It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why the occupy movement MUST BE STOPPED!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
They can burn all the gold-fringe flags they want as far as I'm concerned.

I was just about to say, That looks like the admiralty flag...Maritime jurisdiction, isnt that the insinuation?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by SLAYER69

So your in agreement with Pops that this guy doesn't know
Liberty from his Butt Hole?

And where did I say that?

Very telling.

Very Assuming...

I guess that book he is holding at the end of the vid
has his list of "handouts" you speak off.

Meanwhile, he is the only one with the balls to stand there while most everyone else took off and hid. Many of those same people who hid will come out against the military when it suites their Anti-US views. Yet, now the NAVY man is a hero.

Good for him standing his ground. Maybe the rest of the Bozos will learn.

edit on 30-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Or maybe you're confusing anti-war with anti-US. Big difference man.

How is it anti-US to be anti-corporate / anti-dictatorship? Most of these people love the USA, but these people are seeing their dreams eroded as fast as their houses are being taken by the banks. The same banks who fund lobbyists who fund politicians.

Just saying man.

Besides it's not just the USA - it's everywhere.
edit on 30-1-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69Meanwhile, he is the only one with the balls to stand there while most everyone else took off and hid. Many of those same people who hid will come out against the military when it suites their Anti-US views. Yet, now the NAVY man is a hero.

The red diaper doper babies
would run and hide if they
came to slit their daughters throats.
Big, bad, can burn a flag without
any opposition against them, would
piss there pants if they had to stand up
against people their size and REAL bullets.
I never said the guy in the video does not know
liberty, I was talking about occupy supporters.
Liberty and Tyranny are a fine line now.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by SLAYER69Meanwhile, he is the only one with the balls to stand there while most everyone else took off and hid. Many of those same people who hid will come out against the military when it suites their Anti-US views. Yet, now the NAVY man is a hero.

The red diaper doper babies
would run and hide if they
came to slit their daughters throats.
Big, bad, can burn a flag without
any opposition against them, would
piss there pants if they had to stand up
against people their size and REAL bullets.
I never said the guy in the video does not know
liberty, I was talking about occupy supporters.
Liberty and Tyranny are a fine line now.

Are you saying you'd stand still when someone shot at you?

Hmm.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

That's California. Not America.

You have anarchists. It's a deadly disease you need to get rid of. The rest of the country doesn't really have these problems.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by SLAYER69

So your in agreement with Pops that this guy doesn't know
Liberty from his Butt Hole?

And where did I say that?

Very telling.

Very Assuming...

I guess that book he is holding at the end of the vid
has his list of "handouts" you speak off.

Meanwhile, he is the only one with the balls to stand there while most everyone else took off and hid. Many of those same people who hid will come out against the military when it suites their Anti-US views. Yet, now the NAVY man is a hero.

Good for him standing his ground. Maybe the rest of the Bozos will learn.

Maybe if you had actually watched the video instead of ignorantly throwing names around you would know that there were other people there with him.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

That's California. Not America.

You have anarchists. It's a deadly disease you need to get rid of. The rest of the country doesn't really have these problems.

What?

Hitler said similar things about groups he didn't like.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351

I did not serve in Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan as a US Marine for these morons. Yes I know illegal wars yadayada, but servicemen like me will be the ones defending your freedoms and rights one day again.
You trampled my freedoms and the freedoms of others by going to those wars....yada, yada, yada.

In the instances I just saw I see nothing more than hoolagins akin to European soccer fans out to cause havic for fun and not for any specific cause.

And you see all Muslims one way or another too I'm sure. In fact, I'm sure the armed forces frowns on exceptions, gray area, contextual analysis and so forth and only desires morally apathetic black and white reactionism.

Listen you Occupiers if you had any real balls lets see you fight the police...Afghan children are fighting like men at the young age of 10 against formidable odds.

Well, the Afghans have it just a bit more drastic than US protesters. At least we here in the US have some semblance of rights...and we haven't started to be killed for protesting against corruption...yet.

In this case IF I WERE ordered to defend the OCO'ers I would refuse that order.

Marine Sniper 3rd battalion...8541 (0317)

Your title and origin mean nothing because they were for naught. Too bad all that bravado and pomp and circumstance doesn't even mean anything to the big wigs who made a lot of money off of your killing and your friends' dying...figure it out.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Sphota because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That's the problem with this movement.
Always missing the Mark. While they were earlier playing around over at Wall Street, many of us were saying for them to take it to the Fed way before they finally got the word and did.

Now, they are Burning the American Flag [Which is fine if that's their thing] If they are for the little guy over corporate greed and corruption then they should have burned some Fortune 500 Corporate flags. But, I guess they get confused and miss who they are protesting half the time.

All this will do is still further isolate them from an even larger percentage of people on the fence.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If the 'occupy' movement is making changes, what are they??

