It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why the occupy movement MUST BE STOPPED!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Good thank god someone with a sign of intelligence... Now take a look around at how many people are crying about a flag not the American flag being burned lolol... Good for you bro... Educating yourself. God bless you and peace be with you!

BRITTISH MARITIME ADMIRALTY FLAG ... GOOGLE IT before you start crying about these people burning the American flag. God bless those people standing up against brittish tyrannical law. If I could I'd piss and poop on it too.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun
The flag represents the nation. Burning it is symbolically burning the nation or the powers in charge.

Thats why its so offensive.

It's hilarious. Your nation is a mess, your pride is misplaced, and the flag burning is appropriate.

Your flag represents worldwide oppression. You represent flag worship and indoctrination.

The more American flags burned, the better.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

This is actually why the power has to stop abusing people. If people were happy they obviously wouldn't be acting in this way. Pretty freaking simple if you ask a dimwit such as myself.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

Actually, I was stating that what you posted was incorrect as sited below:

From USHIstory.org:

What does the fringe on the flag represent?
The gold trim is found on ceremonial flags, to be used indoors and for ceremonies only. They originally were used on military flags. The fringe has no specific significance, but is considered completely within the guidelines of proper flag etiquette. There is nothing in the flag code indicating that the fringe is for federal government flags only. The Internet contains many sites that claim that the fringe indicates martial law or that the Constitution does not apply in that area. These are entirely unfounded (usually citing Executive Order 10834 and inventing text that is not part of the order) and should be dismissed as urban legends.

Executive Order 10834:
www.ushistory.org...

Sorry, I guess you can take back the compliment on my intelligence.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

War is always the execution of policy by force, the end of diplomacy and the degradation of the human condition. Nevertheless we can clearly classify wars as illegal when legal requirements and obligations are not met.

The war on drugs is an illegal war, states that engage in such actions are by default corrupt, this is clearly the case of the USA, the only nation that takes actions on these issues outside its borders to the detriment of local people (this is well documented, and every American citizen should be ashamed of this history, even if they, erroneously, supporting the local law and policy about drugs, external misery is fomented by local demand, government organizations engage in trafficking and depend on in for funding, large number of the population is put behind bars and striped of rights because of that idiotic policy whatever view one defends on the subject I would say that it is unanimous that the policy is unworkable and destructive).

The war on terrorism is similarly an illegal war, internally and externally, terrorism is unconventional warfare of militias against civilian. The only way to fight it is to address the causes and win good will. Active suppression only foster more terrorism and bigger threats.

If one looks closely the ones that are to blame are the same that benefit from the policies and laws that enable such illegalities in all sides of the issue, not the victims.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Taken back!

A whole other set of laws are in effect under the fringed Maritime flag. And we're seeing it continue to become more and more prevalent on military uniforms, police and private security uniforms, in public areas and throughout government. It's not just a pretty decoration.

Under Maritime Admiralty law the corporation of the United States, not the constitutional entity, is in control. For those of you unfamiliar with maritime law and its legal implications, here's a brief explanation:

Ever wonder why some American flags, especially those in your courts of law, police stations, and even in the lobby of Walt Disney Corporation all have a gold fringe? It’s not to make the flag look more regal, but to make sure that those who are governed by the law of that institution are NOT governed by the United States of America Constitution, but by the bylaws of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CORPORATION.

The Corporation is a headless beast that strives to create profit. Profit to a laymen is money. Profit to those who control the world is control. The gold fringe on any American flag is the greatest level of desecration one could have. This goes for state flags as well. It says to the legal world that you are under the law of the Corporation and NOT the country.
Ultimately when you walk into a court of law, you are being governed by the bylaws of a Corporation and not by your Constitution. There are courts that decide if a matter is Constitutional or Unconstitutional, but they are merely looking out of their legal domain and into ours, for we the people, are the only body or group that considers itself under the Constitution.

Straightforward fact - yet no one notices

What is Maritime Law?

The gold fringe originates from something called Maritime Law. This was a technique that countries used back in the days of Naval fleets that needed to barter and or sign treaties between nations. Each ship flew a flag of its country to denote its legal domain. This flag was honored as the legal domain over that ship. If one were to step onto that ship, one was subject to the written and recorded laws of that flag’s country.

The gold fringe on the United States flag is a legal holdover from these times. When one walks into the courtroom or any other institution with a gold fringe, one has surrendered to the bylaws of that Corporation and NOT the Constitution. (Source)

REPEAT CORPORATIONS NOT THE CONSTITUTION!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You may have noticed that the national flag of the United States always has a gold fringe when displayed in court or federal buildings, and you see this also in federally-funded schools and on the uniforms of US troops. Under the International Law of the Flags, a gold fringe indicates the jurisdiction of commercial law, also known as British Maritime Law, and, in the U.S., as the Uniform Commercial Code, or UCC. The gold fringe is not part of the American flag known as the Stars and Stripes, but it is a legal symbol indicating that the court, government building, school or soldier is operating under British Maritime Law and the Uniform Commercial Code; military and merchant law.

