It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile battalion in Syria defects! Threatens to bomb Assad's palace!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And let's mention that Syria got chemical and biological weapons. I doubt very much these defectors have them, but you never know.

Arab spring FF

Reports that a missile battalion defected in Damascus outskirts and threatened to attack the Presidential palace if attacked.

100% confirmed that the missile battalion has defected in Damascus. They have the capability to attack the palace.

it is 100% confirmed that the Missile Battalion has defected, capability of hitting the presidential palace is there, threats not confirmed

A well placed Scud up's Assad butt would sure be nice.

Update : The Syrian Days Of Rage

Breaking News: Defections in #Damascus in Abbasid Square and Baghdad Street in #Damascus . Brigade with 600 soldiers split missiles and threatens to bomb the presidential palace and branches of the military intelligence office.

+1

Breaking News: Defection of entire Missile Battalion in #Damascus countryside. Threatened to bombard the Presentational Palace and the intelligence headquarters in the event of an air strike and negotiations are under way to vacate the site and secure supplies and defected soldiers!

edit on 29-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is definatly making a major turn for the better/worse.

I was watching a clip last night showing how some of the soldiers that were made to go against the civilians, some backed out and put down their weapons. They were shot on sight by the others as they put down their weapons and walked towards the people.

This is very sad that it must come to such a division of people. I wish it had never gotten this far, but it looks like it's about to go seriously out of control. Who knows what damage this could cause, or if such weapons and cituations could go more out of control and get used on nearby countries by accident or on purpose.

My hearts and prayers go out to those people.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Question is-Who is the boss of these rebel guys?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The Middle East has been and still is one huge puppet show. TPTB are on a world tour, and Syria is the current host of the games. I hope Syria doesn't submit.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If this is true, Assad still has a whole army to crush this battalion. I doubt Assad is worried to much sitting in his bunker that a Scud would not do any damage to. Assad would need to keep this quiet because if the rest of the Army hears about this, that would be more dangerous to him than being attacked by these scuds.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I doubt very much these defectors have them, but you never know.

The thing is, can they get them?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Damascus has had alot of defections as of late and the the gov seems to have lost control of parts of it. The problem if you are Assad is you have less and less trust in sending your military to do anything as they may defect and if you send the Iranians who you know are loyal it will cause even more of the population to turn against him. Just like Libya its really only a matter of time. The only question is how bloody is Assad willing to make it before he goes down and if a major blood bath will bring in outside action.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I hope when our boys in uniform are forced to choose sides they are not foolish enough to lay down their weapons! I suggest their primary targets be FEMA camps, Homeland Security headquarters and private military forces hired by the U.S. govt.:lol

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Night protest calling for the fall of the #Assad regime

Syrian troops battle to retake Damascus suburbs

Reports claim five civilians and six soldiers killed as up to 2,000 troops and tanks move into capital's outskirts

Demand of the soldiers : Assad must step down or the presidential palace will be bombed along with all intelligence offices in Damascus

Missiles contain no chemical warheads

+1

Reports that Assad wife and children attempted to flee #Syria by Damascus airport, foiled by FSA

Maybe the Free Syrian Army have captured them? That would be neat.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And you guys really believe that everything will be solved if Assad dies? Maybe if that's what the media says

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
And you guys really believe that everything will be solved if Assad dies? Maybe if that's what the media says

Well the killing might stop. Maybe.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yes. Nobody is going to make deal with this guy, way to much Syrian bood on his hands. He has to go away or die and people will deal with whomever takes over. If he does not go then the rebels will take over in what could be a long bloody war.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

"Maybe the Free Syrian Army have captured them?",,,maybe the " Free Syrian Army ",,, had a warning ,,not too FLY,,, think about that,, and the " Free Syrian Army " SAVED there ASS'SS ASSADA"S ,,ASS'SS.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
reply to post by theRhenn

I hope when our boys in uniform are forced to choose sides they are not foolish enough to lay down their weapons! I suggest their primary targets be FEMA camps, Homeland Security headquarters and private military forces hired by the U.S. govt.:lol

I have alot of faith in our boys. I honestly dont feel that we're as asleep as everyone thinks. We do have a boiling point, and right now I hear a slight whistle in the kettle. A well known saying.. It's got to get worse before it gets better."

This country is always divided untill something happens to it. After it's "fixed" we go right back to our divided lives. Guess thats the bad thing about having 2 parties. But if we had 4, we'd have more divided people. Guess it doesnt matter how many sides you have, even if you only have one, it will always break into two.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
I was watching a clip last night showing how some of the soldiers that were made to go against the civilians, some backed out and put down their weapons. They were shot on sight by the others as they put down their weapons and walked towards the people.

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Question is-Who is the boss of these rebel guys?

Their refusal to attack civilians may have been an act of conscience on the part of each individual and not necessarily have been an action that was lead in anyway other than it does appear that globally, a lot of people are waking up and starting to think for themselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Yes. Nobody is going to make deal with this guy, way to much Syrian bood on his hands. He has to go away or die and people will deal with whomever takes over. If he does not go then the rebels will take over in what could be a long bloody war.

You think all of this is because of one man?

You think the soldiers on his side are not able to consider why they are fighting?

When has killing the popular bad guy ended anything during this recent crusade? It has only intensified the situation.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I am confused, confirmed or not confirmed? you say both.

100% confirmed that the missile battalion has defected in Damascus. They have the capability to attack the palace.

it is 100% confirmed that the Missile Battalion has defected, capability of hitting the presidential palace is there, threats not confirmed

edit on 30-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
I am confused, confirmed or not confirmed? you say both.

edit on 30-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

It's confirmed they have defected, or at least opposed to carry on orders from the regime in power.

What is not confirmed is their wish to retaliate or side with the rebels/opposing force. Provably because they are at least aware of the responsibility they have on the whole issue, and how many people's safety depend on it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Welcome to international intervention? This is serious! I can care less about Assad's palace being in the cross hairs. What is important about this is the fact that these missiles can reach targets beyond Syrian borders. Which means it has become a regional crisis instead of an internal one. That does not mean that the Syrian military that sided with the rebels will launch the missiles beyond the border or even at the Presidential Palace, but the risk is there.

I would not be surprised if Israel gets involved with this? They have had bombing raids inside Syria before. They do like to preempt perceived threats. Moreover, they don't usually wait to ask people's opinions either. Better to the devil you know than the one you don't. At least in Israel's case. That is another important angle to keep in mind.

Furthermore, I can see more activity at the UN about this as well. A no-fly zone, sanctions, and even peace keepers should the need arise. All I am saying is that it may not be as advantageous to the rebels as they may think it is by the alleged defection of this missile battalion. This development is definitely something to keep an eye on in the coming days.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

twitter.... Not credible.

Secondly you should check my previous post.Thirdly bloodshed will increase exponentially as genocide will be waged by sunnis on christians and Alawites.

www.muslimnews.co.uk...
edit on 30-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join