

Sleep deprivation and fatigue:

-Silent but instantaneous application of "electronic caffeine" signal, forces awake and keeps awake
-Loud noise from neighbors, usually synchronized to attempts to fall asleep
-Precision-to-the-second "allowed sleep" and "forced awakening"; far too precise and repeated to be natural
-Daytime "fatigue attacks", can force the victim to sleep and/or weaken the muscles to the point of collapse

Violent muscle triggering (flailing of limbs):

-Leg or arm jerks to violently force awake and keep awake
-Whole body jerks, as if body had been hit by large jolt of electricity
-Violent shaking of body; seemingly as if on a vibrating surface but where surface is in reality not vibrating

Direct application of pain to body parts:

-Hot-needles-deep-in-flesh sensation
-Electric shocks (no wires whatsoever applied)
-Powerful and unquenchable itching, often applied precisely when victim attempts to do something to expose this "work"
-"Artificial fever", sudden, no illness present vs. sudden racing heartbeat, relaxed situation

Many of these symptoms are similar to those who are sensitive to EMF.

The itching and prickles especially.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I've just started to read the first article, but want to add one thing that has happened to me a few times and wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen.

The first article states:

Approaches to synthetic telepathy can be categorized into two major groups, passive and active. Like sonar, the receiver can take part or passively listen.

This reminded me of a few instances I've had with the TV. It started a few months ago. I was at my parents house and my mom and I were watching TV. I said something to her, then the person on the TV repeated exactly what I had just said. A couple of hours later it happened again, then again. We laughed it off as a strange coincidence, but it has happened three more times since then about a month apart.

I feel strange mentioning this because it could simply be a coincidence. It could also be me tuning in to whatever is getting ready to be said on the TV and not that a passive interface is logging into my brainwaves.

If this hasn't happened to anyone else, please don't reply to this post. I don't want to upset the flow of the thread with my own strange unexplained occurances.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
wow cool.. lots of info here to dig through..

i will return once my grey matter has absorbed this lot and make a comment =)

peace

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So what the hell do we do if/when they have the capabilities to mind control the masses and/or read everyone's mind ---- and become, literally, the thought police. This is an incredibly frightening technology, especially seeing as it's meant for one diabolical purpose the elites will exploit.

Then again, if we could somehow get our hands on the tech, and use it to counter the psychopaths. Expose all of them, especially those in positions of power/influence. Maybe they already are mind controlling us and we're unawares. Scary thought....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

One application I can think of is that if the machine were powerful enough, the thing could sort of 'moderate' the web, couldn't it?

Also I was wondering if this has anything to do with what I have been seeing referred to as 'NSA nodes'?

Thank you for your response.

X.

I don't know about moderating the web, but it is complex enough to mimic a human on the web, solve captchas, etc. No doubt it has tens of thousands of accounts on all sorts of services globally, some of which allow user moderators.

I think what you should take from this is that it is already on the web and pretending to be normal users. So, there is a capability to shout down dissent, deny revealed material or otherwise post nonsense.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Certainly would cut down on the costs incurred by hiring professional human shills.

Do you have any thoughts on how we could spot the virtual variant?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

The mind is a wonderful thing. It has its own built in firewall, so to speak. Yes, it is durable, but its defense mechanism is to fracture. Where a computer can block any actions that would cause it harm, the brain is able to divide and branch off.

In the event of systematic abuse, other personalities are formed to protect the core personality. Computers aren't able to do this because the equivalent would be to spawn other computers.

Multiple personalities are rare and usually associated with trauma in early childhood. The personalities may or may not be aware of each other.

It is easy to distinguish between an A.I. in your head and multiple personalities. Normally, MP (for short) do not converse within the mind, the personality is drawn forward under certain conditions. Secondly, an A.I. can perform feats such as independent reasoning, object recognition, etc.

If its an A.I., you could chat to it, just like you would a normal human. It will give you its opinions, draw on other information sources you have not heard of and be devoid of emotion (except where it mimics it).

Its pretty easy to tell the difference, if you know what to look for.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think what you should take from this is that it is already on the web and pretending to be normal users. So, there is a capability to shout down dissent, deny revealed material or otherwise post nonsense.

Got it. Thanks for bottom lining it. I am pretty sure I have encountered it before.

;lol:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
This reminded me of a few instances I've had with the TV. It started a few months ago. I was at my parents house and my mom and I were watching TV. I said something to her, then the person on the TV repeated exactly what I had just said. A couple of hours later it happened again, then again. We laughed it off as a strange coincidence, but it has happened three more times since then about a month apart.

I think you need to consider the logistics involved. Firstly, the A.I. would need to have a backdoor into each of the broadcast services, or an insider on a live show, to determine what was being said. Then they would need to relay that info to you, ahead of the broadcast and hope you would actually say it.

The only other way would be to capture the signal before it arrived at your home, analyse it and relay the info to your brain.

It would be a waste of time and, as such, your incidents were most likely coincidence.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I glanced through a few of the linked articles and WOW!

I gotta spend a bit more time on this!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That's correct, but one of the things I've learned through my study of handwriting analysis is that each personality even has it's own style. Truly amazing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
So what the hell do we do if/when they have the capabilities to mind control the masses and/or read everyone's mind ---- and become, literally, the thought police. This is an incredibly frightening technology, especially seeing as it's meant for one diabolical purpose the elites will exploit.

Then again, if we could somehow get our hands on the tech, and use it to counter the psychopaths. Expose all of them, especially those in positions of power/influence. Maybe they already are mind controlling us and we're unawares. Scary thought....

Its already in place. I see no technical reason why thousand or even tens of thousands cannot be broadcast to simultaneously. It just comes down to the complexity of the broadcast equipment. Unlike modern digital transmissions, which are limited due to bandwidth, we occupy a particular bandwidth each with unique signals. That means there is the potential, at least, to broadcast to everyone. Its just a matter of building the correct radio.

We know its being exploited, we have the reports from all over the web and eye-witnesses to the technology. We just don't know how wide-spread it is, but its in the US, EU and Asia-pacific.

So, the worst-case scenario is already upon us.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Certainly would cut down on the costs incurred by hiring professional human shills.

Do you have any thoughts on how we could spot the virtual variant?

Almost impossible. Its easy to spot the mental variety because you realise that thought wasn't me...and if it wasn't you, you are either mad or its an A.I.

Again, the difference is easy, madness cannot recognise objects or debate existence with you for most of the day!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It would be a waste of time and, as such, your incidents were most likely coincidence.

You're most likely correct, but I felt the need to mention it because it happened too many times and it freaked me out. It happened in front of one of my friends, too.

From the same article:

In 2001, President Vladimir V. Putin signed into law a bill making it illegal to employ "electromagnetic, infrasound ... radiators" and other weapons of "psychotronic influence" with intent to cause harm.

This info just raised Putin up a few points in my book. I fear that the US would never make this technology illegal. The TV has much power and I believe that it is partly to blame for ADHD in children.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join