It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why the occupy movement MUST BE STOPPED!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
.. If you support Occupy after
seeing all the evidence of it being a left wing extremist
movement, then you are no better then the group of occupiers
that threw the old lady down a flight of stairs!

If you support the police after seeing all the Protesters
rights being violated. You are no better than the
Fascist cop who sprayed the people sitting peacefully
with pepper spray.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Ever heard of the Boston Tea Party? They didn't exactly hold hands and sing songs, did they?

That's it? That's your excuse? "But momma the other kids are doing it"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
As everyone knows, fighting police is just plain dumb. Real balls is standing up for what you believe in, while faced with extreme adversity and monumental odds.
edit on 30-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

Kind of like the American and British soldiers
who fought in World War 2, most joined
not by force but signed up! Some drafted,
they did not run to Mexico or Canada.
Hitler and Japan were pretty scary, but
our men died for the WORLDS freedom.
These occupy pansies are not soldiers,
they do not represent me as part of the 99%.
If this was the tea party doing this I would not
be able to even make excuses for them, like
all the excuses that are made up for all the VIOLENCE
that is part of occupy... If you support Occupy after
seeing all the evidence of it being a left wing extremist
movement, then you are no better then the group of occupiers
that threw the old lady down a flight of stairs!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here is a first hand account of someone who claims to have been at the protest. I read this last night before I saw this thread and I believe there is much to be learned about the protest from reading this man's story. Don't believe the MSM they will spin it their way like they always do and the gullible will fall for it.

For the internet, here's a first-hand account of Occupy Oakland on 1/28/2012, because the news never tells the full story. I'll tell you about the street battle, the 300+ arrests, the vandalism, the flag burning, all in the context of my experience today. This is deeper than the headlines. No major news source can do that for you, but Reddit can. The stated goal for the day was to "move-in" to a large, abandoned, building to turn it into a social and political center. It is a long vacant convention center - the only people ever near there are the homeless who use the space outside the building as a bed. The building occupation also draws attention to the large number of abandoned and unused buildings in Oakland. The day started with a rally and a march to the proposed building. The police knew which building was the target, surrounded it, and used highly mobile units to try and divert the protest. After avoiding police lines, the group made it to one side of the building. Now, this is a very large building, and we were on a road with construction fences on both sides, and a large ditch separating us from the cops. The police fired smoke grenades into the crowd as the group neared a small path around the ditch, towards the building. They declared an unlawful assembly, and this is when the crowd broke down the construction fence. A few people broke fences to escape the situation, others because they were pissed. A couple more fences were taken down than necessary, but no valuable equipment was destroyed. They only things broken were the fences. The crowd decided to continue moving, and walked up the block to a more regular street. We decided to turn left up the street, and a police line formed to stop the march. They again declared an unlawful assembly. The protesters challenged the line, marching towards the police with our own shields in front. You can see the shields in the earlier-linked visual, some small and black and a few large metal sheets. The police fired tear-gas as the group approached, and shot less-than-lethal rounds at the crowd. The protesters returned one volley of firecrackers, small