For example, if you appear in a court with a gold-fringed flag your constitutional rights are suspended, and you are being tried under British Maritime (military/merchant) Law. If it seems strange that a court or building on dry land could be administered under Maritime or Admiralty Law, look at US Code, Title 18 B 7. It says that Admiralty Jurisdiction is applicable in the following locations:

1) the high seas
2) any American ship
3) any lands reserved or acquired for the use of the United States, and under the exclusive or concurrent jurisdiction thereof, or any place purchased or otherwise acquired by the United States by consent of the legislature of the state. In other words, mainland America.

Again and again... That is not an American flag it is a brittish maritime admiralty flag

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enemyc0mbatant
You may have noticed that the national flag of the United States always has a gold fringe when displayed in court or federal buildings, and you see this also in federally-funded schools and on the uniforms of US troops. Under the International Law of the Flags, a gold fringe indicates the jurisdiction of commercial law, also known as British Maritime Law, and, in the U.S., as the Uniform Commercial Code, or UCC. The gold fringe is not part of the American flag known as the Stars and Stripes, but it is a legal symbol indicating that the court, government building, school or soldier is operating under British Maritime Law and the Uniform Commercial Code; military and merchant law.

For example, if you appear in a court with a gold-fringed flag your constitutional rights are suspended, and you are being tried under British Maritime (military/merchant) Law. If it seems strange that a court or building on dry land could be administered under Maritime or Admiralty Law, look at US Code, Title 18 B 7. It says that Admiralty Jurisdiction is applicable in the following locations:

Again and again... That is not an American flag it is a brittish maritime admiralty flag.

1) the high seas
2) any American ship
3) any lands reserved or acquired for the use of the United States, and under the exclusive or concurrent jurisdiction thereof, or any place purchased or otherwise acquired by the United States by consent of the legislature of the state. In other words, mainland America.

Thankyou I learned something today....now if i can get hooked on phonics so that my ability to spell and use corect grammar and puntuation wouldn't be so dreadful.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I could just as easily post a picture of a police officer beating an innocent person down, and then say "this is why they must be stopped." It's a generalization...........

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
I suppose in every war worth fighting there there will be collateral damage. Otherwise most would be swiftly forgotten. If you want to make an impression you have to break a few things.
Besides, they have insurance for this, even for war.
Sure there are a few bad apples, to the delight of TPTB, but if you look at their core argument, its still a worthy fight.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Thou art mistaken. Most insurance policies deliberately and pointedly exclude "acts of war". I know this because of how hard it was to get insurance in some of my previous employment escapades. You will pay out the ass for insurance that covers acts of war.

Just wait 'til war season opens up at the end of March.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Thanks for the book. It's available on Librevox. I'll be listening to it tonight. I like Jack London.

Though I personally would want a less destructive means of protesting, I'd prefer the actual act of protesting to continue. If we stop one group of people protesting, nothing is to stop All groups from being stopped.
Everyone hates that Westboro guy, but there he is, still going on, because the right to protest must be protected.
edit on 30-1-2012 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
They want violence. This is not the boston
tea party or the revolution war. Quit comparing them.
Ready for the onslaught of PRO occupy defending
the actions of these people and the occupy movement.
It will be stopped I PROMISE.

You ask the people to stop comparing these movments to times when free men stood up for what they believed in like the revolutionary war. Thats exactly whats going on now with the occupy movment and guess what when freedom is at stake its never a pretty picture when your forced to stand up for those freedoms. With a crippled economy that shows no signs of stabilzing people are losing everything. Its easy for someone who hasnt lost everything they own or care about to say that the occupiers are starting to get out of hand. Well guess what the majority of these ppl have lost everything why do you think most can camp out for weeks to months at a time, they have nothing left to lose. when large amounts of a nations population are at the point of nothing left to lose what did you think was gonna happen. I know the elite hope we all just roll over and die in the gutter somewhere, but if we did that we wouldnt be americans. Americans satnd up for themselves when their beaten back into a cornor, americans except that lives will be lost in fighting for what our nation once stood for, americans also knock down everyone who stands in the way, so start getting use to seeing alot more violence in the street composed of greater and greater numbers each time. Because we live in a nation thats in a downward spiral no true peace will come till the 1% loosen the grip they have around the throats of the 99%, what that means is if u make 10 million ull have to live with 3 million (Damn hope you can budget that some how), and if u make 50 million you'll have to settel for 20. Now if some1 else can figure out a way to stabilize the economy for a prolonged period of time id love to hear it and seeing how every 3-4 months hundreds of thousands of college students enter a non existant job market with debt that will slowly cripple their financial and emotional state, not to mention the millions draining states money in unemployment and other benefits, and the housing market putting millions more on the street each year, your plan better be fast acting because the proposed plan to take from the rich and give to the poor is proven to work. The great depression ended bc we were able to maintain a middle class but that was only bc the wealthiest of ppl only kept 10% of the money they made the rest went to the infrastructure that acted as the foundation of the great economy we once had. Anyone who cant see the full spectrum of whats going on in the world needs to take their fears and paranoias else where bc your the embodyment of ignorance that has been a cancer to this world since man figured out it was aware. I know your all scared (OMG SOMEONE PLZ THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!) and you dnt want to accept that violence in any manor is acceptable, but turn on your tv to any major news station and look at all the countries in termoil, so many nations are having revolutions right now and thats bc the global economy is failing. America is not immune to an economic collapse especially when were really not doing much to fix it. Our goverment keeps finding loop holes that last a short while but then brings us further off then we were before. If you cant see what im saying as truth then your stuck in a bubble consumed by only what benifits you and those you know directly which isnt enough.
edit on 30-1-2012 by VibratoryAgent because: didnt finish what i was trying to say