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I can only think of one reason why this could be acceptable but I doubt that was their intention. An American Flag with gold trim like that is called an Admiralty/Maritime flag Link. It is a symbol of rule by military. If they were doing this while explaining how America has become a military dictatorship/ police state, AND provided proof of how this is happening (must show their work). That coupled with their 1st amendment right to freedom of speach, then I can understand a little better. I really doubt that is what they were doing though.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar
Maybe if you had actually watched the video instead of ignorantly throwing names around you would know that there were other people there with him.

I watched it the first time it was posted here at ATS.
No need to watch it again the 100th or 1000th.

But please, feel free to hit the play button again .

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is just a warning thread
to all occupy supporters.
If you embrace this kind of
violence or turn a blind eye
to it, you will loose more then
all that time you spent protesting, but you will be
LOOSING ALL SUPPORT
FROM EVERYONE in AMERICA except
for the few that are left protesting.

There can be no justifying of these absurd
actions.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
This is just a warning thread
to all occupy supporters.

Why didn't you write this in your OP.

I know how much fear you strike into me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
WHO HERE BELIEVES THAT IS AN AMERICAN FLAG? If you agree... Well you are WRONG. Again I'm going to post this and I really feel sorry for the level of intelligence being put forth.

That flag is a brittish maritime admirallty flag... THAT IS NOT A FLAG THAT REPRESENTS THE UNITED STATES...

The flag which has yellow tassels hanging from it is a brittish maritime admiralty flag.... AGAIN... A BRITTISH MARITIME ADMIRALLTY FLAG!

My god... Why do I even come into these threads... If you love that flag good go live in brittain. But here... BURN IT!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

That's the problem with this movement.
Always missing the Mark. While they were earlier playing around over at Wall Street, many of us were saying for them to take it to the Fed way before they finally got the word and did.

Now, they are Burning the American Flag [Which is fine if that's their thing] If they are for the little guy over corporate greed and corruption then they should have burned some Fortune 500 Corporate flags. But, I guess they get confused and miss who they are protesting half the time.

All this will do is still further isolate them from an even larger percentage of people on the fence.

I agree - I do. The Occupy movement is leaderless, but then again even if it wasn't, the leaders would have been beaten and arrested a while ago.

And yes, burning a flag won't attract the people who are on the fence.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
For those whom refuse to believe me... GOOGLE IT. EDUCATE YOURSELF... Before you come on here making outlandish accusation.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I agree - I do. The Occupy movement is leaderless, but then again even if it wasn't, the leaders would have been beaten and arrested a while ago.

It would have IMHO added some disparately needed legitimacy and a clear leadership who could have outlined some clear cut and dry Agendas and if they were persecuted then they would have been martyrs which people with true concerns would have rallied behind

But this...

This is mob rule.

Proceed...

And yes, burning a flag won't attract the people who are on the fence.

People here talk about VETS joining the movement. That's true but not very many and not to the extent that many OWS here at ATS would love to see. Many of the on the fence VETS see flag burning and want no part of it. Otherwise, OWS would have a few hundred thousand VETS not just a spattering join them in mass.

In addition, I'm aware that this is a larger movement than just in the US. But, tell me how burning the American flag [We both know most Americans are Proud and Patriotic] will this garner support from the Masses? Maybe because of these types of acts are among the many reasons why they haven't grown exponentially as had been predicted?

Seems like an overly emotional flash in the pan attempt to garner attention.
One which may backfire IMO.

No?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

And to all who feel nonviolent protest will not work....

Non violent protest does not, in itself, topple a government but it does get the majority of the populace on your side. Images of peaceful marchers being beaten and hit with high pressure water cannons do far more to advance one's cause than all the rock throwing, taunting, and acts of vandalism in the world.

The main problem I see with the OWS movement is there's no plan or leadership. This movement is like a driverless car, it is going no where because no one has assumed an "open" leadership role. Look at every revolution, rebellion, or social movement throughout history, each had a leader and a doctrine.

If Rosa Parks had walked onto that bus and became violent, the world would never have heard her name. If it weren't for Dr Martin Luther KIng, we would still have segregation. What about Gandhi, a man who abhorred violence lead millions peacefully against violent opposition...and he won freedom.

For those lusting after a violent end..who is leading you? Every violent and nonviolent revolution had one thing in common, a leader. Mao Tse Tung, Joseph Stalin, Robespiere...leaders of revolutions!

What does OWS have? Soros?
edit on 30-1-2012 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

And to all who feel nonviolent protest will not work....

If Rosa Parks had walked onto that bus and became violent, the world would never have heard her name.

That is the truth.
But Rosa wasn't rushed, tear gassed, zip tied and lead away .

To then be slandered on the news as, "Crazy Lady Wants free Car"

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join