projectiles, and funny things like balloons. A very weak attack, 3 officers may have been hit by something but none of them got injured. Tear gas forced many people back. The protesters quickly regrouped, and pressed the line again. This time the police opened fire with flash-grenades, tear gas, paint-filled beanbag shotguns, and rubber bullets. After the police fired heavily on the protesters, they pushed their line forward and made a few arrests. The protesters regrouped down the block and began to march the other way (followed by police), back to Oscar Grant Plaza. All of this occurred during the day, but it was that street battle that set the tone for the police response later in the evening. After taking a break in Oscar Grant Plaza, feeding everyone and resting, the group headed out for their evening march. Around 5pm, the group took to the street at 14th and Broadway and began a First-amendment sanctioned march around the city. The police response was very aggressive. About 15 minutes into the march, the police attempted to kettle the protesters. This march was entirely non-violent; nobody threw # at the cops and an unlawful assembly was never declared. . This is a very important detail. The march was 1000+ strong, conservatively. The police were very mobile, using 25+ rented 10seater vans to bring the 'troops' to the march. For their first attempt at a kettle, the cops charged the group with police lines from the front and back. They ran towards us aggressively. Us being 1000+ peaceful marching protesters. The group was forced to move up a side street. The police moved quickly to surround the entire area; they formed a line on every street that the side street connected to. Police state status: very efficient. They kettled almost the entire protest in the park near the Fox theater. AFTERWARDS, as in after they surrounded everyone, they declared it to be an unlawful assembly BUT OFFERED NO EXIT ROUTE. Gas was used (didn't hit me, could have been tear or smoke gas. If I say tear gas, like earlier, I felt it and know 100%.). The crowd then broke down a fence that was on one side of the kettle, and 1000 people ran across a field escaping a police kettle and embarrassing the entire police force. It was literally a massive jailbreak from a kettle. The group re-took telegraph ave. and left the police way behind. At this point, I was on edge because I knew the police were not #ing around tonight. Because of the incident earlier in the day, I realized they were effectively treating the peaceful march as a riot. There was not rioting, or intentions to riot, just dancing, optimism, hope, and walking. But clearly the police thought differently, and I knew they would try to trap us again without warning. From the moment I saw riot police running towards our march from both directions, I knew the constitution would not apply in Oakland tonight. The police made that very clear. My friends thought differently, thinking that they would not be arrested for marching. They are currently in jail. The second, and successful, kettle occurred as the protest was headed back up Broadway, at Broadway and 24th. Again, the police appeared quickly in front of the crowd, as well as a line behind the crowd. This time there was no side street. A few people attempted to escape into the YMCA; some mis-infonformed news reports claim that the YMCA got 'occupied'. Around 300 people were trapped, mostly young people. At this point I had fallen behind the line of riot police in back of the crowd, and when the kettle was sprung I was on the other side of the police line. I have a policy of avoiding arrest, but I feel like I've been striped of some dignity. I've seen some # go down in oaktown, but I've always avoided arrest because it was easy. Most mass arrests occur when people choose to break the law (ie occupying Bank of America in SF with a tent to send a statement to UC Regent Monica Lozano). At 'unlawfully assemblies', people are usually extracted by a quick attack of 5+ cops, and they're often 'targets' (previously-identified and profiled protesters). If the crowd is too large, they use tear-gas. (continued in comments)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Source: www.reddit.com...