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

1. Flag-burning is your constitutional right.

2. You do not have the right to protect property with deadly force. You can protect it from a home invasion if you are not the initial aggressor, but there would be some questions raised about 'waiting to shoot' as they come over the threshold.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by duality90

1. Flag-burning is your constitutional right.

2. You do not have the right to protect property with deadly force. You can protect it from a home invasion if you are not the initial aggressor, but there would be some questions raised about 'waiting to shoot' as they come over the threshold.

Sir number 2 differs on state law. Some states require that you must prove you were in a dangerous situation or they will call it murder. Other states allow you to shoot someone as soon as they step on your property. Other states allow it if you you have a sign that says trespasers will be shot.

Somthing I learned in security

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You guys don't understand. I live not far away from Oakland. In northern california Oakland has a notorious reputation, indeed, it is a notorious city. Oakland has HUGE gang & crime problems. You want to know why the occupy movement in Oakland is so wild? Because OAKLAND IS ONE CRAZY ASS VIOLENT, DANGEROUS #ING CITY! I am not one single bit surprised this is happening, in freakin Oakland, of all places, nope, not one damn bit surprised. People not from the area wouldn't understand, this city is not normal, and this kind of behavior is extremely common in Oakland. It seems no one took the hint in that first photo, the guy on the left with the bandana is a member of the Nortenos. So there was a gang presence when all this happened, is anyone at all really surprised?
edit on 30-1-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enemyc0mbatant

The gold fringe on any American flag
is the greatest level of desecration one could have.
This goes for state flags as well. It says to the legal
world that you are under the law of the Corporations .
The gold fringe on the United States flag is a legal
holdover from these times. When one walks into the courtroom or any other

That is the biggest pile of horse crap
I have EVER READ.
There is a rule on ATS where members
are not allowed to use the likeness of MODS/staff
or the owners. In other words, imitating staff.
This is how the flag shown in the picture is being used
as an AMERICAN flag, what type of American flag it is
does not really matter, it could of been the one with only 13 stars
on it which represented the first 13 colonies.
If the people who burnt the flag, broke into the Y, and deliberately destroyed property,
do not like this country, then they can get the hell out!
edit on 30-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob
You guys don't understand. I live not far away from Oakland. In northern california Oakland has a notorious reputation, indeed, it is a notorious city. Oakland has HUGE gang & crime problems. You want to know why the occupy movement in Oakland is so wild? Because OAKLAND IS ONE CRAZY ASS VIOLENT, DANGEROUS #ING CITY! I am not one single bit surprised this is happening, in freakin Oakland, of all places, nope, not one damn bit surprised. People not from the area wouldn't understand, this city is not normal, and this kind of behavior is extremely common in Oakland. It seems no one took the hint in that first photo, the guy on the left with the bandana is a member of the Nortenos. So there was a gang presence when all this happened, is anyone at all really surprised?
edit on 30-1-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

It has NOTHING to do with the area.
It has EVERYTHING to do with the occupiers.
The occupiers are pissed they stopped
getting attention, so now they are ramping
up the violence. When will it ever end/?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by duality90

Flag-burning is your constitutional right.

It might be, but it's extremely classless and disrespectful. I would never burn my flag or anyone else's.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I've been watching a lot of the streams as they happen and the reason they broke in to the YMCA was to escape out the back. They had no intention of damaging it or occupying it; they were kettle'd in to a corner and left with no other means of escape.

If you see pictures of occupy guys doing bad things and they're wearing all black, please don't assume they speak for the whole movement. These guys wear black so they can do radical things and slip back in to the crowd and the majority of occupy guys down there don't want anything to do with their radical form of protest.

I couldn't say it better than homeboy Jones over here! Have you ever seen a film called "Battle in Seattle" ? This film has some good examples of how these bad apples can mess up a lot! I believe that most of the OWS peeps are good people wanting change. We have to remember that there is always at least two sides to a story. But if you notice 99% of the time these thugs that do the naughty things are wearing black.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unclerayray3000

But if you notice 99% of the time these thugs that do the naughty things are wearing black.

Black is intimidating. It makes you look awesome.

Most of these guys who are doing all of this are just over testosteroned fools

They want to be looked at as the revolutionaries and the freedom fighters. the reality is they are just idiots helping the police state.

Look at these guys lets take your civil liberties so that we can stop them!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join