It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

messed up code after Google Chrome 16 update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hi is anybody else having problems with ATS today? It seems really weird for me, like some type of coding error. Everything seems more basic without any of the graphics and everything is smaller and pushed towards the left. The forums page does not have any pictures and the sections start from left and they go diagonal. this has happened to me before but that was fixed within minutes, this has been like this all day today1
edit on 29-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Everything seems normal here.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Hi is anybody else having problems with ATS today? It seems really weird for me, like some type of coding error. Everything seems more basic without any of the graphics and everything is smaller and pushed towards the left. The forums page does not have any pictures and the sections start from left and they go diagonal. this has happened to me before but that was fixed within minutes, this has been like this all day today1

yup i hear ya and raise ya ( aka bump )
edit on 29-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am guessing it's a google chrome problem I had recently updated to chrome 16 and right now I am using Internet Explorer and everything seems to be working as normal, but when I go to google chrome it's messed up

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

chrome does seem to play up, i dont use IE for anything, i mostly run moz or operra.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

chrome does seem to play up, i dont use IE for anything, i mostly run moz or operra.

I know, I know use chrome I hope ATS realizes this bug soon. Because I am sure millions of Chrome users out there, maybe some don't update as often as I do, so they don't get the errors at the same time but I am sure its a chrome error now, I think it's something on the server end. I see some backend code redirecting me to the server at the bottom of the pages.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Chrome hates Macros

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I know, I know use chrome I hope ATS realizes this bug soon.

What do you mean by that?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I know, I know use chrome I hope ATS realizes this bug soon.

What do you mean by that?

me too.

Apparently, Chrome only understands what it wants to.
edit on 1/29/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've been having a bit of trouble and thought it was my ISP. Everything has been loading slow and sloppy. No old people jokes please.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
latest chrome ver., xp pro w/sp2, running virtually naked with no windoze updates or anti-anything for months and months now...

singing like a songbird, here.

?
?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I use chrome and am not having any problems with ATS.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Don't download Google Chrome

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Using the latest version of Chrome also... no issues on this end.

If you're not seeing images, then the problem may be ISP/Firewall related as all imagery is delivered via a CDN system on a separate domain.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That's interesting because I am using my school's internet system and it works fine on IE, Firefox any other browser, but Google Chrome. Chrome is my main browser.

However, I do tether through my smartphone sometimes, maybe that's what messed it up.

edit on 30-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I am guessing it's a google chrome problem I had recently updated to chrome 16 and right now I am using Internet Explorer and everything seems to be working as normal, but when I go to google chrome it's messed up

Obviously a Java Plug in problem. See here: chrome-plugins.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Obviously a Java Plug in problem. See here: chrome-plugins.org...

Not really, as I reinstalled and updated java, and restarted my computer too. Really scratching my head on this one cause all the other websites seem to work fine. Maybe Chrome 16 really is unstable.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Have you tried logging out, clear the chrome history then reloading and logging back in?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Apparently I was right didn't need to go far to see a list of complaints.

Top Contributor
12/14/11
1. Downloads are interrupted in Chrome, but finish fine in other browsers.

Track progress at: www.google.com...

2. Flash is not showing, leaving a transparent box
Google is looking into this issue at www.google.com... If you do use gfxCardStatus, we're tracking the issue here at crbug.com... and you can star it to follow progress.

For those with the transparent hole issue who are not using gfxCardStatus, you can star crbug.com... to follow progress as we investigate. Also, try disabling Flash hardware accleration.

3. Flash crashes often.
If Flash crashes (Chrome 14.0+), join www.google.com...

See handsomeorlandoman’s answers there for updates on this issue.

4. Flash freezes often.
If Flash freezes (Chrome 11.0+), join www.google.com...

5. Chrome crashes after four seconds on Macs.

Try deleting the PepperFlash directory in ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/Google/Chrome
Original discussion: www.google.com...
Bug file: http:/crbug.com/103788

6. Google Chrome keeps switching the default search engine to Yahoo.

7. Amazon doesn’t load.

Google is tracking this issue at www.crbug.com...

8. Can't install Chrome on Ubuntu 11.10.
Try the suggestions Luke Wood posted at www.google.com...

9. Problems with Facebook page display.
We are looking into this at www.google.com... and www.google.com...
Got a problem with Facebook? Read this first: www.google.com...

10. chrome.dll error, Interactive services dialog detection, A program can't display a message on desktop.
Users have reported that using Chrome 15.0.874.121 and up on Windows Vista or Windows 7 shows chrome.dll errors upon start up, sometimes even when not running. Constant Guard seems to be the cause of this issue.
See screenshot: goo.gl... Original discussion: www.google.com... Bug file: www.crbug.com...

11. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Hotmail Aw snap message.
Update McAfee’s SiteAdvisor extension to solve this problem. Sie_Deen said at the original discussion:

1. For folks who had disabled SiteAdvisor, you can re-enable the extension similar to how you had disabled it. Go to the wrench icon -> Options ->Extensions -> find SiteAdvisor, and check the Enabled checkbox.
2. Once it's re-enabled, you'll notice the McAfee SiteAdvisor extension icon on the right end of the address bar. See Ref[1] below to see what it looks like.

3. Click on the extension icon, and select About
4. In the McAfee SiteAdvisor window that pops up, click on Check for updates

The current SiteAdvisor version is 3.4.0.143. If you continue to have the same crash issues, please try re-installing SiteAdvisor from siteadvisor.com.

12. "This page has insecure content" warning appears on all pages.

Try disabling your extensions one by one to find the culprit.

As always, if you have found a bug with Chrome 16, please let us know about it. Feel free to ask questions here too.

Thanks!

www.google.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well apparently clearing the history worked. As I cleared the history from an hour ago and then it got less jumbled. I cleared the history, "For all time" as Chrome likes to say. And it perfect now. I wonder why that is? Oh well, thanx guys!

new topics

top topics

join