I believe his account of the events that day to be true, and if so then it is very reasonable for the protesters to have done what they did. If anyone is to blame it is the police who trample on our rights.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

REAL ACTION?
Right, the occupiers
really do want violence.
This REAL ACTION is
not going to change anything
except them getting the boot.
Only idiots are going to support this
violence.

But I'm sure you support the violent actions of the riot police. eh? Come on the world is messed and it's entirely humanities fault, and we are the ones who have to fix it. If people don't start trying now, then when? When will everybody stand up and unite and create the utopian society which we have every ability to create.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper0351
reply to post by L00kingGlass

I believe "LookingGlass" you and I have more in common than not, we just have differing opinions on how to go about it.

Sniper

That's pretty much been the theme of my existence on ATS, and I thank you for being a little more respectful about it than others.

/tip of the hat
edit on 30-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatIveSeen

Yeah and you believe anything the occupy movement tells you...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
What u did thur is called a "fallacy of composition". It is a logical fallacy that comes about when you try to represent the whole based on only a part of the whole. Understand? My shortest yet most sense-packed post evar!!!

Thousands of occupiers there partaking
in the violence.
will be stopped!
edit on 30-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

hav you seen this yourself or have you just read things on the internet or seen net vids.

Has anyone actually been to one of these occupy movments and seen this?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Foul BEHAVIOR from occupy

Occupy protesters broke into Oakland's City Hall and a YMCA Saturday night, after a day of demonstrations that led to several clashes Source: The Bay Citizen (s.tt...)

www.baycitizen.org...
Disgusting BEHAVIOR OCCUPY

i support the deaths of those involved!

its one thing to disagree with the administration, the politicians, the new illegal-unjust laws, but to burn the Flag of The United States Of America, that is completely unacceptable

in my opinion to burn the flag is a form of treason and they should be punished for treason

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret

i support the deaths of those involved!
in my opinion to burn the flag is a form of treason and they should be punished for treason

Its a 6 dollar Made in China flag, hardly treason.

link   
reply to post by abovesecret

You sound like those Jihadists that wanted bloody murder because someone drew a cartoon about Mohammad. The flag represents liberty and freedom (noticed how I said represents and not "is") which includes the right to burn a flag. The life of a person(s) isn't worth murdering for some off-placed fanatical form of nationalism. We have become more of a corporation than a country anyway and are voting not for a president this coming election but for a CEO. The FED are the board trustees.

link   

Kind of like the American and British soldiers
who fought in World War 2, most joined
not by force but signed up!

Wrong. Ten million of the 16 million Americans who served in WW II were drafted.

uspolitics.about.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think this thread is verging on the delusional. The Op is more concerned about a flag than the state of his country. Have you not considered that the burning flag is a metaphor for the sorry state of events that corporations have inflicted?

The OP is justifying the violence used by police and trying to clamp down on all protesters. Yet wholly ignores the injustices of his own government, his lawmakers, lobbyists and corporate nasties.

Sickening

Edit: and it's really dragging the fascists out of the woodwork. 'I support the deaths of all involved'

I sincerely hope they are joking. Eurgh.
edit on 30-1-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret

There's plenty of treason being committed by those wrapping themselves in the flag. And they're the ones bankrupting and selling out the country; far more dangerous than some hot headed kids in the street with matches.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I think this thread is verging on the delusional. The Op is more concerned about a flag than the state of his country. Have you not considered that the burning flag is a metaphor for the sorry state of events that corporations have inflicted?

The OP is justifying the violence used by police and trying to clamp down on all protesters. Yet wholly ignores the injustices of his own government, his lawmakers, lobbyists and corporate nasties.

Sickening

Edit: and it's really dragging the fascists out of the woodwork. 'I support the deaths of all involved'

I sincerely hope they are joking. Eurgh.
edit on 30-1-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

I think you hit the head of the nail on that one.

if the entire occupy movment was like that the whole thing wouldnt have lasted as long as it has. and the msm would be milking it for all they can

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm all for occupy! If there's going to be violence let there be violence already! Show the elitist pigs what the people are capable of.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

There's plenty of treason being committed by those wrapping themselves in the flag. And they're the ones bankrupting and selling out the country; far more dangerous than some hot headed kids in the street with matches.

You sir have just WON the TwOSides Post of the day award.

For your pursuit of level headedness in a thread of extreme over-reacting, you receive 2

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
I've been watching a lot of the streams as they happen and the reason they broke in to the YMCA was to escape out the back. They had no intention of damaging it or occupying it; they were kettle'd in to a corner and left with no other means of escape.

If you see pictures of occupy guys doing bad things and they're wearing all black, please don't assume they speak for the whole movement. These guys wear black so they can do radical things and slip back in to the crowd and the majority of occupy guys down there don't want anything to do with their radical form of protest.

They would not needed to *escape*
if they were not doing anything wrong.
THIS IS OCCUPY this DOES speak for the whole
group. They want violence. This is not the boston
tea party or the revolution war. Quit comparing them.
Ready for the onslaught of PRO occupy defending
the actions of these people and the occupy movement.
It will be stopped I PROMISE.

Have you never heard of an agent provocateur? I have.

Have you never seen a group of police officers do something to somebody that didn't deserve it? I have.

Why should we not compare them to the effectors of the Boston Tea Party or the revolution, what they want is change, and what we need is change, the only way to change our situation is to create systemic change, the only way to do so without revolution is by entering the system and doing it ourselves. The system is rigged/broken, therefore making that impossible, so what do we do to create change? WE REBEL, WE REVOLT, WE REVOLUTIONIZE.

I'm not "Pro-Occupy," in fact, the original occupy movements seemed to be nothing but a show put on for the masses, nothing was accomplished, and they all went home. But I am Pro-Fixing Our Snipping Issues.
If the only way to do so is to cause revolution, so be it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join